The Pandorica Opens (3112/512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

"Vortex manipulator, fresh off the wrist of a handsome time agent...I said off the wrist." Don't suppose it could have been that Time Agent, could it? Probably not. But you never know...

Very first words in recorded history: "Hello Sweetie". Genius. Pure, Moffat-y genius.

"I hate good wizards in fairy tales. They always turn out to be him." Brilliant. Love it.
    Fab dialogue

Just in awe of this epic episode, won't be able to sleep!
    I want next week nooow! 1000 out of 10

Comment

"Coincidences should never be ignored unless you are too busy". That ep was fantastic and I have know idea how they will resolve this one with Amy shot, the Doctor in the Pandorica, the TARDIS about too explode and all those super novas. It just beggers belief.

Comment

The voice that keeps saying 'Silence will fall' - Teddybrown Billz said it might be Davros (and it sounds fairly similar), but I can't help but think I've heard it somewhere before. I don't think it's the multiform, I think that sounded different from what I can remember. The fact that it sounds like Emperor Palpatine doesn't help...anybody got any ideas? The Dream Lord? Valeyard? Davros? Palpatine in shock Doctor Who-Star Wars crossover episode?

OH WAIT! What if the Pandorica isn't what we think it is when we found it isn't what we thought it was...I mean...what if it is to keep the Doctor safe?! What if he is the only one who can undo the cracks, the supernovas, the TARDIS exploding, Amy's apparent death and so on, what if it's just another layer of deception? If the Doctor was that much of a threat - why didn't they just kill him?!?
        Last edited by Sealurk; 19 June 2010, 03:50 PM. Reason: Attributed quote to the right person and made less exciteable
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
          I shall now refer t it as the Evil League of Evil, just because I can
          I bet Bad Horse is the mastermind behind it all!

Comment

OH WAIT! What if the Pandorica isn't what we think it is when we found it isn't what we thought it was...I mean...what if it is to keep the Doctor safe?! What if he is the only one who can undo the cracks, the supernovas, the TARDIS exploding, Amy's apparent death and so on, what if it's just another layer of deception?
            I like it!

Very good episode.... can't wait til next week!

Comment

The voice that keeps saying 'Silence will fall' - Teddybrown said it might be Davros (and it sounds fairly similar), but I can't help but think I've heard it somewhere before. I don't think it's the multiform, I think that sounded different from what I can remember. The fact that it sounds like Emperor Palpatine doesn't help...anybody got any ideas? The Dream Lord? Valeyard? Davros? Palpatine in shock Doctor Who-Star Wars crossover episode?

OH WAIT! What if the Pandorica isn't what we think it is when we found it isn't what we thought it was...I mean...what if it is to keep the Doctor safe?! What if he is the only one who can undo the cracks, the supernovas, the TARDIS exploding, Amy's apparent death and so on, what if it's just another layer of deception? If the Doctor was that much of a threat - WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST KILL HIM?!?
              You misquote me Sealurk
              I did not say he sounded like Davros, that was Billz
              I disagreed with him as to it sounding like Davros, and i said i didnt really want them to be the focus of who created the cracks
              This is what i said: Im kind of hoping the Daleks or Davros dont have anything to do with the cracks because they have been the main focus of the finales for a while. (When the Daleks materialized in the chamber, i kind of groaned because i thought they were going to take the main bad guy role till all the other baddies came in)

You just reminded me on who i thought it sounded like! Emperor Palpatine!!
              But i also think i recognise it from somewhere in the series, i may be wrong though
              Id laugh if they did a Star Wars Doctor Who crossover and it was his idea to erase the whole timeline of Star Wars and make it so Anakin was never born so he couldnt throw him off the balcony and he was Emperor still, but the Doctor arrives and stops Palpatine from doing this, maybe throw in some Dalek vs Jedi action

On a more serious note...
              I like your idea that they lock him up to keep him safe from the cracks, or that they lock him up to try and stop him from detonating the Tardis, but it leads to him being protected, as in it wasnt their original intention, but it happens
              But I also read that who I believe to be Amy has to stop everything from happening because the Tardis has been destroyed and the Doctor isnt around
              Quote: The Doctor is gone, the Tardis has been destroyed, and the universe is collapsing. The only hope for all reality is a little girl who still believes in stars

Also, i forgot to say in my posts, I think it was very nice to see most of the Doctor Who baddies in one place, all co operating together to trap the Doctor, hopefully we see more of them together in the next episode
              And also, how awkward is the conversation between the Doctor and Rory when the Doctor realises that the Roman is Rory lol, he talks to him then it snaps that its Rory lol
              Also occured to me that River Song must survive this because she knows about it in Flesh and Stone and tells the Doctor that she will see him there, and she is also imprisoned which could be her imprisonment for killing a man
              Last edited by Teddybrown; 19 June 2010, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                You misquote me Sealurk
                I did not say he sounded like Davros, that was Billz
                You're absolutely right, I apologise to both of you, I meant to go back and check but got very excited about my Pandorica theory as evidenced by the caps lock. My bad!
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Lol, its ok
                  Quite a good theory too

