No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just check Star Trek : Discovery season 2 trailer...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKf7pyxa1w
    Wow. And more wow. OMG. It will be really hard for Stargate to reach this height. Even the Lost in Space and Altered Carbon were superb as well. Really cheap solution won't work anymore for the battle for viewers, I am afraid.
    Last edited by Platschu; 07 October 2018, 11:21 AM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

HOLY. HANNAH!

BRING IT ON!

Bring it on... So, can't wait for season 2 now! OH. EM. GEE!!!!!!!

Stargate? What stargate?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We have an ST folder and a Discovery thread.
        https://forum.gateworld.net/forums/59-Star-Trek
        https://forum.gateworld.net/forums/3...ery-Season-One
        https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...in-2017/page21

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Stargate? What stargate?
        It is sad to say, but the competitors wash up the floor with Origins. If we get a new SG show, they really have to invest more money into it. Maybe they should make a tv movie pilot together with Netflix, just to see how the audience accept it, then order a mini-series or something.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Good luck getting a deal with Netflix
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Good luck getting a deal with Netflix
            I think, if MGM were to do something new with Stargate, that they would be more inclined to go with HULU instead. I mean, the Handmaid's Tale is in collaboration with HULU too so I think they would stick with that, considering HULU and Netflix being competitors and all.

Also, I wrote Netflox before flix... made me giggle. Nearly left it standing there like that.

Comment

It looks like this thread is died like the patience and enthusiasm of the fans. Even the most loyal fans would move on and it is so sad.

Comment

Didn't expect anything else...

However, I'm trying to garner a feel of how many accounts there really are at Command.
                I thought I found a way, but I'm 1980 accounts or so in and noticed I'm still missing a bunch. For a while it looked like an easier task then I expected but the code of the website keeps screwing things up in that regard. It's a javascript mess -- pretty much the code imitating the franchise.

In any case, the accounts I have so far, are 95% of US origin. Are 90% of Airman rank and approx. 85% are all-access. There are barely any accounts from other countries outside of the 6, from which the UK is represented the most after the US, followed by Australia and New Zealand, and the Germany limping behind.

The Czech Republic and France are the most represented as far as international, but there are perhaps 10 to 15 accounts each for both countries.

They don't need to expand beyond the 6 countries, because there's simply nothing to expand to. Those who signed up in the beginning, hoping they were working on things, left and never came back. They are giving gifts to founding members but they should be giving them out to those they chased of with their "We're working on it"-BS.

They have the worst marketing in the history of marketing, and quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of their selective ignoring too.

I agree with NickEast. They singlehandedly killed my love for Stargate and that makes it very hard at this point to even want to continue my rewatch or be involved in the fandom because they certainly don't make me feel part of it.

I think I'm going to pull back on Command time some more -- quietly disappear into the background. Should have left the first time I said I would. I am really a glutton for punishment, it seems.

Gateworld's another matter, altogether.

Comment

Even if there would be 500+ or 1000+ active fans, that is not enough for a new SG series. If they can not sell it internationally, then it is not worth of announcing it.

I understand your feelings, but this whole community will lose a lot if such fans like you will be muted forever. Stargate is still a unique scifi franchise, so don't judge it by this "official" platform...

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    Even if there would be 500+ or 1000+ active fans, that is not enough for a new SG series. If they can not sell it internationally, then it is not worth of announcing it.

I understand your feelings, but this whole community will lose a lot if such fans like you will be muted forever. Stargate is still a unique scifi franchise, so don't judge it by this "official" platform...
                    But it was not FH's choice to be muted, it was the official platform's choice to mute her, and that's the real problem, and you can only judge a thing by it's official position, or it's choice to ignore that position.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'll continue to post my daily -- well sorta daily -- reminders. I just had another fun idea for an image to add to the reminder. If I can find the time to photoshop a little later, then I'm having the most on point "waiting for international expansion"-image.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

It's not our fault that MGM doesn't care. In fact, if this is how they keep the community going then I'm genuinely afraid of what they plan to do with Stargate itself. With Origins that fear is already founded, and the fact that so-called fans seem to love it makes me all the more afraid of MGM making more such stories with gaping plot holes that contradict the last twenty or so years. A reboot-that-is-not-a-reboot-but-completely-canon kind of crap. So I don't mind "losing" if it means that we keep what we have and not get anything that has the potential to completely ruin the franchise for all time. After the previous "end" of the franchise, it was nice to "hope" for the future. That hope is so much better than what's happening now.

FYI, I'm NickEast on SGC in case someone didn't already get that

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                          It's not our fault that MGM doesn't care. In fact, if this is how they keep the community going then I'm genuinely afraid of what they plan to do with Stargate itself.
                          I wholeheartedly agree with this, and the rest of the post.

And I knew.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                            It's not our fault that MGM doesn't care. In fact, if this is how they keep the community going then I'm genuinely afraid of what they plan to do with Stargate itself. With Origins that fear is already founded, and the fact that so-called fans seem to love it makes me all the more afraid of MGM making more such stories with gaping plot holes that contradict the last twenty or so years. A reboot-that-is-not-a-reboot-but-completely-canon kind of crap. So I don't mind "losing" if it means that we keep what we have and not get anything that has the potential to completely ruin the franchise for all time. After the previous "end" of the franchise, it was nice to "hope" for the future. That hope is so much better than what's happening now.

FYI, I'm NickEast on SGC in case someone didn't already get that
                            I still haven't managed to watch Origins but I was under the impression that a large amount of the plot holes and contradictions fans had (before the series was finished) were resolved by the end, other than a few things like the look of the Stargate and the Stars supposedly being visible and such. What plot holes are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoidDragon View Post
                              I still haven't managed to watch Origins but I was under the impression that a large amount of the plot holes and contradictions fans had (before the series was finished) were resolved by the end, other than a few things like the look of the Stargate and the Stars supposedly being visible and such. What plot holes are you referring to?
                              The ending actually...

First, it's a cheap solution to justify the story within the established canon and which makes the story pretty much non-existent.

Second, the ending does "work" within the context of the story, but actually opens up other massive plot holes related to the events from the original film.

Thirdly, it stylistically fits the movie more than the shows, except for a few minor elements. This includes the Stargate and VFX.

I could write up a longer list of the actual plot holes, but I don't have the time when I write this. Maybe later.

Comment

I could add friends only if I have seen a comment somewhere. It is silly how their message board works. I could directly search only for words, but not for users.

nivao and FH: I won't give up fighting for you or for anyone else. I am only an All-Access member as I live in the UK, but the other Hungarian fans have already moved on from Stargate and the few ones who wanted to pay for it, they have given up. Theoratically they are planning "something" behind the scenes and the latest GW article also referred to something, but promises, promises, promises then disappointment then nothing then even more disappointment. I don't know how long they can play with the feelings of the fans. It is sad that almost everything is so mediocre in this SG merchandise part. It could have been so much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X