My Lost Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solitary: A.W.E.S.O.M.E episode.
    Review: Solitary is one of the greatest, definitely! Most of the story focuses on Sayid, which is really unique since usually there are a lot of characters. Hurley's Island Open was really funny and provided the comedy to Sayid's drama story. I hope for more episodes like this.
    Best character of ep: Sayid "Torturer" Jarrah.
    Worst character of ep: Omar.
    *Primary Storyline "Sayid": Torturer is sitting alone on a beach, watching the photos of the woman he loves. He then notices a wire on the beach and follows it into the jungle into a trap. Torturer is clever and steps over the trap... into another trap which pulls him upside down. Several hours later, someone retrieves him and Sayid finds himself tied to a chair and different voices ask the same question: "Where is Alex?". The voices and appereances blend into one woman. Sayid recognises her voice as the one from the French transmission. Rousseau confirms it, but doesn't believe Sayid's story of the plane crash and asks all sorts of questions including about his beloved Nadia. She does start trusting him when he offers to fix her music box(she's deranged from her 16 years on the Island). Sayid manages to fix it, Rousseau is happy and it looks like things are looking up. Then, some growl is heard in the jungle and Rousseau goes to hunt bears(polar bears?) and Sayid is left alone, untied. He makes the decision to not stay and rather inform the survivors about his discoveries. He randomly steals a lot of papers and takes a rifle as defence(he forgot the photos). Despite his best tries, Danielle Rousseau catches him and to her, deja vu happens. Sayid's rifle doesn't have a firing pin. Danielle's lover Robert hadn't noticed it too when he apparently was sick and tried to kill her. According to Rousseau(utterly deranged), she euthanized her entire research team. Sayid manipulates her to let him go, though Rousseau was very connected to another human). She reveals that Alex was his child who was stolen by "the Others". Oddly enough, Danielle never saw them and only heard some whispers in the jungle(deranged). Sayid finally goes towards home and somehow starts hearing creepy whispers as well.
    *Primary Storyline "Survivors": After Jack comments on how the survivors are suffering from constant stress, Hurley decides to build a golf course named Island Open. As funny as it may sound, the plan works beyond Jack's imagination and stress vanishes from the people as everyone begin to enjoy Hurley's invention. Island Open even returns Nickname to the others and all sorts of gambling occur. Happy times, for once. As Jack commented "I've been going crazy trying to make everyone feel safe. I haven't been sleeping because I want everyone to feel safe. He builds a golf course and everyone feels safe." Everyone appear very surprised to hear Super-Doc himself is golfing. And everyone do feel safe and happy, even Jack. And even Michael, who surprise, surprise forgets about Walt.
    *Secondary Storyline: Sayid Jarrah is a torturer a.k.a. communications officer for the Republican Guard and receives a new person to torture: his childhood bully named Nadia "who only wanted his attention". Sayid comments that Nadia has strange ways to show affection. Eventually though, Nadia breaks through Sayid's ice and he does is best to delay execution when Nadia does not divulge any information. This is not infinite though, as his friend and superior officer Omar orders her execution. Sayid is not the man he was, however and kills Omar, shoots himself in the shoulder and tells Nadia to escape which she does, leaving autographed photos with Sayid.
    Creepiest thing in the episode: The whispers.
    Coolest thing in the episode: Jack is having fun.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

i like when it shows jack and michael stress out over something, then it pans out and they're playing golf .
      sigpic

Comment

Super-Doc spends his time happily golfing.
        Black doesn't care about Kiddy.
        Nick is friendly member of the survivors.
        Torturer is hearing whispers.