Comment

Well what can be said about that? That pretty much blows all the RTD cliffhangers out of the water for starters. I know every season we all kinda go "OMG! HOW IS THE DOCTOR GONNA SAVE THE UNIVERSE!?" But this time it was just a case of the Doctor being in the worst posistion he's ever been in. You know you're in real trouble when even the most evil beings in the whole universe want to save it from you.........too bad they're wrong..........
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Brilliant.......Brilliant.....Brilliant!!! Bloody Brilliant

My thoughts

Okkkkkkkkk so heres my theory, the TARDIS explodes because it doesnt sense the Doctor's Presence anymore because his trapped in the Pandorica (wouldnt that be an epic facepalm moment for all the villains ) , i dont think it was anything that River did (or maybe it could be?), or maybe that voice had something to do with it

LOVED seeing Rory again but he was an Auton as for amy being shot im thinking theres either going to be a reset button in the big bang, or she will regenerate right at the end of the episode (que season 6?) it was funny how the doctor was talking to Rory like nothing had ever happened and then after like 5 minutes he was like hang on

LOVED seeing all of the doctor's villains band together to stop the doctor from causing the cracks in the universe

oh and at the holucenogenic lipstick, River is more awesome with each passing episode for s6 i would like her to ask the doctor how she died, i think that would be cool seeing his reactions, i would also like some sort explanation as to why they keep meeting each other in the wrong time periods

Lastly the Cyberman were awesome
                      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 19 June 2010, 05:31 PM.
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Incase anyone is interested, concerning the events of 5x12, i re-watched The Eleventh Hour.

At the end, before the Doctor returns for Amy the night before her wedding, it shows young Amelia, sat in the garden on her suitcase, she hears the TARDIS' engines and looks up smiling.

How can we be hearing the engines of the TARDIS THEN if he didnt return for 12 years

N.C

Comment

have to agree wow, can't wait for next week

little thing that might just be me, because river song is played by alex kingston whenever shes on screen i always think of the arsenal and cameroon footballer alex song

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                            Lastly the Cyberman were awesome
                            I think that might be the first time those exact words have been used in conjuncture since some time in the 1980's.

I gotta say I do love the conversation between Rory and The Doctor when he first realises he's alive again.
                            "So how've you been?"
                            "Good"
                            "Rory...I don't mean to be rude...but...you died....."
                            I definately am starting to think Rory and The Doctor actually make a pretty awesome team. I mean I know Rory is pretty much just the tag along but he does his best to help the Doctor and trusts him completely. I think it's a shame he hasn't been in more episodes this season.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              I think that might be the first time those exact words have been used in conjuncture since some time in the 1980's.

I gotta say I do love the conversation between Rory and The Doctor when he first realises he's alive again.
                              "So how've you been?"
                              "Good"
                              "Rory...I don't mean to be rude...but...you died....."
                              I definately am starting to think Rory and The Doctor actually make a pretty awesome team. I mean I know Rory is pretty much just the tag along but he does his best to help the Doctor and trusts him completely. I think it's a shame he hasn't been in more episodes this season.
                              The disembodied Cyberman was awesome it fought Amy and the Doctor umm single handedly (sorry couldnt resist)

Oh and am i the only one who thought of the Borg when it said you will be assimiliated?
                              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 19 June 2010, 07:24 PM.
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Okay, I think someone will have to mop up my computer, because my mind exploded in sheer awesomeness from this episode. Wow, the opening itself was bloody fantastic (Holy hell - Jack got his arm chopped off somewhere along the line? I wonder how he'll get back to Earth without his Manipulator...), LOVED the reappearances of everyone this season, as well as how this episode referenced damn near EVERY episode. We had Eleventh Hour, Beast Below, Victory of the Daleks, Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone, Vampires in Venice, Amy's Choice, The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood, Vincent and the Doctor, The Lodger... all leading up to this fantastic episode.

Wow, I'm pretty twtichy right now! I had a few moments of "oh thank God" when it was revealed that the Daleks weren't solely responsible for all the stuff this year (They're too overused, IMO) and when Rory turned out to just be an Auton (Best explanation ever?). Shame the Tardis blew up, River inside... I can't wait to see how it all pans out.

EDIT: Don't know why I automatically suggested Jack got his arm chopped off, but "handsome time agent", the bar looking like the one we last saw Jack in... Nah, on second thought, I'm going to say it was some other mook.
                                Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 19 June 2010, 10:00 PM.
                                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                                X