Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about trying this series out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I understand the stand alone nature...

It makes me really mad that it didn't come with it. It better be in the season 3 set...
    It's made a lot of people mad. I don't understand why they didn't include it but did include the Eureka crossover ep. I'd much rather have the Special than that Eureka ep.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      It's made a lot of people mad. I don't understand why they didn't include it but did include the Eureka crossover ep. I'd much rather have the Special than that Eureka ep.
      Same here. Why in the name of all that is holy would anybody decided to drop the special episode from the DVD release of a series to put a crossover episode from another series in the set!! It makes no sense.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Well I watched it last night and I enjoyed it. Next week I plan on catching up on the 3rd season so I can be completely caught up when the fourth season comes out.
        sigpic

Comment

Season 3 isn't out on DVD
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Season 3 isn't out on DVD
            I'm aware of this...I have my...sources...
            sigpic

Comment

You can still purchase the season pass for all 3 seasons from iTunes, I believe. If one was to want to do that. It's better for the show if people use that kind of source to watch any of the seasons if they have iTunes.

Just saying.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I know...But I shouldn't have to purchase something extra that should have been included in the set.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  Same here. Why in the name of all that is holy would anybody decided to drop the special episode from the DVD release of a series to put a crossover episode from another series in the set!! It makes no sense.
                  Allow me to venture a guess. I am guesssing that they only had X amount of space on the DVD set and they couldn't fit all of it. So there is a choice.

From a fan's perspective (that is our's) it makes sense to keep only the Eureka crossover out of the set and thus include the Christmas special. After all I am buying a Warehouse 13 DVD set because I am a fan gosh darn it!

However, from a business perspective it would be better to promote Eureka by including an Eureka episode into the DVD set thus exposing more fans to Eureka. Chances are that more fans of WH13 will be curious and seek out Eureka as a result. Thus they opt out of having the Christmas special (which isn't really part of the season) in favor of promoting another show to an audience who is more likely to watch it.

From their perspective it is fiscally a bright idea...however that just annoys us to no end.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I figured it was for marketing purposes as well. But they crammed five episodes onto the last disc (including the Eureka episode) as well as special features. They surely could have pushed the 9th episode (first on that last disc) to the second disc and put the Christmas episode on the last disc.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      Allow me to venture a guess. I am guesssing that they only had X amount of space on the DVD set and they couldn't fit all of it. So there is a choice.

From a fan's perspective (that is our's) it makes sense to keep only the Eureka crossover out of the set and thus include the Christmas special. After all I am buying a Warehouse 13 DVD set because I am a fan gosh darn it!

However, from a business perspective it would be better to promote Eureka by including an Eureka episode into the DVD set thus exposing more fans to Eureka. Chances are that more fans of WH13 will be curious and seek out Eureka as a result. Thus they opt out of having the Christmas special (which isn't really part of the season) in favor of promoting another show to an audience who is more likely to watch it.

From their perspective it is fiscally a bright idea...however that just annoys us to no end.
                      You make perfect sense. However, if I have to buy the Christmas episodes seperately I can guarantee you'll hear my profanity laced tirade that will be directed at Scyfy from wherever you live.

Comment

Went on Twitter (something I rarely do) and replied to something Eddie McClintock said and he replied back. It totally made my day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Went on Twitter (something I rarely do) and replied to something Eddie McClintock said and he replied back. It totally made my day.
                          Please share for us not on twitter. Especially if it's Warehouse 13 related.

Comment

Please share for us not on twitter. Especially if it's Warehouse 13 related.
                            It didn't have to do with Warehouse 13. He made a joke about France knighting Salma Hayek and saying "No wonder they haven't won a war in centuries" and I replied saying "Eddie, how many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris? Who knows, it's never been done before" and he replied "Hey, um, that's....(looks around, making sure nobody is listening)....funny."

Then I told him "Your reply made my day. Seriously. And thank you for your work on W13. That show is awesome." but he hasn't responded to it yet, if he even will.
                            sigpic

Comment

It didn't have to do with Warehouse 13. He made a joke about France knighting Salma Hayek and saying "No wonder they haven't won a war in centuries" and I replied saying "Eddie, how many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris? Who knows, it's never been done before" and he replied "Hey, um, that's....(looks around, making sure nobody is listening)....funny."

Then I told him "Your reply made my day. Seriously. And thank you for your work on W13. That show is awesome." but he hasn't responded to it yet, if he even will.
                              Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
                                Yeah. He hasn't responded to the second thing yet, so he probably never will. But it definitely made my day.

I'll keep watching his feed to see if he'll post anything about W13, though it seems as if actors seldom do, even little things. Sorry it wasn't anything important this time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X