No announcement yet.

Caine's group - discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch the show, episode nine Visitation. Kane clearly states he remembers dying. The Kino footage doesn't show this, yet he tells the crew. Why would he lie?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
      Watch the show, episode nine Visitation. Kane clearly states he remembers dying. The Kino footage doesn't show this, yet he tells the crew. Why would he lie?
      altered memory

Comment

I half expected those viewing the Kino footage to run for the observation deck, followed by a shot of Cain looking menacingly at TJ.

I'm a bit confused. If the aliens came before he died, then why is he 'dead'? Did they kill him?
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

i think Caine probably thinks he was dead because his faith died [he said he didnt want to die hes afraid]....

he may also only remember beginning to almost die [=dying] i.e., it 'felt' like dying; he was numb, cold shivering not fun probably figured he didnt have long]. therefore 'dying'.

if hes still alive its a convoluted answer i know. but id go w/that. well find out soon i guess.

Comment

I hate how they always do it like it could go both ways.

He was freezing already and that should only have happened if he would die like the others. On ther other Hand we have the Kino footage, where he was alive when he was found.

It could still be that his memory of dying was just, that he saw the bright light and fell asleep.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Why did they rely solely on the shuttle itself to protect them from the harsh winter? Especially knowing they had to keep it open for ventilation no way they could keep it warm in that state.
              Plus why did they not have a fire going. There were plenty of wood they could have used for firewood and all they made are candles??
              They had many months to prepare, they could have at least insulated the shuttle a bit better.

Comment

it's not like their were left with many supplies
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  it's not like their were left with many supplies
                  still, we do see one of them chopping a tree down. so they had at least one axe (was it an axe?)

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                    still, we do see one of them chopping a tree down. so they had at least one axe (was it an axe?)
                    Looked more like a hatchet to me.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                      maybe but we don't know how long it was from when destiny left to when edan reached it's winter season. the people may not have had a chance to really purpare.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Caine's group return from the Faith planet, instead of welcome, they were treated like unwanted guest.They were tested , isolated , and interviewed (or interrogated)

I know the crew was only being cautious , and Young was only trying to protect the the rest of the crew .

But the way the crews treated craine's group wasn't not the their best.
                        Not wanting to touch them or look them in their eyes.

Caine's people's last chance of saying goodbye ,and die with their people , were probably ruined.

Would the crew feel guilty or ashame for their action?

Comment

The problem is that they were a bunch of eggheads stranded on a planet with no practical survival skills, very few supplies, and a fast approaching winter.

They didn't have a clue how to fix, let alone fly, the shuttle, and it broke down, forcing them to leave the door open for ventilation. I assume that if the shuttle hadn't gone kaput they'd may have made it through the winter, depending on just how long the winter is on that planet.

The location and the shuttle is what broke them. If they'd chosen a better spot, say, a region coming out of winter, they'd have had spring, summer and autumn to prepare for the coming winter.

If the shuttle hadn't broken, they'd have lasted until their food supplies gave out.

They didn't have a fire going in the shuttle because the smoke would have suffocated them. The fire would have be outside the shuttle and gathering timber is a very labour intensive process with only hand tools... moreso if you have to travel.

They only had a month or two to prepare from my guesstimate. Given the average person's survival skills (IE, Zip) the most they could ever have built in that time would have been shabby lean-to's that wouldn't keep out the cold.

And we didn't see any animal life there so I'm guessing they acquired those candles from "Human Resources" if you catch my drift.

Even if they did survive the winter, weathering the coming seasons with very little knowledge on the climate, prevailing weather conditions and indigenous flora (we never did see any fauna...) probably would have cost them more. By the time the second winter rolls around you're down to probably two or three guys who resent each other and either wind up striking out on their own (and dying) or having a massive case of cabin fever resulting in...

This

And / Or This

Even if they'd managed to build a better shelter, with their supplies and numbers, even with a healthy level of mental preparedness for long term survival, attrition would have whittled them down and killed them regardless.

In my opinion, they didn't build a better shelter out of the deluded belief that they would get through it just fine, that the aliens would provide for them, or that they could win through no matter what.

Relying on luck for your survival gets you killed in no time flat. No exceptions.

Comment

Like Greer said, "No survival skills."

It's not easy to live off the land, especially when you start out with so little. Not to mention the whole alien planet thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              maybe but we don't know how long it was from when destiny left to when edan reached it's winter season. the people may not have had a chance to really purpare.
                              they are all scientist, calculate the the planet's orbit in relation to the sun , and it's rate of rotation ,it would not be hard for them to have the estimate of the seasonal period calander within half hour.

But to be honest even a shuttle without power , an open door would be better than any thing they can contruct with primative material.

But why didn't they fly the shuttle next to some cave ,with the door facing the cave and built a wood shelter structure between the cave and shuttle door

Comment

Short Answer: Nobody knew how to fly the shuttle.

Check the start of the episode. The idiots need to be told how to fly the shuttle via comlink with Scott.

Comment

Working...
                                X