X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Tech here now

Anyone seen this article

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/03...nsparent_chip/

We are well on the way to becoming the Ancients. hehe maybe we will build the stargates.

They remind me of the isolinear chips from Star Trek
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Thanks for tipoff to the site. Tinhats attract mindcontrol waves! classic. Also the transparent chips reminded me of an article I read a while back about a material that allowed light to be trapped within when manipulated with laser. If this was perfected it would make optical processors much more plausible, thought someone might be interested now that we are talking about futuristic circuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi8uS
        Anyone seen this article

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/03...nsparent_chip/

We are well on the way to becoming the Ancients. hehe maybe we will build the stargates.

Very nice. Always glad to see new tech stuff...
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

We still need to build interstellar ships....
          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

c through chips and stargate and ships are way different, maybe in like 100-1000 years we might be able to have stargate and space ships, who noes? hey there might actualy be stargates n the us might be hidin a stargate program...
            ________________________________________________________________________________ ______

THE 2 BEST SHIPS IN STARGATE!!! GO ASGARD!!!
            Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
            Anime signature in spoiler tag
            Spoiler:
            Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

We can always hope.

But any way I just keep on seeing technology that was first bought up or invision on star trek. Invicible chips, transporters(well for now just for atoms)
              sheild. When will it stop. I think perhaps gene rodberry came from the future.

Comment

Really it's impossible for us to predict where we'll be in 50 years. Look at the massive leap in technology since 1960 to today. We're approaching a critical "invention" mass, where we're now inventing things to help us invent other things, rather than for the end product itself.
                First, please use spoiler tags. If I want to know what happens in the show I'll watch it. Second, if you don't like the show, stop watching it. That way you won't feel the need to complain that a sci-fi entertainment show has "plot holes" or "isn't realistic". There is a difference between commenting on an episode you didn't like and constantly complaining about the series as a whole. After all, why torture yourself by watching something you don't like...

Comment

It's about damn time.

I saw on a show once that we were going to have computer-controlled LCD windows. That is, you make the windows go opaque at night, and instead of having to wake up then open the curtains, you just set an alarm and the window's opacity will become 0 automatically.

That would beat the hell out of my current setup.

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888
                    c through chips and stargate and ships are way different, maybe in like 100-1000 years we might be able to have stargate and space ships, who noes? hey there might actualy be stargates n the us might be hidin a stargate program...
                    I think he means they are like the control crystals, which do look very similar.

Originally posted by Bragi
                    It's about damn time.

I saw on a show once that we were going to have computer-controlled LCD windows. That is, you make the windows go opaque at night, and instead of having to wake up then open the curtains, you just set an alarm and the window's opacity will become 0 automatically.

They had those on an episode of CSI: Miami!
                    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

as much as i wish the stargate was real and the show was being used so it would be eased into the general public, that would suck if the ori existed. i say we be the ancients
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

that awersome how we are developing things so quickly and you have scifi shows to thank for that, because with out it we wouldn't dream about making stuff like that. i think we already have ion populsion technolgoy i heard in a article that the EU will research and fund ion tech for development in their new space craft.

but 1 thing i was wondering how do you keep track of all the tech that being developed and wouldn't it be a waste of resoucres to research the same thing? like 2 different countries researching something.

Comment

Originally posted by Animefreak/Scififreak
                          that awersome how we are developing things so quickly and you have scifi shows to thank for that, because with out it we wouldn't dream about making stuff like that. i think we already have ion populsion technolgoy i heard in a article that the EU will research and fund ion tech for development in their new space craft.

but 1 thing i was wondering how do you keep track of all the tech that being developed and wouldn't it be a waste of resoucres to research the same thing? like 2 different countries researching something.
                          That one of the big probems with research at the moment especially in space rsearch and exploring mars. I seem quite often that america and the esa tens to launch the same kind of vessels with the same research goal. But generally it good to have different teams researching the same thing , one the other teams can verify your results. The main advantage is that it become more like a competiton of who can complete it first and it actually speed up the research.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                            It's about damn time.

Yeah, it's been around for several years. I remember seeing them back in like the 90's on a show like Beyond 2000. It's basically a giant LCD and by adjusting the amount of current going to the window, you can make the window nearly transparent to completely opaque and about any level in between.

Originally posted by Endeavour
                            Really it's impossible for us to predict where we'll be in 50 years. Look at the massive leap in technology since 1960 to today. We're approaching a critical "invention" mass, where we're now inventing things to help us invent other things, rather than for the end product itself.
                            Yes, it's called a technological singularity. We're probably not there yet, but possibly in a century or two.

Comment

Yeah, it's been around for several years. I remember seeing them back in like the 90's on a show like Beyond 2000. It's basically a giant LCD and by adjusting the amount of current going to the window, you can make the window nearly transparent to completely opaque and about any level in between.
                              I'm very, very sure it's not an LCD. It's polarized glass changed by the use of an electric current. They have the same thing in BMW's to auto-dim the rear view mirror when car comes up behind with its headlights on, so you don't get blinded by the reflection.

Thanks for that link btw, I didn't know there was a real name for the phenomenon.
                              First, please use spoiler tags. If I want to know what happens in the show I'll watch it. Second, if you don't like the show, stop watching it. That way you won't feel the need to complain that a sci-fi entertainment show has "plot holes" or "isn't realistic". There is a difference between commenting on an episode you didn't like and constantly complaining about the series as a whole. After all, why torture yourself by watching something you don't like...

Comment

Working...
                              X