Star Trek Home Creator Goes Bankrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Home Creator Goes Bankrupt

What started as a hobby quickly became an obsession for Star Trek fan Tony Alleyne. Shortly before splitting from his wife Georgina , Tony replaced their refrigerator with a “warp coil” because he thought other Trekkies would pay for these types of conversions. Than came molded walls, touch-panel blue lighting, custom command console, porthole shaped windows, and even a life-sized model of the transporter room. He racked up over $174,000 in debt trying to get his idea off the ground. Here is what Tony had to say:

“But I was wrong and just overstretched. Building it in my apartment was the enjoyable and easy bit. But then I got hooked up with marketing and merchandise people here and in America and it all got out of hand. I’m still proud of what I created but it’s been a financial disaster.”

he thought other Trekkies would pay for these types of conversions
    ?????????
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Piernik
      What started as a hobby quickly became an obsession for Star Trek fan Tony Alleyne.
      Where did you find this, Piernik? I've seen that guy before, maybe there IS such a thing as too much Trek after all! Try posting this info in that thread, it's right up their street.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I heard about that on Countdown last night.
        sigpic

Comment

Hmm...funny there was an article about this guy in a TV guide the other day, talking about how he bought the flat for £26 000 and was expecting to sell it for £800 000

I don't have much faith in this news, as I read the interview about two days ago.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

LOL!!!!!

oh dear poor guy, he overestimated how much he would get back, obviously what became a hobby became his life, thats sad in a way, the place looks good but giving all the law suits and copyrights he must be feeling quite the fool now.

to sell his apartment for $800.000 is foolish, the amount of money he spent on all that decor was minute compared to the overall value of the property, of course if ST fans had that money they could splash out but they would just make a place of their own that is even better, no fool would buy that in their sane mind, the phrase "lemon" comes to mind.
            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

i read in the metro the other day that despite declaring himself bankrupt he's using the little money he gets in to convert it into Voyager as well.

To quote Chewin' the fat: "You've taken that too far."

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Good for him for having the balls to live it. It's only money.

Comment

Ridiculous. And old.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

well, if I hit the lottery for 213 million this week I'll buy the place from him as my london pad.

The next step would be to obtain Jeri Ryan's power of attorney and ....well...

Resistance is futile!

Comment

Wow, this is seriously awesome, however absurd.
                      Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

What would be cooler a TOS era house or TNG era house?

Comment

TOS definitely. Miniskirts are mandatory.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It would be kind of fun, if you had to do work on your house, to go into the Jefferies Tubes.

Comment

Working...
                            X