No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    That's me with Star Wars (epp 4 and forward), Marvel, or Stargate Atlantis or SG1. I catch one of them one as I'm scrolling through and my day is officially over. It's a compulsion.
    Yep, same here, especially with Marvel.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I do the same thing with Star Wars too! I have them all on DVD, but if they're on TV then I simply must watch them. I was at my brother's and he clicked past Thor. I got them to watch it for a few minutes. My sister-in-law couldn't believe that I wasn't watching for Chris Hemsworth. I kept telling her, no, I like the brother. So then they said "oh you mean Liam". Nooooooooooo!! I meant Tom Hiddleston, you fools!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm trying, and obviously failing, at limiting electronics before bed. I tried it, but I was just too bored. And I couldn't fall asleep anyway.
      Here's what I have experienced with electronics before bed. Mr. SR and I always spend an hour or so before bed reading. Sometimes I start falling asleep, so I switch over from the Kindle app to a game. Every time I do that I have trouble falling asleep. It's like my brain is energized and won't turn off. So I try to limit the mental stimulation before sleep.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It's the blue light from electronics that keep you awake... it stimulates the rising part of your brain. Electronics before bed are generally considered bad.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Here's what I have experienced with electronics before bed. Mr. SR and I always spend an hour or so before bed reading. Sometimes I start falling asleep, so I switch over from the Kindle app to a game. Every time I do that I have trouble falling asleep. It's like my brain is energized and won't turn off. So I try to limit the mental stimulation before sleep.
          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It's the blue light from electronics that keep you awake... it stimulates the rising part of your brain. Electronics before bed are generally considered bad.
          All I know is, if I stay up past 1am, I'm doomed.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

All I know is, if I stay up past 1am, I'm doomed.
            Good gracious woman. If I stayed up past midnight, it would kill me. But we normally are wide awake at 6am. Aging turns everything around.
            sigpic

Comment

Good gracious woman. If I stayed up past midnight, it would kill me. But we normally are wide awake at 6am. Aging turns everything around.
              Good gracious... 6AM?!? That's literally the middle of the night for me...

Comment

My New England Patriots are playing tonight. They are the underdogs against the Kansas City Chiefs. GO PATRIOTS!!! If they win this one, they go to the Superbowl. But the Chiefs are going to be very hard to beat.

So what do you do before going to sleep?

Hence, why I'm trying to cut them out. I also sleep with the TV on which is bad too. But I find if I don't have the TV on I have horrible dreams. It happened last night. Horrible, horrible dream.

Me too!!!

Comment

We're going to the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

minion - party.jpg

Comment

Working from home today as I have an appointment with my psychiatrist this afternoon and I'm so happy I don't have to listen to the radio of a colleague but instead my own tunes, i.e. the Doctor Who series 11 soundtrack.

Also, the only (traffic) jam I encountered was the one between my sandwich.

Comment

LOL. When I was your age I slept until 8am. Now even if I stay up past 10pm, I'm wide awake by 6:30. Welcome to your future. I used to make fun of my parents for doing the same thing.

So what do you do before going to sleep?
                      Read until I get sleepy which happens about 10pm.
                      sigpic

Comment

Five minutes ago I was fine. Now I want a sandwich and a nap (after reading the last few chapters of my book). Wonder what happened? I also want chocolate, but I think that one's on me.

I'm trying, and obviously failing, at limiting electronics before bed. I tried it, but I was just too bored. And I couldn't fall asleep anyway.

Yeah, I don't need to see that right now.

I do the same thing with Star Wars too! I have them all on DVD, but if they're on TV then I simply must watch them. I was at my brother's and he clicked past Thor. I got them to watch it for a few minutes. My sister-in-law couldn't believe that I wasn't watching for Chris Hemsworth. I kept telling her, no, I like the brother. So then they said "oh you mean Liam". Nooooooooooo!! I meant Tom Hiddleston, you fools!
                        Some will never understand. I have that one relative who keeps getting Black Widow and Scarlet Witch confused. So sad, lol

In college I could work overnight shifts and be fine. Now if I stay up past midnight now I pay. Overnight flights about kill me.

Congrats! I have a lot of happy friends in the NE. I am just glad I am completely univested. College football season completely drained me.

That cracked me up. My cats are still looking at me oddly for the random outburst of laughter.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42840[/ATTACH]
                          Yay, congratulations!

Congrats! I have a lot of happy friends in the NE. I am just glad I am completely univested. College football season completely drained me.
                          Heh, you and me both.

Holy smokes...

And me!

LOL. When I was your age I slept until 8am. Now even if I stay up past 10pm, I'm wide awake by 6:30. Welcome to your future. I used to make fun of my parents for doing the same thing.
                          Oh great, something else to look forward too, LOL!

That's what I do...usually get sleepy around midnight and turn in then.

Comment

That cracked me up. My cats are still looking at me oddly for the random outburst of laughter.
                            Took my sister a full minute to get the pun...

Still working from home today because OMG there MIGHT be snow coming -- like an inch.
                            Yeah, Belgium goes into panic mode for an inch of snow. We're not used to snow much.

But I'm not complaining. Just mocking my fellow countrymen.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Still working from home today because OMG there MIGHT be snow coming -- like an inch.
                              Yeah, Belgium goes into panic mode for an inch of snow. We're not used to snow much.

Heh, sounds like Southern California panicking at even a drop of rain.

Comment

Classes start up again tomorrow!

Working from home today as I have an appointment with my psychiatrist this afternoon and I'm so happy I don't have to listen to the radio of a colleague but instead my own tunes, i.e. the Doctor Who series 11 soundtrack.

I'll have to try that, but I'm not a big reader. Maybe I'll listen to Audible, with the screen turned down so no blue light.

Thanks! I was so convinced we were going to lose that last game. Being a pessimist is great - you are prepared for the worst but then wonderfully surprised when the best happens.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Yay, congratulations!
                                Thanks!!

If there's a chance of snow, people around here buy milk and bread. I've never understood the milk thing because if you lose power you'll lose refrigeration.

Comment

Working...
                                X