Now I've seen everything...
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Raised By Another: The happiness of Solitary ends and is replaced by a semi-horror episode.
          Review: This slightly a spooky episode focusing on Claire(I want them to get back to Locke already) who hasn't been really important in my reviews. Super-Doc makes one of his biggest mistakes in these episodes. Hurley's census and his revelation that his true name is Hugo Reyes were the greatest part of the episode. Although the ep focused on Claire, I didn't really like her screaming and accusing scenes and tried to concentrate on the other survivors.
          Best character of ep: Charlie.
          Worst character of ep: Ethan.
          Primary Storyline: Claire has a creepy nightmare starring John who starts blaming her that she abandoned her baby. In the dream, Claire goes to a baby crib and starts opening up the blankets, eventually revealing black syrupy liquid(didn't seem that much like blood) . Claire then wakes up screaming with blood on her hands(her fingernails). Charlie becomes highly protective of her. Soon after, Claire is attacked by a mysterious person who tries to stab her. Everyone but Charlie and Hurley consider it another nightmare. Both try separate ways to fix the problem. Charlie becomes a bit even overprotective while Hurley starts a census. In the caves, Jack offers some sort of sedatives to Claire who gets really upset(she seems to have a knack for yelling and accusing lately) and returns to the beach with Charlie after him. On the way, Charlie calms her down and convinces her to return to the caves. In ideal timing, Claire starts to have contractions and Charlie tells somone named Ethan to get Jack. Jack's messenger never arrives. Meanwhile, Hurley has finished the census and confirms Claire's attack. ONE survivor WASN'T(DUN DUN DUUUUUN) on the plane. The survivor was Ethan Rom, a friend of Locke's from Solitary. In the jungle, Ethan returns to Charlie and Claire. Meanwhile, Torturer returns and confirms the whole thing by saying "We're not alone!".
          Hurley's Census:
          *Name: John Locke.
          Home: Tustin, California.
          Reason for being in Australia: Looking for something what found him.
          *Name: Ethan Rom NOT Lance.
          Home: Ontario, Canada.
          *Name: Shannon Rutherford.
          Home: Craphole Island.
          Secondary Storyline: Claire and her boyfriend Thomas discover that Claire is pregnant. Thomas claims it's the happiest thing ever. 2 days later, he breaks up with Claire. Meanwhile, Claire has been visiting a weird psychic, Richard Malkin who at first claims that CLAIRE and NO ONE ELSE must raise the baby. Later, he says that a family in Los Angeles must adopt him and gives him a ticket to Oceanic Flight 815.
          Creepiest thing in the episode: Claire's dream
          Coolest thing in the episode: Kate has started non-interference.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
            Creepiest thing in the episode: Claire's dream
            Coolest thing in the episode: Kate has started non-interference.
            Haha! So true about Kate. Also true about the dream. If I remember correctly, that was just downright spooky.
            sigpic
            Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues: The hunt for the mystery guy begins.
              Review: A truly wonderful episode with interesting flashbacks(YAY CHRISTIAN) from Jack again. Locke and Boone are hooking together as master and apprentice and Locke had more great moments. I'm looking forward for more hunting eps like this seriously. Nick is a bit weird today, either he wants payback at Torturer or he's becoming suspicious.
              Best character of ep: Christian.
              Worst character of ep: Kate.
              Primary Storyline: Ethan has kidnapped Charlie and Claire. It is soon up for A-Team consisting of Jack, Kate, Locke and Boone to rescue the poor people while the B-Team consisting of Black and some other background guys go south. At the caves, Nick shows up and starts quizzing Sayid about his discoveries and Rousseau(he's very odd in this ep, really). Back at the adventure, A-Team splits into two. Locke and Boone follow Ethan's trail while Jack and Kate follow Charlie's. On the way, Jack hears Claire screaming, though Kate doesn't hear anything. Even odder, while separated from Kate for a short time, Jack gets a visit from a very angry Ethan who threatens to kill one of them. Kate once again didn't even hear anything(SHE ANNOYS ME) and they just move on until they find Charlie, hanged. After 5 minutes, Jack resuscitates Charlie and the story moves on to Locke and Boone. They keep going despite the fact that the trail ended a long time ago. Boone's about to go back but comes across a mysterious piece of metal.
              Secondary Storyline: Jack is performing surgery on a patient who unfortunately dies. Jack later does a bit of detective work and discovers that his dad was intoxicated. Christian tries to save his work and convinces Jack to sign something that says it wasn't possible to save his life. Christian says the same lie to her husband. Finally, in a final meeting discussing the incident, Jack learns that she was pregnant and in a fit of rage, tells everyone that Christian's intoxication led to the patient's death. Christian is shocked.
              Creepiest thing in the episode: Kate is returning to business.
              Coolest thing in the episode: Christian's return.

