Will Mass Effect Andromeda get any DLC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Mass Effect Andromeda get any DLC?

I've been holding off completing a second playthrough of Mass Effect Andromeda because I am waiting for DLC.

But I'm uncertain if Bioware has any plans for MEA DLC.
    Does anyone have any information on if there will be any updates like this?

No. They are done with single player content for Mass Effect: Andromeda.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Hi there, it was confirmed a few days ago that ME:A will not get any further single player additions, this includes DLCs

If I find it, I will add the article that stated that
      Last edited by DarkenLycht; 29 August 2017, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Darn it.
        Well, I guess I get to start my second playthrough now if there isn't going to be any more content.

The only info I could find was player opinion on the bsn forums claiming that all Bioware's developmental assets have been redirected towards a new game called Anthem.

Comment

I couklld not find the article anymore but, I had more than one person telling me, that there was no more content for SP.

I cannot say I am much suprised about that though, after the very bad citiques the game has recieved, One can only wait and see what they will do for the next ME, if there is going to be a another at all

Comment

To say I am confused would be an accurate statement.
            According to the info I found, there are two unresolved plots.

The first is that the Quarian Ark announced it's arrival in Andromeda, but we don't see it meet the Nexus.

The second is about the mysterious Agency who arranged for Jian Carson's "accident" (note the Turian AirQuotes).

I would have thought each of those plots would be the subject of a DLC/expansion.

If they've given up on Andromeda SP updates, then I am now thinking it's time to add MEA to the list of abandoned sci-fi productions.

I wonder where the development resources are being reallocated.
            Each time this has happened before in gaming, it's often been to a game I found unplayable/unlikeable and the reasoning behind it was that the company had made a decision the cancelled game wasn't allowed to keep players away from their other game (whatever it was).

Comment

Originally posted by Tilarta View Post
              The only info I could find was player opinion on the bsn forums claiming that all Bioware's developmental assets have been redirected towards a new game called Anthem.
              I would hesitate to judge based on that. MEA was not developed by the main Bioware studio in Edmonton, it was done by the Montreal branch; it's which is one of a number of reasons why a lot of people suspect MEA didn't live up to Bioware standards--the Montreal studio is kind of the 'b-squad.'

Anthem, however, is being done at the head studio in Edmonton, so Montreal will only be playing a supporting role.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The main focus of BioWare now is on Anthem and the development of DA 5, which was hinted at very early after the release of ME:A

The problem is as DigiFluid said ME:A did not live up to the standards. It was developed by a team who has usualy only been working on DLC contents and there also was internal problems so that they took less time to develop the game than it was actually the time we waited for it

Go to masseffect.com and have a look there, under NEWS, there it stated that the last patch is 1.10 and there are no additional contents planned.

But this article or update says nothing about the future of the series

Comment

In my personal experience, just because the work has been outsourced to a subsidiary division does not mean it's any less worthwhile.
                  Examples: Tomb Raider Gold series, Fallout New Vegas.

The information I gathered from the bsn forums was the feedback about MEA was only given by those who didn't like the game, so that was used to justify discontinuing updates.
                  And there was also something about a metric program which indicated MEA wasn't the most played game.

The only information I could find on ME's future releases was a short note that stated they're going to make a new iteration of the main series, but no details were given.

Unfortunately for me, it looks like Bioware is repeating the mistake made by two other companies.
                  Tabula Rasa was cancelled because NCSoft decided we must play Aion instead.
                  Fallout is always second best to Elder Scrolls. Case in point, there is an ES mmo, but no Fallout mmo.

The trend here is that my favorite sci-fi games are always getting pushed aside for magic/fantasy games, which aren't of interest to me.
                  So every time it happens, my reaction isn't a pleasant one......

Comment

Begging your pardon....you seem to be rather misinformed...

In my personal experience, just because the work has been outsourced to a subsidiary division does not mean it's any less worthwhile.
                    Examples: Tomb Raider Gold series, Fallout New Vegas.
                    Fallout New Vegas was not made by a Bethesda subsidiary, it was licensed out to Obsidian Entertainment, an entirely different company with an excellent pedigree of their own.

The information I gathered from the bsn forums was the feedback about MEA was only given by those who didn't like the game, so that was used to justify discontinuing updates.
                    Also not true. Bioware has always shot for games that resonate with their fans, and have openly stated that they are unhappy if their releases score below 90% at the major game review outlets.

MEA fell short. While it obviously has dedicated fans, it simply didn't resonate with gamers the way the previous titles in the series did. And its scoring at the major reviewers fell well short--a handful of outlets scored it as high as 8/10, but the majority pegged it around 7, and a few even as low as 6. This is not Bioware standard.

Unfortunately for me, it looks like Bioware is repeating the mistake made by two other companies.
                    Tabula Rasa was cancelled because NCSoft decided we must play Aion instead.
                    Fallout is always second best to Elder Scrolls. Case in point, there is an ES mmo, but no Fallout mmo.
                    Again, no.

Tabula Rasa was shut down because a) NC fired the game's designer/chief creative guy (for reasons unknown); and b) the game simply didn't have enough players to justify the server upkeep.

Elder Scrolls/Fallout is a whole different can of worms, and also has nothing to do with "mistakes."

