Comment

=^..^=

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PYEWACKETT
              HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Awwwww, TY Pye!!

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Has anyone read the GW article "Wraith Be Dead?"?? Dark Shadows was mentioned!!

Originally posted by Ed Sum
                However, it should be noted that a more recognized program is Dark Shadows, which lasted many years as a dramatic, supernatural soap opera. That show too attempted a revival. Consequentially, a subculture has bloomed where people have cosmetically styled themselves as vampires, sometimes identified with the Goth subculture.
                Was it geeky of me to squeee at the mention of one of my fav shows on GW??

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Yeah Dark Shadows!

Comment

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

I'm renting 1897 from netflix... I forgot how much I wanted to slap Quentin in the first half.

Comment

Nice to see this thread back in action. Angelique, how are you. Stop by the Cat thread sometime.

Comment

I heard that there's going to be a new Dark Shadows movie.

Comment

Originally posted by PYEWACKETT View Post
                          I heard that there's going to be a new Dark Shadows movie.

Yup! I was squeeing about that on Live Journal the other day. Variety reported on it. ShadowGram says they'll just be starting on a script now, so it'll probably be a few years before we actually get the movie... but YAYS! *cough* In the mean time I have Zachary Quinto as Spock to squee about. *cough*

I hope they don't do the whole resurrection of Barnabas again... they've done that at least 4 times now. I wonder if we'll get any original actor cameos? I'm pretty sure John Karlen had a cameo in the 2004 WB pilot. I could see David Selby, Lara Parker, Kathryn Leigh Scott and John Karlen willing to do a cameo...

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique View Post
                            Yup! I was squeeing about that on Live Journal the other day. Variety reported on it. ShadowGram says they'll just be starting on a script now, so it'll probably be a few years before we actually get the movie... but YAYS! *cough* In the mean time I have Zachary Quinto as Spock to squee about. *cough*

I hope they don't do the whole resurrection of Barnabas again... they've done that at least 4 times now. I wonder if we'll get any original actor cameos? I'm pretty sure John Karlen had a cameo in the 2004 WB pilot. I could see David Selby, Lara Parker, Kathryn Leigh Scott and John Karlen willing to do a cameo...
                            I would love to see that. Especially David Selby!

Comment

According to Hollywood mogul Richard D. Zanuck, Johnny Depp is going to play Barnabas Collins in a new version of the cult horror soap opera Dark Shadows.

Speaking to Collider.com, Zanuck confirmed that Tim Burton would be directing the film, stating firmly, "That's his next project." Zanuck noted that Depp owned the rights to the series, adding, "He used to sneak out of school to get home to turn on the television" to watch the show.

The new version has been written by John August based on the original stories by Dan Curtis. Dark Shadows ran for 1225 episodes from 1966-1971, with a remake in 1991, starring Star Trek's Ben Cross, lasting for 13 weeks.

A pilot was shot in 2004 but not picked up, while Big Finish Productions has recently been releasing original audio stories featuring some of the original cast.

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/2819-joh...r-dark-shadows

Comment

That sounds awesome! I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp to bits, I can't wait for Alice in Wonderland! Will probably be a while before we see the movie... Will it be called Dark Shadows, too?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X