Comment

Whatever the Case May Be: Kate becomes hyper-annoying when faced with her past once again.
                Best character of ep: Nick.
                Worst character of ep: Kate.
                Review: The episode focuses once again on a day of Kate's life. Nick and Super-Doc become interested in her exploits when a mystery case is found from a lake by Nick. Not a mega-bad episode, though I have to admit I really hated Kate when she stole the case Nick had thrown down. I REALLY did not like her at all this ep. Why can she never be straight forward... (I want that case just as badly as Nick, but not for the contents, the case itself). What I did like about the ep was its detective style. Also, I was most interested in Sayid's plotline.
                Primary Storyline: Kate and Nick go swimming in a lake(stay away from her, Nick please) and have fun until Nick finds a few corpses from Flight 815 in the lake along with a wallet and a silver case that Kate is interested in(she tried to lie it's hers). Nick claims the case and leaves. Meanwhile, the beach is struck by disaster. A great tide is increasing and is submerging the beach, thus, everyone except Charlie(still in deep shock after the events of the previous episode) are evacuating to another beach. Everything that is too heavy to carry is left behind, including most of the Flight 815 wreckage. Boone makes Shannon believe that she is useless(which she is at the moment) until Sayid asks her to help translating Rousseau's documents(which Sayid stole in "Solitary"). The two eventually find that the documents contain maps of unknown locations and obscure French writing. Meanwhile, Nick tries hard to open the "Halliburton Case", but keeps failing. He then takes Black's advice and tries to knock it open by throwing it off a huge cliff. Unfortunately, Annoy then steals the Case and runs off with it. Nick fortunately recaptures what's rightfully his. As a last resort, Annoy decides to use Super-Doc's superpowers to get the Case and Jack agrees. The case is revealed to be the property of the US Marshal. Jack and Kate dig the corpse up and Kate tries to steal the key, but fails when Jack uses detection powers and takes the key. He then proceeds to take the case from Nick after threatening to cut him off medication(Nick still takes meds after his torture in "Confidence Man"). Nick hands Jack the case who opens it with Kate revealing some money, 6 9mm handguns(just what was needed), few boxes of ammo and a toy airplane that belonged to the man that Kate killed. Night approaches. Charlie(who has recovered thanks to Rose, an afroamerican that Jack rescued in Pilot, Part 1 and later healed from shock herself)prays with Rose. Shannon reveals that some of Rousseau's writing contains lyrics(copied several times) for a French cartoon song(that her friend's relative also kept listening over and over in French, like Rousseau herself). She then starts singing the nice song.
                Secondary Storyline: Kate a.k.a. mrs. Ryan goes to a bank and unfortunately becomes a victim of bank robbery. Some chap becomes brave and attacks the robbers and throws Ryan a gun. Ryan can't shoot however(HAHAHA) and is taken by another angry robber away. It's revealed that she is the mastermind of the attack and a lover of the primary robber. She and the robber trick the bank manager into providing them access to the deposits. At this point, after the robber becomes a bit unbearable, Kate betrays and shoots the whole group and takes the deposit 815 which contains the envelope containing the toy airplane that belonged to the man she killed and ended up in the Halliburton case.
                Creepiest thing in the episode: Kate's back.
                Coolest thing in the episode: Sayid's translation work./Detective work.
                Last edited by rushy; 01 February 2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