Bethesda--the core Bethesda Game Studios developer--only works on one game at a time. When they finished on Elder Scrolls IV, they made Fallout 3. When they finished Fallout 3, they made Elder Scrolls V. When they finished Elder Scrolls V, they made Fallout 4. (Anyone care to guess what title they're most likely to make next? )

Elder Scrolls Online, however, is not made by Bethesda Game Studios. It's farmed out to Zenimax Online Studios (a different subsidiary of Bethesda Softworks), and only published by Bethesda Softworks.

And to bring this back around to where I started -- ESO has been decidedly more poorly received than any of the main entries in the series.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I know why Richard Garriot was fired.
                      Because I watched it happen in real time!
                      Literally, I was online ingame and looking directly at the events as they happened.

To explain it all would take too long, but short version, as long as Richard was employed, they couldn't cancel Tabula Rasa, so they arranged to get him fired and therefore, remove his ability to block the cancellation.
                      And then the company insisted I must play Aion manditorily, which they said directly via a rather aggressive email. For context, I was trying to get them to stop spamming my mailbox with Aion emails.

I must admit I am not that familiar with ESO, but I did look up some videos online to see how the game worked.
                      Granted, I didn't understand much of what I was seeing, but by studying the game engine and graphics, it looked like it was using a similar engine to Fallout 4, just with online multiplayer.

I'm also suspicious about the objectivity of the ESO reviewers, some ESO players stated that negative reviews of that game were all balderdash.
                      For example, they bashed the game based on it's bad graphics, which were from an earlier launch version and completely revamped in a relaunch.

Not that Bioware did much better in the mmo market, I tried their StarWars mmo and quit after about 4 days of gameplay because it wasn't interesting.

In any case, from my perspective, putting focus on magic/fantasy genre entertainment just inhibits sci-fi productions.

Comment

Lol I'm not a fan of the franchise but wasn't Andromeda an absolute trashfire compared to the previous games?
                        sigpic

Comment

In my opinion, MEA was just as good as the regular games.
                          Maybe people just don't like change, the game engine/gameplay was different.
                          For example, you could switch builds and make custom loadouts incorporating skills from all builds.
                          And jet boosters allowing the player to fly short distances or temporarily hover during battle.

We'll never find out now, but MEA was technically the equivalent of ME1.
                          In other words, it was just the start of the story, it wasn't finished.
                          It's a bit pre-emptive to judge an entire series when only the first part exists.

Comment

They did not judge ME:A alone by the story, which some found flat.

They mostly judged ME: A by their expectations that were raised so high from what was read and published about the game.

Then it came out and the graphics didn't look like 2017 and the game had a lot of bugs. This was I think the main reason why it got so bad critiques because it just was not what people have expected from a BioWare game coming out in 2017. They wanted it big with things not seen before and different, but not too different anyway

I cannot sign all the negative point that were listed here and there on the internet but the overall taste the game left with most of the fans and people who just started to get into the series, was bitter

Everyone was a expecting a game that was better and bigger than ME 3 but it did not look better when it came out unpatched. Sadly though, it seems to most people nowadays graphics are more important than story and gameplay

It recieved so many bad reviews, I think they just gave up trying to make something more, other than fixing the bugs and bad animations and moved on to the next projects again to focus on to forget ME: A and what it could have been if the right people had worked on it, as soon as they can

It by far was not the worst game I ever played but also by far not what I had hoped it would be

Comment

I thought the story was quite interesting, all the major galactic civilizations packing up and moving a entire space station+5 Ark class vessels to Andromeda for colonization purposes.
                              It was interesting that the colonists spent 600 years in suspended animation to get there, so they'd be relics of the past when compared to the main Mass Effect universe.
                              I wondered if they had a way to re-establish transport routes to the Milky Way galaxy when the space station was complete.
                              The game states it's a scaled down duplicate of the Citadel, which might mean it's a Mass Relay.
                              It's certainly got the transport ring at the centre which would make that function possible.

There was even one Krogan who wished he'd remained awake to see all the stars as the station travelled to Andromeda.
                              For context, Krogan have average life expectancies of 1000 years, so 6 centuries is basically 60 years to them. The oldest Krogan (he's a MEA squadmate) is 1400.

The only criteria I use to judge a game I am interested in is "will/did I have fun?".
                              If the answer is yes, then that's all I need.

As regards bugs, I only noticed one, that sometimes the side missions wouldn't progress objectives or couldn't be handed in.
                              That could sometimes be fixed by a game restart, but not always.
                              I did find it inconsistent that the "celebration event" could be activated ahead of time though, when you hear all the audio, it references an colonization that hasn't happened yet!
                              An event that happens when the game is completed.

I keep seeing complaints about graphics and honestly, I do not comprehend how that in any way affects the enjoyment of a game.
                              What do they want, realistic CGI like in Final Fantasy: Spirits Within or Advent Children?
                              I doubt there's a personal computer system powerful enough to run a game that would require that!!!!

As regards animations, this is the only error that irritates me:
                              Apparently this has been around since ME1, the game will never acknowledge the weapons assigned to the playable character or the squadmates during cutscenes, always making them use the default weapons or the M8 assault rifle.
                              Peebee (on the left) can't even equip an assault rifle, she's a pistol packer!
                              Drack (on the right) uses shotguns, not assault rifles.
                              Last edited by Tilarta; 09 September 2017, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X