Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's supposed to be a prequel to the show. Show us what the characters were doing up to the first episode I suppose

Comment

Ah. Cool. Adding it to the pull list then.

Comment

The number skipping thing appears to be back for the SGA line. Gateways #3 is up for pre-order on the AM shop, but I don't see Gateways #2 there.
        (As a Wraith fan, I am loving those 3 covers though and hoping no one gets "wiped out" as the one preview had said about Janus' genocidal intentions- not the Wraith, not the grey beings, nor any other races!)
        I plan to order the issues for part 3 with part 2, if they are being released around the same time, and save on shipping.
        Last edited by WraithTech; 15 October 2016, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Gateways #2 art tweeted with mystery person on the bridge:
          https://twitter.com/atlantistvru/sta...35194198675456

Comment

https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...rgate-Atlantis

Issue 1 of Gateways is due out in a few days.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I read the first issue of "Gateways" last night and it was MUCH better than the first three issue "episode."

First off, SWAT's artwork is more polished than the previous artist and his likenesses, while looser, are better at differentiating the various characters from one another. The illustrations are more "animated" and vivid in this issue. I'm definitely liking the new visual style of the series.

In matching with the new cleaner lines of the artwork, the story has also become more delineated. Not so much hopping around to different locales and separate groups of characters.

My favorite addition to this series are the multiple footnotes available over the course of the issue, pointing out references to episodes of the TV series. For instance, a visit to the Tower planet has a footnote indicating that this location is from the episode "the Tower." For an old fan like me, I appreciate the reminders and having the callbacks highlighted.

All in all, an enjoyable start to the new arc and a much-improved style in both art and writing for the series as a whole.

Comment

I liked the space ship scenes - they were fantastically drawn and were really 'animated' as you said. It really felt like watching a scene from the show. I enjoy the new artists but I'm not sure why they seem so obsessed with the method of shading a character's face with a section of their faces being blue? Seemed overused to me.

I thought the story was actually a bit slower than Back to Pegasus but it was still enjoyable. I'm curious to see where it goes. SGA has needed another antagonistic force, imho. I'd have loved to have seen the Greyliens fleshed out in the show so I'm glad they're getting the chance to now.

Comment

Yeah, I'm liking the start if this one so far. Story was better paced, art was better, characters looked more like themselves.

I'm excited for this one!

Spoiler:
                  even got confirmation the ioa member was the one from the ori bug episode not Camille

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                    Yeah, I'm liking the start if this one so far. Story was better paced, art was better, characters looked more like themselves.

I'm excited for this one!

Spoiler:
                    even got confirmation the ioa member was the one from the ori bug episode not Camille
                    RE: spoiler

Yeah, I was happy that was clarified, both in dialogue and visually; but given how she was drawn in the first arc, it was easy to assume otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hive View Post
                      I liked the space ship scenes - they were fantastically drawn and were really 'animated' as you said. It really felt like watching a scene from the show. I enjoy the new artists but I'm not sure why they seem so obsessed with the method of shading a character's face with a section of their faces being blue? Seemed overused to me.
                      Maybe SWAT could answer this for us, but it looked to me like those sections of characters' faces were left like that for digital inking and were shaded by the colorist instead. That's my guess, anyway.

Comment

This is definitely better than the first set of issues, I like the artwork and the callbacks are really nice to think about and remember.

One thing I did notice is that the Travelers still seem to have their ancient ship.... Too bad it was mentioned that it was blown up in season 5 when a gate exploded (I think the episode was The Lost Tribe?)

Aside from this somewhat major inconsistency it's still pretty good.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I noticed that as well. They can always BS some explanation around that: maybe Katana planted false information to understate the Traveller's military force? As long as they didn't conveniently find another one I'm fine with a plausible excuse.

One massive thing I noticed, however, is that:
                          Spoiler:
                          It made a point of noting that the Replicators killed Elizabeth in Season 4. This makes me think that the comics are going to say that the Elizabeth in Ghost In the Machine wasn't the real one. Either she'll still be out there as Asuran!Elizabeth or she really is dead with no chance of returning.

Comment

Looks like Universe #0 got postponed until June...

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP161258

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hive View Post
                              Yeah I noticed that as well. They can always BS some explanation around that: maybe Katana planted false information to understate the Traveller's military force? As long as they didn't conveniently find another one I'm fine with a plausible excuse.

One massive thing I noticed, however, is that:
                              Spoiler:
                              It made a point of noting that the Replicators killed Elizabeth in Season 4. This makes me think that the comics are going to say that the Elizabeth in Ghost In the Machine wasn't the real one. Either she'll still be out there as Asuran!Elizabeth or she really is dead with no chance of returning.
                              I went back to watch the episode and they were really upset that they lost so many people, more so that they had to have a settlement on a planet since they hadn't in so long, so I don't think it was them understating what they had. Like you said though, they will probably just BS it since it was probably just forgotten and turns into a continuity issue.

I think she's just still out there, others have survived for a long time and she really needs a good ending.
                              sigpic

Comment

Gave these a read today, the three Back to Pegasus issues and the first Gateways issue.

Hoooo boy. Not good. Genuinely surprised to see if getting any kind of positive response.

I know - opinions, a-holes, etc etc.
                                Last edited by DigiFluid; 03 December 2016, 06:39 PM.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X