hm... the only real thing i remember from that ep is sawyer trying to get the case open lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hearts and Minds: Boldy teaches Boone are very necessary lesson.
                    Review: AWESOME ep(minus the boring flashbacks) that gets Boldy to be a great villain, philosopher and teacher. Just the way he is meant to be. There's a great talk between Jack and Locke too. Not to mention the return of the invisible Monster. But what I really liked was the Hatch(and the talk about the marble). It was a fantastic ep altogether. Now all we need is for Boldy to talk with Shannon and everything would be great. Btw, I noticed Fatty is a bit suspicious about Locke.
                    Best character of ep: Boldy.
                    Worst character of ep: Brian.
                    Primary Storyline "Boone": The piece of metal Boone and Boldy uncovered two eps ago appears to be a very thick metal hatch. Locke has become quite obsessed with it and orders Boone to not tell anyone. Boone, who gets quizzes from Shannon(who is dating Sayid), pleads Locke to be allowed to tell her. Locke recognises Boone's "addiction" of Shannon and decides to cure him. Locke knocks him out cold, drags him deep into the jungle, puts some drug on his head and throws a knife just out of reach(he ties Boone up a tree in a peculiar way). Locke then leaves Boone to his fate. Some time later, Boone hears Shannon and the Monster and discovers that Locke tied her up as well, probably to cover up the Hatch discovery. Boone painfully grabs the knife, heroically rescues her sister and escapes with her. After telling her about the Hatch and the two are on their way back to the camp, the Monster attacks again and kills Shannon. Many hours later, Boone returns to the caves and tries to kill Locke. Locke finally reveals it was all a hallucination and that Shannon is alive and well. This helps Boone realize that Shannon is not his responsibility and he becomes loyal to Locke.
                    Primary Storyline "Everything else": Due to the low protein in their food(Locke isn't providing boars anymore due to the Hatch which raises suspicions), Fatty has stomach problems. Super-Doc advises him to try to fix his relations with Jin and get some fish. So poor Hurley goes to the beach and tries to talk to Jin. That doesn't work so he starts mimicking everything the confused Korean is doing. Meanwhile, Locke gives Sayid his personal compass for some reason and Sayid discovers that there is a great magnetic anomaly on the Island. He shares this information with Jack. Back at the beach, Hurley's attempts to catch fish utterly fail and he gives up and steps on a "freakin' sea urchin". Jin abruptly refuses his idea of medication and instead provides Hurley with something else(Fatty vomits). Back at the caves, Hurley is bitter. As a reward for Hurley's torture, he gives him a free, cleaned fish. Hurley is happy. Meanwhile, Jack talks with Charlie about Locke and how trustworthy he really is. Charlie claims that Locke is the best person for getting off the Island. Jack finally talks with Locke.
                    Secondary Storyline: Shannon contacts Boone and tells him that she has big boyfriend problems so Boone goes to Australia to pay Brian to leave his sister. Brian refuses the money. Boone then goes to the police and pleads them to get rid of Brian(in the background, Sawyer is dragged across the room). Later, Brian takes the money and reveals it was all a con. A short fight ensues between Brian and Boone. Finally, Brian double-crosses Shannon, takes the money and leaves. Shannon claims that Boone and she are in love(total nonsense flashback) and the two decide to head for Los Angeles on Oceanic Flight 815 from Sydney.
                    Creepiest thing in the episode: Brian.
                    Coolest thing in the episode: the Hatch.

