This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saddest SG-1 Episodes

Tell us what episodes you think to be the saddest, and give a brief explanation for each. I'll start it off:

Meridian: Daniel dies.
    Heroes: Dr. Frasier dies.
    Unending: Final SG-1 Ep., and the Asgards die

those are just a few that popped into my head atm.
    I am Thor, Sumpreme Commander of The Asgard Fleet.

"We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall.

I think you named the number one ones

But Unending takes the cake with this one

The Asgard die for goodness sake the race that has always had our backs are now gone I mean Thor was a toal BA and now is dead I will miss him more then anyone else
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Off the top of my head:-

(SPOILERS)
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      Learning Curve- The scene at the end when the entire Orban society had changed for the better thanks to Merrin's decision to return to share what she had learnt with them. And the final scene where O'Neill began drawing pictures with her, while saying 'Let's get to know one another all over again....'

Holiday- Ma'chello thanking Daniel Jackson for the 'holiday' just before passing on.

Forever in a Day- Sha're's death and Daniels acceptance of it

Last Stand- Lt. Elliott and Lantash's last stand. Probably my fave ending shot in any SG-1 episode to date.

Meridian- Daniel deciding to move on, and O'Neill's final conversation with him. 'See you around?'

Abyss- Ascended Daniel being tormented over not being able to intervene while Ba'al was torturing and murdering Jack over and over. Oh yeah, and the final scene where Jack was recuperating, and he quietly thanked Daniel.

Heroes Part II- Janet Frasier

The Fourth Horseman Part II- 'If I help them, I will die.....BUT I WILL DIE FREE!' Coolest. SG-1. Death. IMO. Oh yeah, and Orlin's final fate, that dude was just helluva selfless. ;_;

Unending- No explanation needed for this one.
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      (SPOILERS)
      Last edited by Lord of Nightmares; 09 October 2007, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Guys. . . .spoilers.

Comment

Heroes Part II had me in tears.
          My favs:

Comment

Meridian... and Lifeline, when the guys kids' consciousness surfaces and he has to tell him what's going to happen...

Comment

I thought all seasons of SG-1 were in syndication and didn't need spoilers?

Well, I don't know if they're the saddest episodes, but here are some that had some truly heart-wrenching moments for me:

Cold Lazarus-Can't remember this one too well, but I remember really finding the ending where Jack says goodbye to his son sad.

Secrets-I guess the whole idea behind it is heartbreaking for me...Daniel finally getting Sha're back only to lose her again.

All of these for character deaths:
              Forever In a Day
              Meridian
              Heroes, Pt.2

The Quest Pt.2
              -I guess it's not horribly sad...but it's still an emotional episode to watch (with Daniel's deterioration and Vala/Cam looking on helplessly)

Unending
              -It's the final episode, and for all of the reasons mentioned above.

-Stef
              Last edited by Stef; 10 October 2007, 06:03 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

For me off the top of my head (I haven't seen season's 8 or 10 yet)

-Cold Lazarus definately..the whole scene where the alien is at Sara's house...even if it's not Jack it's heartbreaking.
                -Enemy Within - I really liked Kawalsky and the interaction between Jack and him was so positive and the whole helplessness of the situation and his eventual death was sad.
                - Singularity - elevator scene.
                - In the Line of Duty - also very shudder worthy but the ending where things aren't resolved leaves me feeling sad.
                - Fire and Water - happy ending but when they think Daniel is dead I'm sad.
                - Forever in a Day - losing Sha're
                - Meridian - Daniel going...making choices...his sadness and everyone elses
                - Lifeline - for an ep that is mostly two people in one room it is amazingly powerful and there is no happy ending really.
                - Heroes - pbvious...*sniffle*
                - Gamekeeper - found this oddly saddening, given the opportunity to change (even if not for real) horrible experiences in your past sounds kinda ideal but it is heartbreaking to watch.
                - Abyss - Jack finally reaching the point of no return.
                - Last Stand - several scenes in this had me sniffling, there's the loss of Lantash and Elliot and also the scene where the tunnels get hit and Carter looks up from where she is covering someone and realises they're dead.
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Yeah Unending is definatly the clear winner here. [rant] Made even sadder by the fact that they used RDA for The Real World instead of this when that could have been Landry, Hammond, or even Lt Col Samuels for cryin out loud! I know at that time they didn't know about the cancelation, but Unending is one of like four or five SG-1 eps that could have used RDA better than TRW. [/rant] Any way back on topic... Heroes and Meridian were sad too.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                    I know at that time they didn't know about the cancelation, but Unending is one of like four or five SG-1 eps that could have used RDA better than TRW.
                    I agree. though I still like TRW as a Atlantis episode. but having had O'Neill in Unending would've been so much fun and just felt right (at least to me)

anyway sad episodes that come to mind are obviously Heroes, Meridian and Unending. and though it's not a sad episode I was kinda sad after the season 8 finale since I already knew RDA would leave the show.
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Solitudes that ep got me
                      Secrets same as Stef
                      Forever In A Day the hardest part for me was the scenes between Daniel and Teal'c I was just tearing up
                      Meridian Same as every one else
                      Singularity - elevator scene.
                      Gamekeeper - found this oddly saddening, given the opportunity to change (even if not for real) horrible experiences in your past sounds kinda ideal but it is heartbreaking to watch.
                      ITA agree with both of those poor Daniel and Jack in Gamekeeper and my favorite Sam ep is Singularity she let us in there
                      I agree about Asgaurd in Unending it is sad
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Cold Lazarus is the one that really gets me. Heroes, Meridian. Those would be the main ones.
                        sigpic
                        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I for one didn 't find Unending sad. I was more pissed off than sad - no Jack (not a mention), killing off the Asgards (WTF???)

Comment

I might also add in Need to that list for SG1..

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
                              I for one didn 't find Unending sad. I was more pissed off than sad - no Jack (not a mention), killing off the Asgards (WTF???)
                              I'll second that.

Back on topic:
                              Abyss - Jack's struggle to remain true to himself at any cost, him asking Daniel to "end it", the "you are wrong" scene
                              Heroes p2 - Janet, no explanation needed

These would be the main ones, off the top of my head. I remember I shed a tear when I watched Meridian for the first time, but, strangely, I don't find it very sad...
                              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                              sigpic
                              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                              X