No announcement yet.

Stargate: Phoenix ~ Tabletop RPG by Wyvern Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Well, here we are. We only have hours left until the end of the Kickstarter campaign for Stargate SG-1 Roleplaying Game. It has been an awesome ride so far. The final hours should prove to be very exciting.

This week we unlocked three Stretch Goals! Instead of just listing those, here is a complete list of everything that has been unlocked.

Determination Point Chips - physical poker-style chips for wagering in plot encounters.
    Season Pass Living RPG Series - 13, 3-hour "episodes" for a discounted price.
    Phoenix Site Patch - role play your character with this physical sew-on patch.
    New Content in Setting Chapter - we're adding new content to the book for free.
    Gatemaster Screen - physical 3-panel GM screen to roll your dice behind.
    Digital Online Character Sheet - a free game-aid to help you build your character.
    Phoenix Site Side-Mission 1 - a free "episode" for those that purchase the physical book.
    Custom Stargate Dice - physical dice set for your rolling pleasure.
    Phoenix Site Map Tiles - digital maps of the Phoenix Site base and the nearby town of Haven.
    Digital STL Miniatures (Iconic characters) - 7 digital miniature files suitable for 3D printing.
    Phoenix Site Side-Mission 2 - a free "episode" for those that purchase the physical book.
    Digital STL Miniatures (stargate and DHD) - the gate and DHD digital files suitable for 3D printing.
    Item Cards - physical deck of cards with items and their stats
    Digital STL Miniatures (Jaffa Wolfguard) - 6 Jaffa & 1 System Lord digital miniature files suitable for 3D printing."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...leplaying-game

I like the idea of the printable figures, gate and dhd. I can't wait to hear about the Avesguard and Felguard too.

The Wolfguard is serving the Goa'uld Wepwawet. Here you can read about the mythological background :
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wepwawet
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I am just guessing whether the Felguard means Feline guard. So do they serve Bastet?
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastet
      They wanted to introduce them in Stargate : Worlds too.
      https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...targate-Worlds
      https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120303014451

While the Aveguard is tricky as any bird could be chosen from the mythology. The best choice would be Thoth (and the Ibis Guard), but he has served Anubis in the Stargate lore and he was not showing up until season 7. Maybe they will choose a minor god like Bennu :
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bennu

I like mythology so I hope we get more stuffs in the adventures.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Of all the Egyptian gods they could choose, Bastet and Thoth just seem wrong.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

We will see who they will choose. Those were only my guesses. Wepwawet was directly mentioned in a previous kickstarter email. Probably the newly introduced Goa'uld will be killed off at the end of the campaign.

I have spent 90 dollars on this project, while the full and best pack would have cost 210 dollars. This new bundle sounds really greedy to be honest. Even these 90 dollars are way too expensive for a special edition book, but I have said okay, I will support it in spite of my doubts.

Comment

Zero dollars cause I forgot... I've had real life fish to fry which means I also forgot to fill a subscription for my ADD medication so yeah... kickstarter didn't even cross my mind again.

However, doesn't mean I wouldn't be up for a game round at some point... you know, the Stargate RPG for Dummies round.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I backed the $60 level, but once the pledge manager comes around I'll probably throw a bunch more money at it.

I'm glad to see this did so well. Absolutely smashed that goal and those stretch goals. Hopefully the actual support for the game from company and fanbase continues.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

You can make late pledges here:

https://stargatetherpg.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Comment

I hope the quality of the rpg will deseve trust, love and support of the SG fandom. This success can be a sign how much people want more Stargate.

I don't know what are the plans for later, but I hope they will consider "canon" the names about season 1-3 events what the AEG RPG has established. They have said there will be a chapter about season 1-6 summary in the Phoenix rulebook. Maybe they should consider a season guide for later where every episode would have a detailed summary with potential story, location and NPC ideas which could be revisited or continued in Phoenix stories.

