This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    Then you have some idea what it was like to deal with 1% of what Zake was like on a good day. and 0.0001% of what AJT was like. Yes it pushed people to do better, but it pushed me over the edge of serious anger for a good number of months while he belittled a huge chunk of what people did for 2.0.
    Meh, he reminds me of boot camp DI on those movies. I really have to read 2.0 one of these days. Peopel like that are good for us, their like immuno boosters, tinY infections that strenthen the system as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
      Ok I'm back, and i see that i've been completely ignored,.......again.......Psh...... screw you people, I reject GW

Comment

I like your ship bob, please don't go!

And since I haven't posted a ship in a while...I call it the "Hades":

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's a blend of Earth and Lantian styles. (and not finished!)
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I quite liked you last design Boberth.... not sure about the dip near the front o fhte 3-seater cockpit, but over all it looks good.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Yeah bob, you cant reject us lol we all like your stuff, want to see new angles to start with, and you got specs?

Oh and zake wasnt a virus, he was a plague.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
              I like your ship bob, please don't go!

And since I haven't posted a ship in a while...I call it the "Hades":

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's a blend of Earth and Lantian styles. (and not finished!)
              Man you need to get a sense of humor. Thanks, I like the hades, try to make a clay rendering of the model so we can see all the details of the model.

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              I quite liked your last design Boberth.... not sure about the dip near the front of the 3-seater cockpit, but over all it looks good.
              Thanks Dr. Lee, I posted the drawing earlier this year sometime.
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Yeah bob, you cant reject us lol we all like your stuff, want to see new angles to start with, and you got specs?

new angles on the ship

Sorry about the double post
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

You mean me? Not really; I've been avoiding that so that it'll be open for any of the Fleets if it ends up being good enough. It's a Battleship or Dreadnought, it's around 875 meters long, and it has 90 missile tubes. (a lot, don't you think?) That's pretty much all I've set in stone.

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                  Man you need to get a sense of humor.
                  I've been hearing that, maybe I should do something about it...

Thanks, I like the hades, try to make a clay rendering of the model so we can see all the details of the model.
                  What exactly do you mean?
                  sigpic

Comment

Well clay rendering is a feature on some rendering programs that sets ambient light and makes the model look kinda 'clay' like. The surfaces should appear nice, crisp, and you can see all of the edges and surfaces of the model. In Lightwave it's called 'radiosity', I don't know what you use but it might be a feature that will give your models the justice they diserve.
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Hmm, well, I have Sketchup and Blender (though my .skp models don't convert to Blender well), and this is .skp, so unless anyone wants to convert it to .3ds for me then I'm stuck with either Sketchup exports or Podium renders. Neither of which have that "clay" thing. However, Blender does, I believe, have it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Their is a ruby plugin that does it in sketchup, best person to ask would be extrenix, or google, they both have decent advice for you

http://www.suwiki.org/suwiki/index.p...ds_Clay_Render
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Ruby, hmm, must explore. . .
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey bob remember this?

Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                              Hey bob remember this?

I do I do! I haven't seen that model in ages, it was one of the first models that I drew out, even before I started to model in 3D
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I was cleaning out my files and I found it and decided to finish it out.

Its fun
                                Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                                X