No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday (the 13th!)!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    And I need a better news source as I missed this, twice apparently, as I searched it up and it looks like it made a splash back in May as well. Don't think badly of me, but I had quite the laugh I tried to imagine our current stoic and conservative American policy makers drafting such advice, especially when they address polyamorous "knuffelaars" (though I feel badly for any trios negatively impacted there). All that being said, I suspect now when I hear someone casually mention their quarantine teams my mind will go somewhere else for a beat.
    *snorts*

Non-fiction. I wasn't paying attention and realized they were all non-fiction holds that came in. Trading the wine for coffee, but yes...the weekend will be lovely. (TN game was cancelled due to covid)
    D'oh!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The best story I have about the grandmother that lived with us is this: I was maybe 4 or 5 and my grandmother used to watch me while my mom and dad worked. One time I called my mother at work to say "will you tell your mother to take her medicine?" My mom said she could just picture me with a hand on my hip and everything. It was a joke about who actually watched who during those days.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          The best story I have about the grandmother that lived with us is this: I was maybe 4 or 5 and my grandmother used to watch me while my mom and dad worked. One time I called my mother at work to say "will you tell your mother to take her medicine?" My mom said she could just picture me with a hand on my hip and everything. It was a joke about who actually watched who during those days.
          LMAO! That's such an awesome story, and I can totally picture it too!

In other news, here's this week's College Football Roundup: Virginia Tech fell to Miami 25-24, USC beat Arizona 34-30, Tennessee and Navy both had their games postponed, and Air Force's game was canceled. On to next week!

Comment

Random note: it's remarkable how many people in old photos forget to smile.

I LOL'd through the stack of old, B/W pictures Dad brought with him yesterday. I hardly recognized anyone from his side of the family, except for my grandfather. His ears were a distinctive feature. My grandmother was half of an identical twin so that was 50/50. SMILE PEOPLE! Nothing wrong with a wee smile.

And also, tiny me... when I was still cute and cuddly.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Random note: it's remarkable how many people in old photos forget to smile.

I LOL'd through the stack of old, B/W pictures Dad brought with him yesterday. I hardly recognized anyone from his side of the family, except for my grandfather. His ears were a distinctive feature. My grandmother was half of an identical twin so that was 50/50. SMILE PEOPLE! Nothing wrong with a wee smile.
              Hah! Isn't that funny? I wonder if it's an unconscious holdover from when one had to sit/stand perfectly still for really really old photographs.

And also, tiny me... when I was still cute and cuddly.
              Awwww!

Comment

So... where were we on The Office Saga.

Oh yes, I remember... that second package...

Chapter VII

Spoiler:
                It had taken the better part of the afternoon but Elizabeth had managed to put all the items back into the box. Most of it had survived the mishandling, except for a package of corn -- she was going to keep finding missing kernels, of that she was sure -- and the bag of nacho chips had been crushed under the weight of the Westvleteren. It was still intact but the pieces would definitely be smaller than when they went into the box the first time round.

She had planned to surprise him for his birthday but an off-world mission had thrown a wrench in that idea so she had to postpone presenting him with the goodies. It wasn't until after the nth Atlantis crisis, much gathering of dust later and stubbing her big toe twice that she remembered the box sitting underneath her desk in her quarters.

"Evening Elizabeth", he said when she appeared at his door, holding out the box in front of her.

"Evening," Elizabeth replied.

"Is that for me?"

Elizabeth thrust the box forward and into his open arms.

"A thank you for all the help you've been given me lately, and before."

"Cool."

John took the box to his bed and sat down, eagerly prying it open to see what was inside. He patted the empty space behind the box, indicating Elizabeth should come and sit down for a bit.

Elizabeth watched John unpack his goodies, quite different from Kate who had been more cautious and probably a little bit more suspicious about the diplomat's motives. He, on the other hand, was eagerly turning every package over and mm'd appreciatively at the six bottles of Westvleteren, of which he offered her one.

"Oh no, I shouldn't," she started to protest, resisting the offer, but he was having none of it.

"When was the last time you relaxed? Like really relaxed?"

Elizabeth opened her mouth, frowned and closed it again. He was right. It had been too long since she had been able to really relax, as he put it.

"Okay fine," she took the bottle from him. "Just one then."

"Good morning!"

Elizabeth pried both eyes open at the sound of his voice, appearing from right next to her. She was still in his quarters, sharing his bed.

"Slept well?"

Elizabeth frowned, quickly checked underneath the covers, assuring herself she was dressed.

"We didn't," he waved his hand in the general direction of his bed as he made his way over to his desk, usually standing in the corner but for the occasion dragged to the middle of the room, where breakfast was being served.

"That second bottle did you in."

Elizabeth turned to the nightstand where half a bottle of Westvleteren stood forgotten.

"Must have been more tired than I thought," she smiled sheepishly.

"Mmm," he agreed, smiling a tiny smile. "Coffee?"

He poured a cup.

