Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Wha?!?!?
    Well, you know how Ford has that black eye because he got an overdose of Wraith enzyme. I'm curious, were The Lost Boys and The Hive rated for drug use?

Comment

Anyone notice at the end the IDC came in before the stargate wooshed ?

Comment

Hooooly crap! That rocked! The clown thing was one of the most hilarious things on Atlantis so far. I had to pause it because I was laughing so hard at what Sheppard said.

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO'VE BEEN ASKING:

McKay takes this mega-dose of the enzyme so he can escape Ford's little cave, and he goes totally nuts. WHACKO! If you prefer. I felt so sorry for him, amused by him, and thinking how awesome he is...all at the same time! Fortunately, no Ford eye for poor Rodney.

Sheppard once again proves his lovely intelligence by figuring everything out before everyone else. (A trend we've seen since "Home" ^_^)

Ford seems to be a little more like himself near the end, after having been off the enzyme for so long. I hope he survives the hive ship explosion!

The hive ships blow each other up because Sheppard tricks the hive queen into thinking the other queen was there to destroy her.

I don't know if I'd call those people "worshippers". It seems like more of a "do X for us or we'll eat you"-type relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
          SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO'VE BEEN ASKING:

McKay takes this mega-dose of the enzyme so he can escape Ford's little cave, and he goes totally nuts. WHACKO! If you prefer. I felt so sorry for him, amused by him, and thinking how awesome he is...all at the same time! Fortunately, no Ford eye for poor Rodney.
          Awww, I think it would have been cool if he did get Ford eye. How awsome would he look? They could have made it a temp thing easily.

Comment

Cheers for the spoilers. Can't wait to see this.

Comment

Synopsis for anyone who's interested. Obviously spoilers for the episode, but if you dont want spoilers what the hell are you doing in this thread?

Queen Wraith (Have we got a name for her???) is about to interrogate Sheppard when the arrival of another Hive Ship interrupts her. Sheppard is taken back to the cell where they all manage to escape (Ronan would never be able to make it through an Airport metal detector without being detected... ).

Back on the planet McKay is freaking out because he knows his team is in trouble, however Ford's cronies wont let him dial back to Atlantis for a rescue team. So he injects himself with a whole vial of the enzyme thus transforming him into Super!McKay where he then unleashes the power of a 'Brilliant Scientist backed into a corner'. Trademark. Two guards now incapacited and McKay get back to Atlantis. However the enzyme has messed him up and Weir is unable to get anything meaningful out of him. After rambling on (think normal McKay panicky rambling then x100) he passes out. Some great acting by DH there

Meanwhile, back on the Hive ship, Shep and teh gang run into some humans being cocooned. After a plea from one of them, they try to rescue them (which Ford is opposed to) but the Wraith arrive and overpower them. Teyla, Ronan and Kanayo awake in one cell and Shep, Ford and one of the girls they tried to rescue are in another cell. Now Kanayo and Ford are in some pretty deep strife as their enzyme is wearing off. Teyla and Ronan aren't feeling 100% either. Kanayo soon bites the dust and Ford is not far behind when the Wraith show up and take Kanayo's body and Ford away. The Girl tells Shep of her simple life and how the Wraith fed upon her mother and brother in front of her. Shep then attempts to comfort the girl by telling her he's not afraid of the Wraith (though apparently Shep has some clown issues...). The girl attempts to get Shep to tell her more about the world he comes from, but Shep is relucant to do so.

Back at Atlantis, McKay is having some serious withdrawal issues. Beckett is doing his best to help him, but without more of the enzyme to ween him off slowly they have to go cold turkey and hope for the best. McKay manages to pull through (no doubt due to his stubborness) and informs Weir of their predicament. He also had the co-ordinates to the planet that the Hive Ship was on teh way to cull, so McKay and Major Lorne board the Daedalus to intercept and attempt to stop the Wraith from culling the planet (and rescue Shep and the gang of course!).

On the Hive Ship, Shep is taken to the Wraith Queen again. However he's realised that the girl was actually a plant to try and draw information out of him and says as much. Turns out the Wraith have human worshippers who live at the beck and call of the Queen in exchange for their lives. Shep bluffs the Queen by saying he too has made deals with the Wraith (how else would he get his hands on a Dart and have all the info he needs to blow a hive ship etc) and that the Wraith he bargained with is actually the queen aboard the other hive ship and that the other queen was going to double cross her. This Queen doesn't seem to thrilled at that, and is about to feed on Shep, when Ford rocks up and takes out the Queen and her guards (with Ronan's gun none the less. I want his gun...). Shep and Ford then go to rescue Ronan and Teyla, but Ford stays behind to 'watch Shep's back'. That's the last we see of Ford on screen. Shep free's Ronan and Teyla, they head to the Dart hangers where Shep steals a Dart and picks up Ronan and Teyla in the beam.

