This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary Poppins, an Ancient in disguise?

We need a lighter note from all the Jesus talk, So I put forth that Mary Poppins was probably an Ancient.

whats everyone elses opinion?

Guardian

Definitely!

Madeleine

Comment

LOL! Good one

Comment

I believe she was actually Oma Desala.
        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Early each day to the steps of Stargate
          The glowy figure comes to conflate
          In her own special way to the people she calls,
          "Come, now and share with me soon
          Come hold down my hand,
          Show me you dare
          And you'll be glad if you do
          If people are dying
          No need to fear
          All it takes is belief from you

Seed the worlds, the Stargate's the key
          Stargate, stargate, the stargate's the key
          "Seed the worlds," that's what she cries
          While overhead, her words fill the skies

All around the galaxy the other Ascendeds
          Look down as she shows her despair
          Although you can't see it,
          You know they are smiling
          Each time someone shows that he dares

Though her words are simple and few
          Listen, listen, she's calling to you
          "Seed my worlds, the Stargate's the key
          Stargate, stargate, the stargate's the key"
          Last edited by Easter Lily; 27 May 2005, 03:38 PM. Reason: I've taken on board Chyron suggestion and changed words to worlds. It does make more sense.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

WOW!!
            Maybe she was an ancient, in the same light could Chitty Chitty Bang Bang be an early gate ship?

Comment

Why would she need a ship...?

Maybe... anything is possible in sci-fi but not Dick van Dyke with a cockney accent...

Quite bizarre... Ian Fleming and Mary Poppins mentioned together in the same sentence...
              Only in science fiction...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Oh I can see it now. The SG1 team is surrounded by some REALLY, REALLY nasty enemy - something worst than the lizzards and more vicious than the Wraith. The enemy is drolling(sp) over the tasty treats that they're about to enjoy. SG1 is saying there goodbyes to each other and then *POOF* Mary Poppins appears.

(MP of course has a British accent.)
                Mary Poppins: Now, now. Its not polite to eat strangers.
                Enemy #1: (in a vicious Sauron voice) Stay out of this woman.
                Mary Poppins: I'm quite sorry, but I'm afraid that I just can't.
                Enemy #2: Very well then, we'll kill you as well.
                Mary Poppins: I believe that you're quite mistaken on that point.
                Mary takes on a karate-poise similar to the one Morpheus takes in 'The Matrix' when he and Neo are deuling where one hand is extended. She then motions to the Enemy to attack using the same hand movement that Morpheus used. (The bring-it on one.) The Enemy charge at her. At the last minute, her hand goes into her pocket, grabs something like powder and throws it at the Enemy #1. The Enemy stops surprised and then starts to melt Oz-wicked witch style.
                Mary Poppins: (to the rest of the thousands of enemies waiting) Anyone else?
                The charge her and she breaks out into 'Just a Spoonful of Sugar' doing a combination of singing, dancing and karate moves as she single handily takes on and kills each and every one using her magic powder. In the end, their all goo on the floor.
                Sam: What was that you were sprinkling on them?
                Mary Poppins: Why Sugar of course?
                Jack: Carter, make a note to add sugar cubes to the survival packs.

David H

Originally posted by GuardianKentel
                We need a lighter note from all the Jesus talk, So I put forth that Mary Poppins was probably an Ancient.

whats everyone elses opinion?

Guardian
                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

You just KNOW that bag is Ancient's tech

*pictures Jack with his head in the bag*

Comment

Originally posted by mazzmatazz
                    You just KNOW that bag is Ancient's tech

*pictures Jack with his head in the bag*
                    Ya, but what is up with that Duck/Umbrella?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                      Ya, but what is up with that Duck/Umbrella?
                      See, the umbrella is an early form of the transport closets…..

Comment

You know it’s really scary, but some how it all makes sense….
                        wow, maybe i need more sleep....

Comment

Only on Gateworld could we go from Jesus to Mary Poppins....
                          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                          Daniel: Oh! You see?
                          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                            Only on Gateworld could we go from Jesus to Mary Poppins....
                            Hey ya don't think...jesus and mary sittin' in a tree....nah, maybe not.

I think Bert(Dick Van Dyke) was an ancient too, I mean he was able to float to the ceiling just by laughing, and both him and Mary Poppins could jump into street paintings
                            Actually, thinking about it, i don't think they DID jump into the paintings. I think they realy just transported to the park/fair using the magic duck umbrella and that they pretended to 'jump' as to not reveal their true identities ( hence the ancient in disguise bit)

Wow i have wayyyy to much time on my hands

Edit - cool i made my 100th post in the Mary poppins thread

Comment

Daniel: Super... cali.. frailistic... expialidocious??

Comment

Working...
                              X