No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miles had good intentions when he founded the militia. They(Miles and Monroe) both had good intentions. Miles admits that things went too far though, that he was tired of all the blood. Some of the bad things they did might have been necessary(especially at first) to gain control and keep it; but they ended up going too far. They became oppressive military dictators. Having Miles be the one who started it all, makes it more tragic for both characters, especially Monroe, since he was only following Miles' lead at first.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      Miles had good intentions when he founded the militia. They(Miles and Monroe) both had good intentions. Miles admits that things went too far though, that he was tired of all the blood. Some of the bad things they did might have been necessary(especially at first) to gain control and keep it; but they ended up going too far. They became oppressive military dictators.
      This I can agree with, there's definitely something to being changed so radically that you forget who you are. They really should of mentioned that in the mid-season finale instead of the "family" speech.

Having Miles be the one who started it all, makes it more tragic for both characters, especially Monroe, since he was only following Miles' lead at first.
      This has me thinking; if he did assassinate Monroe then wouldn't someone else take his place; someone like Neville. They both layed the foundation for the Militia but that doesn't mean they can't kill it by chopping off it's head, someone else will just come along to replace it.

Additionally, it would of come up with a new character dynamic for Miles, him regretting the death of Monroe mainly because it thought it would dissolve the Militia; that would of made him more ruthless and given more justification towards the hatred of the "villain".
      Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
        This I can agree with, there's definitely something to being changed so radically that you forget who you are. They really should of mentioned that in the mid-season finale instead of the "family" speech.
        I think Miles mentions something like that during his hallucination in Kashmir, but yeah, it probably would have been better to mention it during the actual confrontation with Monroe in the mid-season finale. I think he only says that Monroe isn't the same person he used to be.
        I don't know if Miles acutually wanted to kill Monroe during their confrontation; I think he still cares for him no matter what he said, or else he would have just shot him instead of saying things to provoke him. I think Miles would only kill Monroe if he's absolutely forced too.

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
        This has me thinking; if he did assassinate Monroe then wouldn't someone else take his place; someone like Neville. They both layed the foundation for the Militia but that doesn't mean they can't kill it by chopping off it's head, someone else will just come along to replace it.

Additionally, it would of come up with a new character dynamic for Miles, him regretting the death of Monroe mainly because it thought it would dissolve the Militia; that would of made him more ruthless and given more justification towards the hatred of the "villain".
        True; though I don't know if Miles thinks that killing Monroe would dissolve the militia, but he might not have thought things through, so he could think that. He might have wanted to take it over himself, or he might have thought that whoever ended up taking over would be better than Monroe.
        I think it might also be intersting if Neville is the one who ends up killing Monroe. Either way Neville would make a good villain.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Unless he has a clone, there's no way it's Monroe flying the helicopter.
          Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          Yup he's standing on the water tower (for now).
          in my view, the events weren't happening concurrently. after miles and monroe had their lover's quarrel, and miles and gang were running away, monroe was stumbling upstairs. he looks down at the bunch of choppers. all during this time, our valiant group is running through the many twists and turns it takes to exit stage left. they didn't run out in less than a minute.
          so by the time they exit and are running through the field, monroe has descended and is in the chopper taking off.
          i don't recall seeing anyone down in the area with the helicopters, so it's not like he could just start barking orders, besides, how would he communicate what he wanted the pilot to do? he doesn't have a radio to tell them. so either way he would have had to go down.

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
          The thing with Monroe is that they want to tell the story about how two really close friends, practically brothers, did so much together and now are at opposite ends.
          the thing is - who cares? we know a general idea of what happened. its run it's course, now lets move on. and every time monroe is on screen i cringe because he's horribly written and horribly acted.
          it's like in the first star wars movie, obi wan tells luke about what happened between him and anakin. it's not something that's fleshed out in uber-detail. then at the end, obi and vader have their reunion, and it ends. the end. the story moves on.

this is a world where so much could be explored. JUST like on Terra Nova. But, they're concentrating on stupid character sub-stories that no one really cares about. Terra Nova promised Dinosaurs, and didn't deliver. It got canned. Rightly so. Revolution promised a future where humans are learning to live all over again, and the struggles that go with it - and that somewhere, someone, might be able to turn the lights back on. I don't care about friends being at odds with each other.