So McKay and Lorne are on the Deddy with a Puddle Jumper which they are gonna take out (cloaked) and attempt to establish radio contact with Shep while Caldwell keeps the Deddy hidden behind the planet. No luck on contacting Shep, so Caldwell orders the Deddy out and attempts the 'Beam the Nuke aboard the Hive Ship' trick. Of course, Wraith are too smart for that now, so the Deddy is engaged with two Hive Ships with the odds way in favour of the Wraith. Back aboard the Deddy, McKay notices a lone Dart making a strafing run on one of the Hive Ships. It is of course Shep, in an attempt to get the Wraith fighting each other. The Wraith fall for it, and start shooting each other up and in the process manage to blow each other up. Stupid Wraith
              Anyway, nothing survives, and McKay, Caldwell et al assume that Shep didn't make it.

Weir back at Atlantis gets the bad news and is about to Angst when the Gate dials up. Shep, Teyla and Ronan swagger through having survived another day Once Shep saw the Wraith engaging each other, he hauled arse for the gate and dialed the nearest planet with a gate on it, landed and beamed Teyla and Ronan out of the Dart, then dialed home. McKay gets back and his relieved to see his teammates alive and well. And all is well

So what'd we get out of the episode?

* Wraith have human followers who worship them in exchange for their lives.
              * Wraith are definitely terratorial. That was why they turned on each other so quickly
              * Ford's fate is unknown. He was last seen on the hive ship before it was destroyed, but we never saw him die. It's entirely possible he managed to make it off somehow.
              * Shep has clown issues.... o.O
              * Ronan carries alot of knives on him.... O.o

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Synopsis for anyone who's interested. Obviously spoilers for the episode, but if you dont want spoilers what the hell are you doing in this thread?

Queen Wraith (Have we got a name for her???) is about to interrogate Sheppard when the arrival of another Hive Ship interrupts her. Sheppard is taken back to the cell where they all manage to escape (Ronan would never be able to make it through an Airport metal detector without being detected... ).

Back on the planet McKay is freaking out because he knows his team is in trouble, however Ford's cronies wont let him dial back to Atlantis for a rescue team. So he injects himself with a whole vial of the enzyme thus transforming him into Super!McKay where he then unleashes the power of a 'Brilliant Scientist backed into a corner'. Trademark. Two guards now incapacited and McKay get back to Atlantis. However the enzyme has messed him up and Weir is unable to get anything meaningful out of him. After rambling on (think normal McKay panicky rambling then x100) he passes out. Some great acting by DH there

Meanwhile, back on the Hive ship, Shep and teh gang run into some humans being cocooned. After a plea from one of them, they try to rescue them (which Ford is opposed to) but the Wraith arrive and overpower them. Teyla, Ronan and Kanayo awake in one cell and Shep, Ford and one of the girls they tried to rescue are in another cell. Now Kanayo and Ford are in some pretty deep strife as their enzyme is wearing off. Teyla and Ronan aren't feeling 100% either. Kanayo soon bites the dust and Ford is not far behind when the Wraith show up and take Kanayo's body and Ford away. The Girl tells Shep of her simple life and how the Wraith fed upon her mother and brother in front of her. Shep then attempts to comfort the girl by telling her he's not afraid of the Wraith (though apparently Shep has some clown issues...). The girl attempts to get Shep to tell her more about the world he comes from, but Shep is relucant to do so.

Back at Atlantis, McKay is having some serious withdrawal issues. Beckett is doing his best to help him, but without more of the enzyme to ween him off slowly they have to go cold turkey and hope for the best. McKay manages to pull through (no doubt due to his stubborness) and informs Weir of their predicament. He also had the co-ordinates to the planet that the Hive Ship was on teh way to cull, so McKay and Major Lorne board the Daedalus to intercept and attempt to stop the Wraith from culling the planet (and rescue Shep and the gang of course!).

On the Hive Ship, Shep is taken to the Wraith Queen again. However he's realised that the girl was actually a plant to try and draw information out of him and says as much. Turns out the Wraith have human worshippers who live at the beck and call of the Queen in exchange for their lives. Shep bluffs the Queen by saying he too has made deals with the Wraith (how else would he get his hands on a Dart and have all the info he needs to blow a hive ship etc) and that the Wraith he bargained with is actually the queen aboard the other hive ship and that the other queen was going to double cross her. This Queen doesn't seem to thrilled at that, and is about to feed on Shep, when Ford rocks up and takes out the Queen and her guards (with Ronan's gun none the less. I want his gun...). Shep and Ford then go to rescue Ronan and Teyla, but Ford stays behind to 'watch Shep's back'. That's the last we see of Ford on screen. Shep free's Ronan and Teyla, they head to the Dart hangers where Shep steals a Dart and picks up Ronan and Teyla in the beam.

