No announcement yet.

Farscape CD/DVD News and Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice amazon, has listed the frist three starburst editons as unavaible does this mean they are going out of print
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
      I notice amazon, has listed the frist three starburst editons as unavaible does this mean they are going out of print
      Yeah, they are. Sony has bought the rights to distribute the Farscape DVDs, so ADV who previously held the rights aren't releasing any more. Currently season 1 of the Starburst Editions are out of stock everywhere, you can still buy them on Ebay for exorbitant prices though. I hope Sony re-releases the DVDs soon because Farscape is losing a potential new audience by not having the S1 DVDs readily available for a decent price.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

I think the Sony deal is a great news for Scape fans (not for me as I already have the Starbursts) I am almost positive that they will be releasing season sets, and cheaper than the current prices (and maybe even a complete series set). The only possible problem is that they might not be able to get the rights for all the extras, but who knows.

Comment

Can you buy them used on Amazon that was my plan for xmas
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
            Now that, I'm sure, isn't a problem.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You can, but the used S1 copies are still being sold for around five times the original retail price. People are profiteering because the S1 Starbursts are rare at the moment. S2-S4 are still available, although I'd say they'll be out of stock relatively soon as well. You can pick them up for around $14 per edition at DVD Pacific: http://www.dvdpacific.com/search.asp...mageField.y=12

I'd say the best bet for season 1 is to wait for the Sony release, although there has been no announcement about when.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

If I wait for Sony do you think they will put the season all together for a reasonable price?
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I don't know but I wouldn't hold my breath. Sony has about as much sense as the SciFi channel.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

If I wait for Sony do you think they will put the season all together for a reasonable price?
                    It is kind of hard to say. They may, but there are no guarantees. Personally, I'd go after as many of the Starburst Editions as you could. But that's just me.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Jades View Post
                      You can, but the used S1 copies are still being sold for around five times the original retail price. People are profiteering because the S1 Starbursts are rare at the moment. S2-S4 are still available, although I'd say they'll be out of stock relatively soon as well. You can pick them up for around $14 per edition at DVD Pacific: http://www.dvdpacific.com/search.asp...mageField.y=12

I'd say the best bet for season 1 is to wait for the Sony release, although there has been no announcement about when.
                      Hmm. I bought the first 3 volumes from some random guy on eBay (UK) for about £25 total. Double sided DVDs though. I don't much care for that, i'm always terrified i'm gonna scratch them. (Hence i'm glad my season 2 ones were single sided. (S3 and 4 i bought the UK boxsets (special offer) in case you were wondering.))

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                        Hmm. I bought the first 3 volumes from some random guy on eBay (UK) for about £25 total. Double sided DVDs though. I don't much care for that, i'm always terrified i'm gonna scratch them. (Hence i'm glad my season 2 ones were single sided. (S3 and 4 i bought the UK boxsets (special offer) in case you were wondering.))
                        The 1st releases of some Starburst dvds were double sided. All my S1 discs are double sided and the 1st set from S2. I think future re-releases were single sided but I don't know when that happened.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                          Yeah, the first set of my S1 Starburst Edition discs are double sided, it was a poor design. I'm glad ADV switched to single sided discs shortly afterward.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

This was posted on the TWoP forums:

Just a heads up that ADV has now got the Starburst Editions Season 2 and 3 on sale for $12.00 US an edition (remember 3 editions per season) and Season 4 is on sale for $14.00 US an edition.

Good prices. Especially for those who have been waiting...

Just remember - ADV will probably lose their rights to Season 2 in December, so if you want the Starburst Editions at a good price - now is the time to buy.

(Also - ADV charges *sigh* shipping and handling. But still worth it.)

Link

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Originally posted by Jades View Post
                              This was posted on the TWoP forums:

Just a heads up that ADV has now got the Starburst Editions Season 2 and 3 on sale for $12.00 US an edition (remember 3 editions per season) and Season 4 is on sale for $14.00 US an edition.

Good prices. Especially for those who have been waiting...

Just remember - ADV will probably lose their rights to Season 2 in December, so if you want the Starburst Editions at a good price - now is the time to buy.

(Also - ADV charges *sigh* shipping and handling. But still worth it.)

Link
                              I can tell you that, I've been chraged about 6$ for shipping one dvd by them, even still it was cheaper then amazon
                              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
                                I can tell you that, I've been chraged about 6$ for shipping one dvd by them, even still it was cheaper then amazon
                                I'm not sure, but I think it works out to be cheaper if you buy in bulk. I've only ever bought Farscape DVDs from DVD Pacific, I've found them to be cheap and reliable.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Working...
                                X