"To get through another busy day."

"Yes, please."

Elizabeth hopped out of bed, joining him at the table.

Again, unbeta'd cause they are written on the fly, as it were.

Previous installments:

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Chapter VII

Spoiler:
                  It had taken the better part of the afternoon but Elizabeth had managed to put all the items back into the box. Most of it had survived the mishandling, except for a package of corn -- she was going to keep finding missing kernels, of that she was sure -- and the bag of nacho chips had been crushed under the weight of the Westvleteren. It was still intact but the pieces would definitely be smaller than when they went into the box the first time round.

She had planned to surprise him for his birthday but an off-world mission had thrown a wrench in that idea so she had to postpone presenting him with the goodies. It wasn't until after the nth Atlantis crisis, much gathering of dust later and stubbing her big toe twice that she remembered the box sitting underneath her desk in her quarters.

"Evening Elizabeth", he said when she appeared at his door, holding out the box in front of her.

"Is that for me?"

"Cool."

John took the box to his bed and sat down, eagerly prying it open to see what was inside. He patted the empty space behind the box, indicating Elizabeth should come and sit down for a bit.

Elizabeth watched John unpack his goodies, quite different from Kate who had been more cautious and probably a little bit more suspicious about the diplomat's motives. He, on the other hand, was eagerly turning every package over and mm'd appreciatively at the six bottles of Westvleteren, of which he offered her one.

"Oh no, I shouldn't," she started to protest, resisting the offer, but he was having none of it.

Elizabeth opened her mouth, frowned and closed it again. He was right. It had been too long since she had been able to really relax, as he put it.

"Good morning!"

Elizabeth pried both eyes open at the sound of his voice, appearing from right next to her. She was still in his quarters, sharing his bed.

"Slept well?"

Elizabeth frowned, quickly checked underneath the covers, assuring herself she was dressed.

"We didn't," he waved his hand in the general direction of his bed as he made his way over to his desk, usually standing in the corner but for the occasion dragged to the middle of the room, where breakfast was being served.

Elizabeth turned to the nightstand where half a bottle of Westvleteren stood forgotten.

He poured a cup.

"Yes, please."

Previous installments:
                  *incoherent screaming* Those two dorks. Absolute, total DORKS.
                  Spoiler:
                  She got him popcorn! And that Westvleteren sounds like dangerous stuff. Even though it's Smut Day, they managed to dodge the Smut Bunnies! LOL!
                  What a fantastic new chapter!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    *incoherent screaming* Those two dorks. Absolute, total DORKS.
                    Spoiler:
                    She got him popcorn! And that Westvleteren sounds like dangerous stuff. Even though it's Smut Day, they managed to dodge the Smut Bunnies! LOL!
                    What a fantastic new chapter!
                    Nothing compared to a Duvel (dialect for devil), I imagine, or a Mort Subite (freely translated to Instant Death) but it's Belgian beer so it has a certain impact on foreigners.

To be fair, I don't have the first clue what sort of impact Belgian beer has on a non-Belgian cause I, myself, don't drink it so I wouldn't even survive one bottle.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Nothing compared to a Duvel (dialect for devil), I imagine, or a Mort Subite (freely translated to Instant Death) but it's Belgian beer so it has a certain impact on foreigners.

To be fair, I don't have the first clue what sort of impact Belgian beer has on a non-Belgian cause I, myself, don't drink it so I wouldn't even survive one bottle.
                      Oh dear...

Comment

Chapter VII

Spoiler:

"Is that for me?"

"Cool."

"Good morning!"

"Slept well?"

He poured a cup.

"Yes, please."

Previous installments:

Yes! So excited to read this. Love, love, love. Thanks for making my day brighter.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Yes! So excited to read this. Love, love, love. Thanks for making my day brighter.
                          You're welcome.

I don't know exactly how long they're going to go for, but as long as I have some form of inspiration, I'll probably have another office saga chapter ready.

Maybe I should touch upon worker representation next, since we have our social elections coming up next week -- representation from the unions in the company and I'm a candidate. Don't expect to be elected but it's important to have representation at the management table.

I wonder how Atlantis personnel are represented.... mmm...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

You're welcome.

I don't know exactly how long they're going to go for, but as long as I have some form of inspiration, I'll probably have another office saga chapter ready.

Maybe I should touch upon worker representation next, since we have our social elections coming up next week -- representation from the unions in the company and I'm a candidate. Don't expect to be elected but it's important to have representation at the management table.

I wonder how Atlantis personnel are represented.... mmm...
                            Hmm, sounds like another plot bunny is knocking on the door!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Hmm, sounds like another plot bunny is knocking on the door!
                              I have a feeling McKay's not going to be a in a good mood after it.
                              Or Kavanagh, if he's still around.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I have a feeling McKay's not going to be a in a good mood after it.
                                Or Kavanagh, if he's still around.
                                Oh now THIS I have got to see!

Comment

Working...
                                X