This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients and Ra

I've been thinking...according to Stargate the movie, Ra arrived on Earth in 8000 BC, which is 10005 years ago from the present time. The Ancients fled back to Earth from Atlantis "10000 years ago", as of 2004, which would be somewhere around 7996 BC. The times could be off by a couple years, as the "10000 years ago" mentioned in Atlantis was approximate...but the end result is the same: the Ancients arrived back on Earth just a few years after Ra arrived and started making slaves/Goa'uld hosts of the humans. The Ancients somewhat integrated themselves in the human cultures of the time, at least the more advanced ones, so the question remains...why didn't they do anything about Ra? They were far far more technologically advanced than the Goa'uld were. The non-ascended Ancients didn't seem to have a non-interference policy then, because they mingled and obviously at least somewhat bred with the humans of the time, passing down the Ancient gene. Also, another question is, as advanced as the Ancients were (they only had the Antarctic outpost at the time they returned I'm sure, possibly the hidden catacombs revealed in Avalon also), why didn't Ra take notice of this? I suppose the Ancients could've shielded their stuff from Ra, but why would they do this and yet still involve themselves in the human cultures of the time? I think there's a lot that we haven't found out yet. Maybe the Ancients wanted to keep themselves and their tech secret from the humans and the Goa'uld of the time...

Ah, Someone who understands.

Comment

Thinking more...it's also possible that they kept their identity and tech secret from both the humans and the Goa'uld but worked against Ra and helped some of the human cultures of the time in less obvious ways...maybe using their tech unnoticeably. Maybe they even shielded some cultures from the Goa'uld so they could develop without interference. Maybe the Ancients had some part in Ra leaving after SG-1's revolt 5000 years ago that we just haven't seen also.

Comment

Okay, I just thought of something that relates to this thread. The movie states Ra was here about 10,000 years ago to 5,000 years ago, give or take a few years. According to Atlantis, the Alterans came back about 10,000 years ago. So which gate did Atlantis connect to?

If they came after Ra set up base with a new gate, did they come out in Egypt throught the Giza gate? I am sure Ra would have noticed if they did.

Or did they come out through the original Antarctic gate? I am sure Antarctica was down on the south pole 10,000 years ago much like today, so they had a long journey ahead to get out and get to warmer clients. If I remember correctly the gate was nowhere near the chair platform/outpost. They could have taken a few puddle jumpers or other tech with them back to Earth when they went back, or had a survey before they left, even if it wasn't shown on "Before I Sleep". But I got the feeling that they sort of rushed out and back to Earth as a spur of the moment idea to retreat.

Anyone have any ideas or any info that might clear this up? OR any speculation?

Steve

Comment

In the movie, the first MALP was also sent across the universe, as opposed to across the galaxy. I think the Stargate series has taken certain liberties and mucked around with the universe created in the movie.
          Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Comment

I'm thinking of the "director's cut" of Stargate...it features an expanded beginning, which clearly shows that Ra arrives in 8000 BC. They have taken some liberties...but I don't think they messed around with the time the Goa'uld first arrived. Perhaps the Ancients were aware of the Goa'uld presence and just didn't concern themselves with it. Another question remains...when was the antarctic gate buried? It had to have been functional when the Ancients returned from Atlantis...then it was buried for awhile, and then opened up again before SG-1 accidentally connected to it in season 1. Also, Ayiana (sp?) was frozen something like 3 million years ago, and she was clearly shown being left behind when Atlantis left. Maybe the Ancients got back, found the antarctic outpost buried, didn't think it worth the effort to dig out, and integrated themselves with the more advanced human societies of the time. Maybe the gate *was* buried when SG-1 connected to it, and the force of establishing a wormhole by jumping from another gate as opposed to normally knocked whatever was blocking the gate loose, then the "whoosh" of the wormhole opened up the cavern. I really wish they'd give some more information about this.

Comment

The cavern it was I'm I'm pretty sure was bigger than what would have been created by the splash (compare the size of that cavern with the one in the one where the gate gets hit by a meteor and knocked over earlier in SG1). Just at a guess, the cavern was formed later. Possibly the ancients after they came through and left deliberately buried the Antarctic gate in the ice to be sure that nothing came through behind them. Over time it drifted and a cavern was formed behind it. Or maybe it was buried when they came through and they melted their way out but that of course would have long since resealed itself probably. Of the two I rather like the first answer better and it makes more sense then why Ra had to bring a gate to Earth when there already was one and also why there was no apparent conflict between him and the ancients when they came through.

Comment

This is completey contradictory to Moebius, but it never made sense to me how the humans on earth at the time supposedly had an uprising and made Ra leave. It would make sense if the Ancients covertly aided them.
                The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
                  This is completey contradictory to Moebius, but it never made sense to me how the humans on earth at the time supposedly had an uprising and made Ra leave. It would make sense if the Ancients covertly aided them.
                  I'm probably totally wrong but I don't remember anything about an uprising in the original Stargate movie. I thought that the Egyptians just sealed the gate while they were gone between visits. Moebius does seem a little weird if that's the case. I need to do some rewatching, I've still only seen the whole series once!!

Comment

No, I think Daniel in the movie when describing the heiroglyphics says that the egyptians rebelled and buried the gate too.

Comment

Your right, Daniel did describe the story in detail and yes there WAS a rebellion which made Ra leave.

Very interesting thread this - shame I don't have time to reply right now..

-DT

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Side note, remember the cavern in Solitudes.

The cavern is largely bigger than what would the kawoosh have digged.
                        More funnily, behind the gate, on the other side, there were multiple wall sections, which all of them were actually bearing a large and more or less circular hole, with the most distant wall bearing the smallest hole. Just like if the gate got dialed several times, but between each dial, the cavern formed and drifted a bit. However, unfortunately, these holes are behind the gate, so the kawoosh can't explain them.
                        But the siphon vortex forming behind the gate could have dug these holes.
                        However, the spinning rear vortex was a movie effect which got ditched out in SG-1. But where one would say that it's a discrepancy between the show and the movie, another could argue that - in fact - this was due to the miscalibrating of the dialing system, just as much as how people walking out of the gate were a bit frozen before the SGC recalibrated the interface after Children of the Gods.
                        Maybe the spinning vortew was due to the DHD being damaged since millenia (that's why the unlucky jaffas were trapped there).
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

this is so cool ppl that think the same wayas i do i feel so loved in here every has great point i love to read what every one has to say
                          carter "colone?"
                          o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Yes I always wondered how those Jaffa got there.

Was it an accident? or was the Ancient gate still actually in live service?

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Maybe when they came back from atlantis, they had gaps in knowing where things were "hid" on earth, because there were "toys" in South America, Antartica, Egypt, and where ever Daniels grandfather went, so maybe there goal was to recover what they could but to survive they integrated to society, or maybe they saw the power the goauld had, and in there weekend state, tried to hide everything they could from the gouald, hoping that they would be able to rise again. After that became evident that it wouldn't happen they just created more hints for us later on.

Comment

Working...
                              X