No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a patch missing Norrin! - For Mitchell, Carter and O'Neill will need the Air Force wings badge too, which is smaller than the others.
    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

I always wondered why the figures didn't have the air force patch. Maybe because that would require permission from the air force themselves?

Daniel and Teal'c wear the air force wings patch as well. Not sure if Vala eventually does. Have to go back and watch.

Comment

It's probably because they haven't worn the airforce badges all the time?

Comment

Thanks for bringing up the decals. Yes, I do this. I have had an SG-1 and SG-3 team for a while now in 12" Dragon action figures. I shrank down my own patches on my Mac. I scanned them in and figured out the size in 1/6 scale and then in Photoshop changed the size.
          Decal paper for your inkjet printer is available at Staples. Do any of your guys know the official scale of the DST figures. I am guessing 1/10 scale, because 1/9 looks a bit bigger. I have some old WWII figure kits I customized and painted up and they look like a larger guy when lined up with the SG-1 figures. If we know for sure they are 1/10, you can take a scan of real patches and just divide by ten to get the proper size for the decals, or you can measure them on the figures - probably easier....LOL. I go with Millimeters for accurate size in Photoshop.

Hey, I propose a new topic of discussion here as well - our favorite as yet released figure by DST. Only one vote each, so that way everyone can put there choice and still have plenty to pick from.
          My choice, hands down is the Kull Warriors / Super Soldiers of Anubis. I really hope they do one. I'll buy like 4 and have them around Anubis after I get him in June (according to the expected release date).

Comment

Originally posted by SeraphimDavid View Post
            Hey, I propose a new topic of discussion here as well - our favorite as yet released figure by DST. Only one vote each, so that way everyone can put there choice and still have plenty to pick from.
            My choice, hands down is the Kull Warriors / Super Soldiers of Anubis. I really hope they do one. I'll buy like 4 and have them around Anubis after I get him in June (according to the expected release date).

There's already a thread for that somewhere. lol

Plus, we should keep it seperate, so there's a difference between figures we want and figures we intend to make.

Comment

Originally posted by replicator79 View Post
              Here's my entire custom black ops team ready to go offworld

Looks real good replicator79.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                There is a patch missing Norrin! - For Mitchell, Carter and O'Neill will need the Air Force wings badge too, which is smaller than the others.
                Ok Good!
                But where? Is it above the pocket or on the shoulders(like a Rank)?
                While we're at it, does any one have any good sites of Screen Caps for research?
                I found this one but it only has the first few seasons –

Originally posted by roll my blues
                do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

Originally posted by Norrin View Post
                  Ok Good!
                  But where? Is it above the pocket or on the shoulders(like a Rank)?
                  While we're at it, does any one have any good sites of Screen Caps for research?
                  I found this one but it only has the first few seasons –

Annoyingly I can't find a decent pic at present (I am at work, but you can find it on Ebay listings) it is a pair of upturned
                  wings on a black disc that is smaller than the SG1 patch. It is worn under that patch on the right sleeve. There is also a
                  medical star version of this smaller patch that Dr Frasier would wear. - There are also army and navy variants as well, although
                  I don't know if they were used in the series.
                  Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                  Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Attached below is a pic of Daniel wearing the Air Force patch.

I wish I could help you with the screencaps but the closest I've found is this but its not complete and not always episode specific.

http://scifi.about.com/blstargatepix1.htm

I've got to go back to the DVDs again myself. I've forgotten so many details.
                    Attached Files
                    Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

here it is:

and a upclose pic of the patch:

hope this helps.
                      "Daniel?"
                      "For crying out loud!!"
                      "Roddney?"
                      "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

Wow! The customs you guys did look truly awesome. I personally hate painting, but I'm experimenting right now with a dye to make my jacketed black ops T'ealc. I didn't like how the skin tones from Series 1 don't match Series 3 so for my black ops Daniel, I used Mitchell's hands and body so that the skin tone matches black ops Daniel more. I'll let you guys know how the dye process ends up after I'm done. I need to buy some more dye today. I'll post some pics of my customs when I finish them, but they're nothing as elaborate as what some of you guys did. I'm hoping my black ops T'ealc turns out good though.

Comment

QUOTE=Gen. O'Neill;6656712]

hope this helps. [/QUOTE]
                          PERFECT!
                          I've added it to the bunch.
                          I'll get to work on resizing them as soon as I can....

roll my blues – Thanks for the great link! Much better pictures than I was using.
                          Great detail, opened up a ton of new ideas.
                          I can see I’ll have to touch up the weapons some….
                          And Zat Holders!

Maybe someone should send DST this link……

Comment

Thanks HirogenGater! I'm just about finished with my season 10 offworld team as well- just trying to get the right height/look for Vala. That picture reminds me that I still have to touch up Mitchell though

Norrin- I think that you have a great idea! I would love to have air force patches for my season 10 black ops and offworld teams. I attempted to do the decal thing in the past on another project, but it was a disaster.

I'm with you on the zat holsters as well. I have been trying to come up with a way to make them, the pistol holsters, and the pistol belt that everything attaches to. It would really complete the look of the offworld teams.

Does anyone own any of McFarlane's Military figures? They look like they have alot of parts that could be utilized, but I'm wondering how they compare scale wise, which parts are removable, etc. Thanks!
                            Last edited by replicator79; 10 May 2007, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by replicator79 View Post
                              Does anyone own any of McFarlane's Military figures? They look like they have alot of parts that could be utilized, but I'm wondering how they compare scale wise, which parts are removable, etc. Thanks!
                              I've been thinking the same thing. I have a few. Some, but not all, parts are removable. Might be able to use the helmets, definitely the weapons.
                              They don't have too much articulation, kinda like little plastic statues. But the scale is close. And, if you have a KB toy outlet near you, you should be able to pick some up for around $5!

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. O'Neill View Post
                                here it is:

hope this helps.
                                Hi Guys,
                                Great info coming through for us all,
                                Just one question though,has anyone else noticed but Daniel and Teal'c are wearing SGC patches in this photo as well,anyone able to elabourate as to why this is so,
                                I haven't seen every episode of all the series so I'm a bit in the dark on this one......
                                Kindest regards
                                Tys
                                Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
                                Thor: O'Neill.
                                Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
                                Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
                                Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X