Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in a sharing mood...

canvas.jpg

Putting the access-mode and 'fan community' into a little worldy perspective.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If anything changes... don't @ me.

Comment

"New Year, Different You"

It is ironic from a website which doesn't change...
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

It is ironic from a website which doesn't change...
          *snort*

Hey, at least soon there'll be the posts of people getting their "patches". Now that they've apparently lost their "original gater" titles in the app, it'll keep them distracted long enough not to notice too much.

Comment

Forgot to mention that the "different me" does not include the SGC anymore.

I'm still checking in daily at the moment, but I've had a week off so I got time. And I'll probably post the season 6 round-up of my rewatch but beyond that, I'm just gonna let it fizzle out.

I've had it up to here with their BS and their sweet-talking falsehoods. If they can't respect me as a fan, I don't need to respect them for pretending to be a community.

Also, created a Netflix account so my money is going elsewhere.

Comment

Anyone else get the email to "Step Through The Quantum Mirror"? Had to laugh...

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                Anyone else get the email to "Step Through The Quantum Mirror"? Had to laugh...
                Is this in relation to the "New year, different you..."?

I stopped the email subscription almost immediately when it came apparent their mailing didn't distinguish between all-access and no-access, and I was especially not in the mood to answer their stupid surveys in any way politely why I wasn't a premium member yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Is this in relation to the "New year, different you..."?

I stopped the email subscription almost immediately when it came apparent their mailing didn't distinguish between all-access and no-access, and I was especially not in the mood to answer their stupid surveys in any way politely why I wasn't a premium member yet.

No, it was just an email advertising the franchise and to buy merchandise. Still waiting on my founders patch.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                    No, it was just an email advertising the franchise and to buy merchandise. Still waiting on my founders patch.
                    Except that their "merchandise" doesn't ship outside the US, CA, AU and NZ so that leaves everyone else high and dry, and shipping costs for anyone outside the US are exubarently high for what the merchandise is worth.

They said they would have information on "founders patch" shipping on monday... I guess, they couldn't keep up to that "promise" either. No surprise -- it should be their tagline by now, next to "we're working on it" --> "We say one thing, but we don't actually mean to stick to it."

They just are good at frustrating just about everyone -- all-access and no-access alike. At least, we have that in common.

Comment

Well... I have been away for a few days, but I haven't really missed anything. Meh.

Stargate as a fairy tale?!

Have you ever used SG stories (or any other tv show) to your child as bed time reading? I was wondering if some creative fans could write some short story extracts of episodes (max. 20-30 sentences or 5-10 minutes).
                      Is it a silly idea?
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Is it a silly idea?
                        I have one somewhere on my harddrive -- a silly back-and-forth writing with my sister.

So, nope not silly at all.

I wouldn't use Stargate for storytelling to kids though... that's what fairytales are for, or better literature than stargate.

Comment

And then the Wraith sucked the life out of little Timmy because he didn't go to sleep before 7!
                          Spoiler:
                          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

We can skip the violent parts or the visually disturbing scenes. The fan challenge would be still to use the known episode(s), just it would be presented like a tale. I was thinking on something like that :

Once upon a time there was a planet...

Just it would be funny to read a few rewritten episode summary this way. Who said that the hero, heroine or heroes must arrive on white horse(s)? They could arrive through a shiny portal called Stargate where the adventure start then every planet could be presented like a new kingdom. Even the wormhole could be explained as magic.

Comment

Mine featured Pegasus the horse... seemed fitting.

Comment

Keeping in mind that many stories for kids are actually based on material that is not for kinds, I could definitely see a Stargate fairy tale happen, and it would also lead to reach an even wider audience for the franchise...so I would not count that possibility out

Comment

Working...
                                X