• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Storm (916)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON NINE
    THE STORM
    EPISODE NUMBER - 916
    Pressed by a dangerous blizzard, Ezekiel and Carol evacuate the Kingdom -- but face a potentially fatal crossroads on their journey to a new refuge.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 April 2019, 12:21 AM.

I was cold just *watching* this
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I was cold just *watching* this
      I think I took a few years watching that episode. Honestly I think this has to be one of the most boring finale I've ever seen in my life. Like literally nothing interesting happened other than the dog running off, which is my favorite character in the show. Glad he's okay.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Oh I wasn't bored at all. I loved it. The only thing I didn't like was right near the end when we popped back to the Whisperers in the woods and there was no snow at all and a dismissive "some time away was good" line. Really dismissed the rest of the episode IMO. And I want more winter episodes. They don't need to be snowstorms, just a whole bunch set in the winter.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Oh I wasn't bored at all. I loved it. The only thing I didn't like was right near the end when we popped back to the Whisperers in the woods and there was no snow at all and a dismissive "some time away was good" line. Really dismissed the rest of the episode IMO. And I want more winter episodes. They don't need to be snowstorms, just a whole bunch set in the winter.
          I'm just glad Dog is okay. Honestly if they kill him I'm done with this show.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Thats the first winter episode we've had right? I liked the snowy setting but found it quite boring...

Also, was that Maggie at the end on the radio?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              Thats the first winter episode we've had right? I liked the snowy setting but found it quite boring...

Also, was that Maggie at the end on the radio?
              Interesting.
              Spoiler:

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Do you know who?

Comment

I might

But as we know, they like to take comic stuff and give it their own twist, so it may well end up being a totally unexpected twist on what I’m anticipating!

Comment

I liked this episode and the struggle on whether to cross the border or not. It's also just kind from a geographic perspective to get a sense about whether The Whisperer territory is between any of the enclaves.

It was nice seeing Negan so protective of Judith. I think Negan is going to be the Spike of Alexandria for awhile I think. He helps out, but doesn't really have a place to go.

He'll make smart-alec and sarcastic comments and generally be used as a good outsider to poke people and force them to confront their inadequacies and shortcomings.

Man, I wish season 10 had wrapped up with the 16th episode, then I could have watched it right after season 9. Anyway, looking forward to fall 2020 when I'll get Netflix again and bing it.

This was a really great season. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat and scared and it wasn't from having characters captured or being hounded by an army of humans. It was just through the unknown threat that The Whisperers presented.

I don't usually bother with knowing the showrunners for shows, but Angela Kang has done good this season for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X