Comment

I'm finally caught up, i really enjoyed the last episode probably the best episode of the series to date

Miles had good intentions when he founded the militia. They(Miles and Monroe) both had good intentions. Miles admits that things went too far though, that he was tired of all the blood. Some of the bad things they did might have been necessary(especially at first) to gain control and keep it; but they ended up going too far. They became oppressive military dictators. Having Miles be the one who started it all, makes it more tragic for both characters, especially Monroe, since he was only following Miles' lead at first.
            I see there confrontation a little differently, i believe that Munroe was following Miles at first but when things escalated Munroe took over

Both Miles and Munroe may have had good intention at the start but Munroe "took it to far" don't they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions?

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
            Monroe's an alright villian, but I wholeheartedly agree with those who say he should have died. It was a good arc. End it.

Remember when Sylar was killed at the end of Heroes season one? Sylar was a great villian, and his death was a perfect end to the season's story. Bringing him back in season two was the worst mistake the show ever made. It was lazy writing. They had plenty of other ideas to mine for new story arcs.
            That may be true, plus if they really wanted Sylar back Heroes was a Sci fi (kinda) show if they really wanted him back they coulda resurrected him in s3 and threw in a big mystery as to whodunit i do agree his involvement in s2 was unnecessary

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
            Monroe's an alright villian, but I wholeheartedly agree with those who say he should have died. It was a good arc. End it.

It's easier to continue writing for the same old characters, but it's not always good story-telling. Kill the character. Let a different character fill the vacuum created by the death. Introduce a new personality, or develop an existing one. (Neville would be interesting as new leader of Monroe militia.) Complicate the story. Enrich it. Don't be safe and boring. That's what I'd tell the Revolution writers.

That said, I still enjoy the series and will surely watch it when it returns next year.
            Maybe a power struggle between Neville & Baker would have been cool

Gus Fring & Lucifer locked in a power struggle
            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 18 December 2012, 11:04 PM.
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

My wife and I can't wait for this show to return in the New Year.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Can't wait for it to come back either . at first I didn't think I would like the show, but it hooked me
                the guy who plays Neville was also a bad guy in Leverage, so I knew he was going to be really bad right from the start. hmmm, wonder if he'll follow his wife's advice and kill Monroe just so he can be in charge?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gem of Tigress View Post
                  wonder if he'll follow his wife's advice and kill Monroe just so he can be in charge?
                  I think they have been building towards that. We know his wife, his defiant son, we know him better than Monroe and now he has taken a dark turn so it makes sense...maybe that'll be the season finale.
                  sigpic

Comment

Finally it's coming the the UK in February on Sky1.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
                      Finally it's coming the the UK in February on Sky1.
                      I hope you end up enjoying it as much as I have thus far.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I hope you end up enjoying it as much as I have thus far.
                        Me too, it looks interesting. I'll certainly tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gem of Tigress View Post
                          hmmm, wonder if he'll follow his wife's advice and kill Monroe just so he can be in charge?
                          With her insistance of doing so, she reminds me of "lord vago's wife" from Chronicles of Riddick.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            With her insistance of doing so, she reminds me of "lord vago's wife" from Chronicles of Riddick.
                            An interesting comparison.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

NBC at TCA: "Deception" and "Revolution" Get Reduced Orders

As for "Revolution," Greenblatt made an off-handed remark during the executive session to "the last 10 episodes" of the season left to air. Said number would put the season total at 20 episodes, two shy of the traditional full season order of 22. A spokesperson subsequently confirmed to me that there are indeed 10 episodes left to air.
                              http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2013/...SViFHhT0kwS.99
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I really hope we will get a season two ! I already miss the show and discuss about it, usually how bad it is but still, it is being discussed. Every show has its failure and sure revolution is full of them but still it is pure fun at least IMO.p and it hasn't reached its potential... I have to say, I have slightly expected something different than we got from the first ten episodes but I still have faith that they will improve the next ten episodes and hopefully find its foot in season two if it gets a chance.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X