It is nice they have made 3 different 3d printable packs of Jaffa guards. I hope they will create more (like kull warriors, Tok'Ra tunnels, Tok'Ra warriors , Replicators, Jaffa guards of Apophis, Baal, Yu, Anubis etc., monsters pack).

It would be also nice to create traditional 2d printable maps, tiles, objects to support the "episodes".

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                    Ah... thanks for the tip. I can still chip in today then.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Ah... thanks for the tip. I can still chip in today then.
                      No problem!

Comment

I have pleged myself to the limited edition for 90 dollars. This was already a pure robbery as I could have bought 2 games from it, but okay, fine, I will support this rpg as we live only just once. I spend money on other stuffs, so I have said my favorie franchise deserve my support. Then they have charged me an additional 25 dollars for shipping the book to the UK in April. Obviously I haven't chosen more add-on for even more money as I was not planning to spend 150-200 or even more dollars on this project. So I am happy and sad at the same time as I have never bought such an expensive book in my life, so I hope it will be worth of it. This was the first time I have supported a campaign, just I am disappointed how income orientated is their whole business model.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Then they have charged me an additional 25 dollars for shipping the book to the UK in April.
                          Phew... am I glad I did not commit to any of it after all -- seems my priorities are with a different franchise... and company which uses that intellectual property for something I definitely do spend quality time with. And also don't have to spend extra cash on shipping.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          This was the first time I have supported a campaign, just I am disappointed how income orientated is their whole business model.
                          Unfortunately, money makes the world go round... or so they tell us.

Comment

I got all the Game Aids personally in addition to the book. Really looking forward to getting this one
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I have just got this in a newsletter :

Core Rulebook

We want to be as transparent as possible and this update may get us in some trouble, but we believe you as a backer need to know the details as to why, when deadlines are missed. That said, there was a recent slowdown in the review and approval process. This was primarily due to the unexpected acquisition announcement. This caused the team we are working with to become very distracted from the project, but I'm happy to say we are now back on track.

At this point, we have all chapters, except for the Setting chapter, approved by MGM. The Setting chapter is the largest of the chapters and requires the most scrutiny by MGM. At this time the Setting chapter is 80% complete. You should also know that we have a hard press deadline for the end of June that has increased the urgency of hitting the remaining dates.

I know many of you may be disappointed, but we feel it would be prudent and conservative of us to set the new target date for the PDF of the Core Rulebook to be sent out for the end of June.

For those of you concerned about how the acquisition will affect this project going forward, know that we have been assured that it will business as usual.

Custom Stargate Dice

We are excited to show the current progress for the dice. The following image is of a prototype. Don't be alarmed by the base dice color (the orange color), this is a stand-in material for the real material, which will be a black nickel plating.

Yes, you read that right. The Custom Stargate Dice are going to be metal. We had not announced this until this point because we were not 100% we could pull it off. But now we're excited to tell you that these awesome-looking dice will be made of metal. Metal dice of this caliber typically sell for $50+ so this is a real value for those of you that purchased these as part of the Kickstarter.

Digital Miniature STLs

We've had a lot of questions about the miniature STLs. We are just as anxious as you to get these in your hands. We want to see these beautiful miniatures printed and painted by you guys. The truth of the matter is we're done with them. They only need final approval from MGM for us to send them out. However, we have focused all approvals towards getting the Core Rulebook done. Just as soon as we get final approval for the physical items that need to be produced we will jump back onto the miniatures. I hesitate to provide a date for this, but I can't imagine it will take long once we focus on it.

Gen Con 2021

Gen Con is happening September 16-19, 2021, and Wyvern Gaming will be there in a BIG way. We have over 100 game sessions of Stargate SG-1 Roleplaying Game scheduled. It is going to be so great to get back to in-person gaming. Those custom dice and sweet miniatures on the table. Registration is now open and event registration has yet to be opened. https://www.gencon.com/

That's all for now...

Thanks,

Wyvern Gaming

Comment

Business as usual -- which basically means, delays like only MGM knows how to do.

Wouldn't metal weigh more... shipping wise?

Comment

Working...
                                X