Comment

Special: The history of Michael(Black) and Walt is revealed.
                      Review: Well, not my favourite episode, but not bad either. As usual, I wanted to see less flashbacks(they don't seem very important) and more Island stuff. Once again, Boldy gets treated unfairly by Mike who does most things wrong in this episode. We also get a fantastic cliffhanger. Mike also comes up with a great plan to get off the Island.
                      Best character of ep: John Locke.
                      Worst character of ep: Susan Lloyd.
                      Primary Storyline "Michael": Walt is being trained by Locke and Boone. Black doesn't like the idea of his son throwing knives so he forbids any more Locke-Walt contact. Walt becomes mad at his father and their relationship strains. Meanwhile, Michael plans to restore his relationship with his son AND get rid of John Locke by deciding to build a raft to get off the Island. He enlists Walt to help his find salvageable material, but Walt isn't very happy and considers the job as punishment(I would have considered it awesome). Walt goes to Locke again, but the wise Boldy advises Walt to listen to his father(invaluable advice as always). Michael mistook the event as Locke getting closer to his son and yells at Locke who quickly comes up with something and gives Mike a pen as a peace offering. Michael reluctantly accepts it. Walt becomes even angrier and leaves the caves altogether. Michael believes that Locke has taken his son away, but John had no part in this and agrees to help the angry man find his son. Meanwhile, Walt and his dog Vincent run into a polar bear(similar to the one Nick killed back in "Pilot Part 2"). Locke and Michael start a rescue operation for Walt(Vincent ran away), by giving him a knife to defend himself. Michael saves Walt with Locke's help and after the event, father and son reconcile and Michael becomes friendlier with John. Michael gives Walt all the birthday cards and letters that Walt's mother never gave his son. The only problem is that Vincent was still missing.
                      Primary Storyline "Everything else": After further analysis of the map, Shannon and Sayid have discovered that all of Rousseau's maps(that Shannon translated in the previous ep) point to a certain area where there might be a power source. Jack is enthusiastic. Meanwhile, back on the beach, Charlie is looking for Claire's diary which has been stolen. He gets Kate to help him and the two go to Nick who starts making up whatever Claire wrote in her diary about Charlie. Fortunately, the two still get the book from Nick and Kate leaves. From Nick's words, Charlie is heavily tempted to read the diary and despite his attempts, he still reads it and discovers Claire's feelings for him. He also discovers a connection between Rousseau's words and a dream Claire had about a black rock. Charlie tells this to Jack and Sayid and is forced to admit he read the diary. Meanwhile, back in the jungle, Locke and Boone are looking for Vincent, using Locke's whistle(the one he used to find Vincent in "Tabula Rasa"), but instead, they find a very tortured-looking Claire.
                      Secondary Storyline: Michael and his girlfriend, Susan Lloyd are going to have a baby, Walter Lloyd and are choosing stuff for him. Several years later, Walter is born, but Susan and Michael are breaking up(Michael has technically no job). Walter and Susan go away "for a few years" and Susan falls in love and wants Michael to give up his parent rights so that Brian Porter can adopt Walter. Michael angrily refuses and gets hit by a car(Susan pays for treatment). Meanwhile, Susan becomes ill and Walt discovers special bird powers in himself. Susan dies of a disease and a devastated Brian gives Walt over to Michael who comes to Sydney to take Walt home with him. They have a few issues, but eventually go on Oceanic Flight 815.
                      Creepiest thing in the episode: The return of Claire.
                      Coolest thing in the episode: The return of the polar bears.
                      Last edited by rushy; 05 February 2012, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Homecoming:*I've decided to make shorter episode synopses* Great hunter ep.
                        Review: Another fantastic hunter ep, where the main characters hunt the big bad guy and have revenge. Fantastic, though the flashbacks were boring as usual. The story focuses on Charlie again.
                        Best character of ep: Ethan.
                        Worst character of ep: Charlie.
                        Primary Storyline: Claire has returned, but he has no memories and fears the survivors, Charlie gets close to her nonetheless and returns the diary. Shortly afterwards, Ethan(the impostor guy who kidnapped Claire) attacks Jin and Charlie and threatens to murder every survivor every day. As a response, a perimeter is set up, but Vincent(the dog) triggers the trap and Ethan kills Scott. Jack is forced to reveal the guns to everyone and a rescue team sets Claire as bait. On a rainy night, Ethan returns and Jack attacks him(that's probably payback for the events that happened between them 3 episodes ago). Jack beats up Ethan and he's about to become a prisoner when Charlie grabs Jack's gun and kills the bad guy. He later claims that he didn't want to let that animal near Claire again. Ever.
                        Secondary Storyline: Charlie's drug addict buddy sends Charlie to steal valuables for heroin so Charlie goes to the daughter of some rich man. He starts to fall in love, but his buddy reminds him of the mission. Charlie is given a job by the daughter to sell copiers(he vomits in one) which ends in disaster and Charlie's valuables are also taken back. Fail.
                        Creepiest thing in the episode: Nothing, really.
                        Coolest thing in the episode: Jack vs. Ethan

