As a person who looks at the numbers I think a renewal is fairly certain
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

As someone who saw all the episodes, I still wouldn't care if this show did not come back. It had a great concept and I like the characters, but I feel that some things just haven't grabbed my imagination as it did in the pilot and second episode. It's been a long dragged out adventure to get to where we are and I just hope that changes.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          An interesting comparison.
          Thanks.. Though having a coniving wife, egg you on to greater power is not new..

Comment

Behind every good man stands his wife nagging.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
              Behind every good man stands his wife nagging.
              Indeed!
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I sure hope that is the case. We shall see.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                  As someone who saw all the episodes, I still wouldn't care if this show did not come back. It had a great concept and I like the characters, but I feel that some things just haven't grabbed my imagination as it did in the pilot and second episode. It's been a long dragged out adventure to get to where we are and I just hope that changes.
                  yup. i said that about 2 months ago.

but, i don't really like the characters - especially charlie. shes as insufferable as sookie on true blood.
                  i like miles, and i like the tubby nerd guy whose name i can't remember. other than that, i think all of the other characters are cliche, predictable, poorly written, and one dimensional.

like i've said - they're making the same exact mistake as FOX did with terra nova: making it all mushy about characters. WHO CARES. People tuned in to the show because it was about this crazy electrical sucking catastrophe and we want to see how they are surviving and making their way through the world. Just like terra nova should have been about, you know, dinosaurs. If people want to watch a show about family, with well developed characters and interpersonal relationships, they will go watch Parenthood, or Revenge or something. But this is Revolution. I don't care about the characters. I care about the situation and the state of the world with no power. SHOW ME THAT STORY.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                    yup. i said that about 2 months ago.

but, i don't really like the characters - especially charlie. shes as insufferable as sookie on true blood.
                    i like miles, and i like the tubby nerd guy whose name i can't remember. other than that, i think all of the other characters are cliche, predictable, poorly written, and one dimensional.

like i've said - they're making the same exact mistake as FOX did with terra nova: making it all mushy about characters. WHO CARES. People tuned in to the show because it was about this crazy electrical sucking catastrophe and we want to see how they are surviving and making their way through the world. Just like terra nova should have been about, you know, dinosaurs. If people want to watch a show about family, with well developed characters and interpersonal relationships, they will go watch Parenthood, or Revenge or something. But this is Revolution. I don't care about the characters. I care about the situation and the state of the world with no power. SHOW ME THAT STORY.
                    Umm you just said they are one-dimensional and then got up the show about being more character driven. So you hate getting too little and too much info about a character?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      Umm you just said they are one-dimensional and then got up the show about being more character driven. So you hate getting too little and too much info about a character?
                      What I mean is most of the characters are terrible, and the show is character driven around these terrible characters, instead of focusing on the larger situation at hand: the state of the world and its people at large given this catastrophe.

Comment

What I mean is most of the characters are terrible, and the show is character driven around these terrible characters, instead of focusing on the larger situation at hand: the state of the world and its people at large given this catastrophe.
                        I actually like Charlie and hate Miles. I mean, the whole "The militia are tough soldiers cause I trained them....because I am a badass so they are badasses too". What kind of BS is that?

On Supernatural, Kripke didn't have characters too big for their britches without later slapping them down. Why does Miles get away with being a cliche of an action hero?

Charlie at least has changed much more than Miles has over the course of the season. She's much more level-headed and willing to kill than when she started. The only thing I dislike is the whole "romance" with the militia boy. That started way too soon and without any build or chemistry (see Stargate Universe's Chloe and Scott).

Then for the finale we get Monroe in a helicopter in the most over-the-top ending possible. It just seems like some scenes don't match up with what happens later. And Kripke did a much better job in Supernatural's first season then all of this.

Comment

to be honest, i wouldn't mind if the season came back with monroe mowing them all down with the machine gun, and then starting the back half of the season following completely different/new character someplace else in the world.

Comment

to be honest, i wouldn't mind if the season came back with monroe mowing them all down with the machine gun, and then starting the back half of the season following completely different/new character someplace else in the world.
                            Don't get your hopes up of that happening.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The first Revolution webisode, you can only view if your in the U.S. (unless you do some fancy proxy work)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHkXG1x5tBY

Comment

Didn't look like that webisode revealed much.

Comment

Working...
                                X