No announcement yet.

Bloodlines (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, got ya. They never stick with one actress. That always bugs me too!

Comment

I was watching Bloodlines tonight, and I didn't realize - did you guys know that the actress that played Drey'auc in this episode is Allison Blake in Eureka? I looked her up - I was curious, because I'd always preferred this Drey'auc to the 2nd Drey'auc.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the original Drey'auc was a lot prettier than the later Drey'auc.

7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...loodlines.html
        My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
        http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

It seems like one of the things everybody is talking about is Drey'auc and the fact that TPTB changed her character. Has anybody found a reason for why they would do this? Was it Salli Richardson's acting ability that turned them towards Brook Parker for future episodes or was it something else. She did play the wife of Will Smith in "I Am Legend", so she must have had some acting ability. She did have a couple different gigs in 1998 which was the year Brook Parker took the role in the episode Family. Perhaps it was nothing more than a scheduling conflict.

If anybody has any answers I would be thrilled to hear them.
          Last edited by captain jake; 27 June 2008, 09:38 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

What I like in this ep:
            - i learned more about teal'c. he's got one hottie wife.
            - master bratac
            - master bratac beating and bossing jack
            - jaffa has families. prior to this ep, and not counting teal'c, i could not imagine that the jaffa can actually have personal lives.
            - daniel destroying the helpless goauld larvae. usually, he's the voice of reason. good job danny! it's nice to know he knows when to shoot and when to talk.

i'll post about what i don't like later. when i remember them.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
              What I like in this ep:
              - i learned more about teal'c. he's got one hottie wife.
              - master bratac
              - master bratac beating and bossing jack
              - jaffa has families. prior to this ep, and not counting teal'c, i could not imagine that the jaffa can actually have personal lives.
              - daniel destroying the helpless goauld larvae. usually, he's the voice of reason. good job danny! it's nice to know he knows when to shoot and when to talk.

i'll post about what i don't like later. when i remember them.
              Haha, where did you think the Jaffa came from? Personally I didn't like Bra'tac in these early episodes, later on in the series he becomes really cool though. The first time I saw this episode I wasn't sure what to make of Daniel shooting those infant Goa'uld's. I think it was a personal attack due to what the Goa'uld did to his wife rather than an action made by his morals.
              sigpic

Comment

One of few things I remember in this episode is that Teal'c called Drey'auc "woman" in a less-than-courteous tone. But maybe it's just Jaffa culture.
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                  It seems like one of the things everybody is talking about is Drey'auc and the fact that TPTB changed her character. Has anybody found a reason for why they would do this? Was it Salli Richardson's acting ability that turned them towards Brook Parker for future episodes or was it something else. She did play the wife of Will Smith in "I Am Legend", so she must have had some acting ability. She did have a couple different gigs in 1998 which was the year Brook Parker took the role in the episode Family. Perhaps it was nothing more than a scheduling conflict.

I don't know for sure, but I seem to recall them saying they couldn't get the original actress back.

Bratac is great & I loved the Sam& Daniel moments too.

Comment

Haha, where did you think the Jaffa came from?
                    When I say "family", I meant familial attachment (is this the correct term?). Before this episode, I often thought of them as unfeeling slaves who will do whatever their Gods tells them to do. They think but only of the needs/interests of their Gods. Everything they are is about their Gods. Teal'c is just an exception.

The first time I saw this episode I wasn't sure what to make of Daniel shooting those infant Goa'uld's. I think it was a personal attack due to what the Goa'uld did to his wife rather than an action made by his morals.
                    I agree. If this is indeed his motivation for shooting the baby goa'ulds, then I'd like Daniel more. For me, it makes him more human.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                      One of few things I remember in this episode is that Teal'c called Drey'auc "woman" in a less-than-courteous tone. But maybe it's just Jaffa culture.
                      What about him acting like Jack was his apprentice or something and don't forget that he kept cutting Jack off in the briefing room. Other than that it wasn't necessarily what he was saying, but rather his facial expressions and body language.

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      I don't know for sure, but I seem to recall them saying they couldn't get the original actress back.

Bratac is great & I loved the Sam& Daniel moments too.
                      Really other than if she was sick or pregnant or something, I don't see why she would turn down the gig. I suppose it would make sense that she was working on a different project.

Originally posted by L E E
                      When I say "family", I meant familial attachment (is this the correct term?). Before this episode, I often thought of them as unfeeling slaves who will do whatever their Gods tells them to do. They think but only of the needs/interests of their Gods. Everything they are is about their Gods. Teal'c is just an exception.

I agree. If this is indeed his motivation for shooting the baby goa'ulds, then I'd like Daniel more. For me, it makes him more human.
                      Hmm, I don't ever remember thinking like thta, probably because of what we saw in the dinning hall of Apophis's palace in Children of the Gods. I don't think that if Daniel could go back he would do the same thing, slaying the children of your enemy is no honorable action.
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't decide if I liked Bratac in this episode or not. He hammed it up a bit when he first ran into the team. His last comment about 'crossing that bridge' was pure Bratac (meaning, yea, I got it buddy, I'm just saving it for the right moment). Then the whole holding the staff weapon in the air while Sam and Jack salute and Daniel waves... all a bit overly dramatic for my tastes.

I had just noticed that Teal'c's wife is the woman in Eureka, too. I hadn't noticed that before. Almost seems like most of the pretty people in sci-fi have gone through a stargate at one point or another, eh?

Comment

A cool episode and probably another one of my favourites for season 1, for learning more about Teal'c and his family, about the Goa'uld and meeting Bratac for the first time.

I liked the fight between Bratac and Jack then the comment by Bratac about "had I been 100 years younger it might not of been so easy" Jack "God I'm sorry" then Bratac brings him to the ground, "133" "You must work out" classic Bratac and Jack.

Teal'c and his serpent headpiece a little disappointing his eyes weren't red, but I guess they don't always have to be on and helped with his cover story.

Daniel and Sam moments were good and I have to agree with Sam what makes us human is our compassion and morality, killing a child of the enemy would make us no better then them.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                            It really surprised me when he did that. Daniel is not the kind of person to do something like that, but you're right it makes him more human.

Originally posted by pritnep View Post
                            killing a child of the enemy would make us no better then them.
                            You're right, but it's not just any child. The Goa'uld have genetic memory and you could say that they are evil from birth. I don't blame him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              I was curious, because I'd always preferred this Drey'auc to the 2nd Drey'auc.
                              I guess I'm one of the few that prefers the 2nd Drey'auc...
                              sigpic
                              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                                I guess I'm one of the few that prefers the 2nd Drey'auc...
                                Yeah me too. The first one is beautiful, but I just don't like her for some reason. She doesn't seem very "Jaffaish".

Comment

Working...
                                X