So McKay and Lorne are on the Deddy with a Puddle Jumper which they are gonna take out (cloaked) and attempt to establish radio contact with Shep while Caldwell keeps the Deddy hidden behind the planet. No luck on contacting Shep, so Caldwell orders the Deddy out and attempts the 'Beam the Nuke aboard the Hive Ship' trick. Of course, Wraith are too smart for that now, so the Deddy is engaged with two Hive Ships with the odds way in favour of the Wraith. Back aboard the Deddy, McKay notices a lone Dart making a strafing run on one of the Hive Ships. It is of course Shep, in an attempt to get the Wraith fighting each other. The Wraith fall for it, and start shooting each other up and in the process manage to blow each other up. Stupid Wraith
                Anyway, nothing survives, and McKay, Caldwell et al assume that Shep didn't make it.

Weir back at Atlantis gets the bad news and is about to Angst when the Gate dials up. Shep, Teyla and Ronan swagger through having survived another day Once Shep saw the Wraith engaging each other, he hauled arse for the gate and dialed the nearest planet with a gate on it, landed and beamed Teyla and Ronan out of the Dart, then dialed home. McKay gets back and his relieved to see his teammates alive and well. And all is well

So what'd we get out of the episode?

* Wraith have human followers who worship them in exchange for their lives.
                * Wraith are definitely terratorial. That was why they turned on each other so quickly
                * Ford's fate is unknown. He was last seen on the hive ship before it was destroyed, but we never saw him die. It's entirely possible he managed to make it off somehow.
                * Shep has clown issues.... o.O
                * Ronan carries alot of knives on him.... O.o
                well this seems like it is going to be a really good episode
                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

My fourth cousin in the Yukon's tape should arrive this afternoon

Comment

McKay on the extra enzyme was funny. Super strong he may be, but he still kinda fights like a girl. And him at the DHD was hilarious, didn't understand a word (I may have heard 'blue jello' mid rant), but the hysterical noises he makes is too much.

And the whole knives routine. Hehehe. Sheppard feels left out.

I thought it was kinda stupid for them to stop for the humans. Heroic, but stupid. But since Sheppard mentioned it was a trap, I guess they couldn't have gotten away anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                      And the whole knives routine. Hehehe. Sheppard feels left out.
                      That was hilarious. "How many do you need?" says Ronan. Hooo... this was totally the funniest "serious episode".

Once again DH proves his awesome acting skill!

I don't think they could have gotten off the ship anyway, at least not until it dropped out of hyperspace.

Did anyone else think the wraith were acting... weird? Or, I should say, "not as usual". I thought there was going to be some reaction to Sheppard having turned into one.
                      Last edited by AutumnDream; 22 November 2005, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I thought this one was great!! Sheppard and the clowns was hilarious. He was so deadpan about it! "...and they just keep sending them in..."

Loved the Weir angst at the end. Torri played it really well - made it clear that she was trying to hide it, but let a bit slip through the cracks, especially as she turned to go back into her office.

IMHO, though, David Hewlett was really the show stealer. First, when he comes back through the gate and is babbling to Weir... had me on the floor, laughing! He's just to neutoric and drug-addled. But what really did me in was his withdrawl scenes. I thought he did an INCREDIBLE job. Huge props to DH for turning out an amazing performance!
                        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze
                          Anyone notice at the end the IDC came in before the stargate wooshed ?

Now that you mention it, I did notice that. The gate had not even finished dailing when the IDC came through.

I guess that I have to watch the epi again.

Comment

I have lot of captures, can I put the pictures here ?

I liked this episode very much! But does a question remain, Ford is it always in life?

I make a vid about this episode, if you are interresting:
                            The hive
                            music: hysteria, Muse

Comment

Totally MEH ep for me. Very disappointing.

Not being a Rodney/DH fan, his bits were also meh, bordering on making McKay be the person to laugh at again, which is getting old. He was just Rodney ratched up a notch so..meh. Nothing surprising, but gee..miraculous healing powers.

The Knife thing and Clown thing were funny but..

where was the danger or intensity. I believe this was the same writer as CONDEMNED right? Which would explain it. Condemened was equally MEH as far as danger/intensity went.

HIVE could have been a great ep. And EDGE OF MY SEAT ep. It was...bland and rather boring and even my love of Shep and the fact he saved the day couldn't make this ep good cause it just was lacking in about every way and way too rushed.

Comment

Carl Binder wrote it. His first Atlantis script was "Aurora", which was my only "meh" episode ever, but he later on wrote classics like "Before I Sleep" and "Letters From Pegasus". I think he's shaping up to give Martin Gero some good competition!

True, I was expecting a little more intrigue involving the mysteries of the wraith and Sheppard and Teyla's "relation" to them, but I loved the episode because

A) I was just so happy to see a new Atlantis.
                                B) It was pretty awesome anyway.
                                C) Hilarious.
                                D) It had some good plot stuff in it.
                                E) I was overjoyed to see a new Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X