Comment

Outlaws: A Nick ep.
                          Review: The episode was fairly good, Christian's role gives it 2 out of 5, and the rest gives another 3. So, 4 of 5. Nick starred again and we saw more of the criminal's past. The flashback of Christian was awesome and the best part was The Great Hunt. Lol, Sayid and Nick were so funny in this(I wanted an extended "I Never"). Really funny episode with a dramatic background.
                          Best character of ep: The Duckett boar.
                          Worst character of ep: Kate(as usual).
                          Primary Storyline: A boar attacks the beach and specifically destroys Nick's tent(Nick hears the same whispers as Sayid did in "Solitary). Sayid is greatly amused and believes the boar stole Nick's tarp to go camping. Nick is not amused at all and declares vendetta on the boar. He goes of on a mission and is later joined by Kate(ruined the whole thing) who demands carte blanche(getting anything from Nick's stash). In the jungle, Nick's bag is destroyed by the same boar(Kate has no problems) and his vendetta doubles. Locke pops out of nowhere and decides to give some invaluable advice. Finally, Kate leaves(WOO HOO) and Nick decides not to kill the boar and goes back with her. In a later conversation with Jack, he realizes that he met his father in LA(and was probably the last person to have a conversation with him).
                          Secondary Storyline: The mother of young James(Nick) is convinced to go under the bed when his super-angry dad arrives home and kills her and later himself. Many years later, James's old contact Hibbs claims that he has located one "Frank Sawyer". James buys a gun and goes to kill his enemy. At first he is unable to do so until he meets Christian in a bar. Christian, who is now fired from his surgeon job and is heavily drinking, gives James some advice to not end up like he did. He claims to be too weak to call his son and reconnect with him. He also says a catchphrase of his "That's why the Red Sox will never win the series" which Jack later says on the Island. James leaves the bar, goes back to Frank Sawyer's shrimp truck and shoots him. He then starts reading the beginning of the letter he wrote to Sawyer. In his dying breaths, Frank Duckett says that he only borrowed money from Hibbs and hadn't returned it yet. James realizes he was manipulated.
                          Creepiest thing in the episode: "It'll come back around".
                          Coolest thing in the episode: A deleted scene where Kate and James return to the beach camp and James doesn't keep his end of the bargain and doesn't give Kate a carte blanche which she doesn't deserve.

Comment

It looks like your enjoying your lost journey... There is no other show like this out there.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                              It looks like your enjoying your lost journey... There is no other show like this out there.
                              Totally true. Lost is awesome.
                              Last edited by rushy; 10 February 2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

...In Translation: A crazy Korean episode. Again.
                                Review: Over half of the ep focused entirely on the Korean couple(not really good) and was kinda boring. The flashbacks were the same as the ones in their first ep(it was from Jin's perspective this time). On the contrary, however, the Island scenes not focusing on them were really great and Locke had awesome quotes in this episode. Plus, Michael's raft idea becomes serious.
                                Best character in ep: John "Boldy" Locke.
                                Worst character in ep: Mr. "Evil-eye" Paik.
                                Primary Storyline: The rivalry between Black and Jin continues. Mike is getting closer to Sun and the angry Korean becomes very jealous. Later, Michael's raft(the one he started constructing in "Special" is burned down and Jin vanishes at the same time. Michael puts the two things together and pretty soon, smart James catches the guilty one. Michael is about to murder him when Sun intervenes and reveals that she speaks English. She also reveals that Jin got burnt by trying to save the raft. As a result, Jin is left alone and betrayed by Sun, unofficially breaks off their marriage. Meanwhile, Sayid says that he is drawing closer to Shannon and that he is in a relationship. Boone tries to save Sayid from the Magnet of Heartbroken Relationships and reveals that Shannon hangs out with people who can help her and then leaves them. Sayid tries to end their relationship, but Shannon deduces that Boone is responsible and asks Locke to deliver a long message("Should I be writing this down?"). Later, Walt admits to Locke that he burnt the raft because he desired to remain on the Island. Also, as the episode ends, the most unpredictable thing happens: Hurley's CD player which has served us in numerous beautiful episode endings finally runs out of battery power.
                                Secondary Storyline: Jin and Sun have just met and despite Jin's not-very-high heritage, he chooses to go and confront Sun's father(a millionaire I think). On the condition that Jin works for him for some time, Evil-Eye accepts him and the happy couple get married. Unfortunately, Jin had not realized that working for Evil-Eye is not easy and he is forced to beat up people and similar things. The job Jin has starts the friction between Sun and Jin and to find out what he has to do, Jin goes to his own fisher father who advises him to forget the whole deal with mr. Paik and flee to America.
                                Creepiest thing in the episode: Evil-Eye.
                                Coolest thing in the episode: John Locke.

Comment

Working...
                                X