This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
    And we're also a ruthless, cunning, and mistrusting species, especially when it comes to international relations.
    yes we are.

Comment

I think the BBC is the best tv news out there. Now plenty will say its biased but for how many times I've heard its biased towards the left an equal amount who say its towards the right. There are occasions it has been misinformed like during the the invasion but that was the case for nearly every western news outlet. While American news outlets were drooling over the big bombs and shiny planes, it was Al Jazera on the ground talking to the people bomb landed on (not the terrorists). I think I just about do with Sky News if they start to be like Fox or MSNBC I'll stop watching all together (Although I can't stand Kay Burley).

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        I know, thats the point, and that is why I would be very weary about trading it with the Iranians as long as the current Government and current political class is in power. I happen to like Israel very much and think they deserve the right to survive as a people, thank you.

indeed...I'd like to see Israel endure too...

Comment

I know, thats the point, and that is why I would be very weary about trading it with the Iranians as long as the current Government and current political class is in power. I happen to like Israel very much and think they deserve the right to survive as a people, thank you.
          All peoples deserve the right to survive. Anyways, if these future (potential) power sources are proven, then it is likely that they will not be exclusive to the United States and our allies. Industrialized nations throughout the world will probably develop parallel systems once the technology for thorium/etc booms.
          sigpic
          Don't touch Lola

Comment

All peoples deserve the right to survive. Anyways, if these future (potential) power sources are proven, then it is likely that they will not be exclusive to the United States and our allies. Industrialized nations throughout the world will probably develop parallel systems once the technology for thorium/etc booms.
            I know and I hope it happens and Iran, as they are currently try and do, will probably develop their own technology anways with the help of their allies its just..as I said..I would hesitate personally before I helped them get to that technology. Though if you can get them that technology it might also erode the current political class over there.

Comment

*wipes brow*

FINALLY!!! A subject where both sides can find some common ground....

Comment

I know and I hope it happens and Iran, as they are currently try and do, will probably develop their own technology anways with the help of their allies its just..as I said..I would hesitate personally before I helped them get to that technology. Though if you can get them that technology it might also erode the current political class over there.
                True. In any case, we will need to be vigilant if we are to find solutions to our energy problems!
                sigpic
                Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  *wipes brow*

FINALLY!!! A subject where both sides can find some common ground....
                  Some. Both sides think its a good idea but one side will say hey lets have the Government force it on us and the other side will say, hold on, time out, lets go and actually devlop the technology, make sure it works, make sure it is practicable, and make sure it is a viable alternative/ supplement to our current oil stuff.

Comment

True. In any case, we will need to be vigilant if we are to find solutions to our energy problems!
                    *breaks out the bubbily*

Comment

Some. Both sides think its a good idea but one side will say hey lets have the Government force it on us and the other side will say, hold on, time out, lets go and actually devlop the technology, make sure it works, make sure it is practicable, and make sure it is a viable alternative/ supplement to our current oil stuff.
                      The thing is though, our current "alternative" power sources, such as a solar, wind, and hydroelectric power, are very inefficient. For example, the average solar panel only absorbs 5%-18% of the energy provided by sunlight, depending on the solar panel's design (parabolic, flat, sun-tracking, etc). But there are plans/theories in the work to create even more efficient solar panels that can absorb around 50% of the energy provided by sunlight.
                      sigpic
                      Don't touch Lola

Comment

The thing is though, our current "alternative" power sources, such as a solar, wind, and hydroelectric power, are very inefficient. For example, the average solar panel only absorbs 5%-18% of the energy provided by sunlight, depending on the solar panel's design (parabolic, flat, sun-tracking, etc). But there are plans/theories in the work to create even more efficient solar panels that can absorb around 50% of the energy provided by sunlight.
                        Exactly. But if you listen to certain people in our Government, and certain Governments around the world, Solar panels RIGHT NOW are perfect and viable and the best thing since sliced bread. And then they pour trillions and trillions of dollars into these projects and into this technology that just is not a viable alternative right now. Which just serves to turn people off to solar panels and several other alternatives because it looks as though, correctly, that the Government is trying to force us into something that is inefficient, a money pit, and not good. Which when they finally are and they finally are market viable the markets may say frak you because they do not feel like buying a product that was previously forced on them.

Comment

Well there is plenty of desert and Artic not being used that could used for solar panels. There is lots of sea as well for wind, wave tidel power. They may be ineffient but they produce 0% waste so lets not rule them out compleatly.

Comment

not to mention that the manufacture of solar panels tends to be rather cost-prohibitive...

Comment

*breaks out the bubbily*
                              *takes bubbly and drinks the whole bottle*...

Comment

Onto the next topic, what do you think of the scandals surrounding Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi?
                                sigpic
                                Don't touch Lola

Comment

Working...
                                X