This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I read that on GOPUSA, and a lot of people were saying what a dunce she was..

Comment

Yeah, but why should I have to pay for someone else's lifeboat??
      Because you don't want to be the one left behind because there is no more room.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Because you don't want to be the one left behind because there is no more room.
        But what if I don't use it?
        I'm not paying for someone else's safety net!!
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

But what if I don't use it?
          I'm not paying for someone else's safety net!!
          You wanna go down with the ship?
          Fine, go down with the ship... ...but at least allow others the choice to save themselves.

Btw, I don't think we're paying extra for lifeboats.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Reminds me of the lady who sued McDonalds when she spilled coffee on her
            That lawsuit was actually justified. The point wasn't who spilled the coffee, but that McDonalds' coffee was served so hot it could cause serious injuries (in her case, third-degree burns that required hospitalization and skin grafting) if spilled. During the trial, it was revealed that McDonalds received and settled over 700 cases of varying-severety burns from spilled coffee in ten years, and the defense actually conceded that McDonalds coffee would cause serious burns to mouth and throat if consumed when served.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Didn't anybody tell these people that coffee is generally served HOT!!

No seriously, how stupid are these people really... It boggles the mind.

Comment

Speaking of actual boneheadedness, I could SO tell some stories from my travel agent experience.

One girl, a customer of ours, took a taxi somewhere in Mexico after having smoked some local weed. Some time into the trip she became paranoid of her driver and called her father in Israel. Her father called our travel agency and demanded that we change his daughter's driver. I kid you not.

A more recent case involved a couple who had a huge fight in the plane just before take-off. The woman, out of spite, faked illness and forced the airline crew to let them off the plane. They thought they'd just take the next one, as if an international flight is a train or an elevator. Then they spent several hours calling our agency over and over again, screaming at us, insulting anyone they talked to and spamming up our Facebook with libelous complaints because we told them that changing their flight was going to cost them some $200 per ticket. When they finally realized that they had to pay or they would lose $2000 that they paid for the original tickets, we tried to change their flights... and couldn't, because the airline had them marked in the system as unfit to fly for medical reasons, and required a medical statement to the contrary in order to allow them to board.

P.S. And don't get me started on name spelling in airline tickets. NEVER book from your phone or tablet, and if you must book from one, at least SWITCH OFF THE AUTO CORRECT. We've seen a man named Dimitry corrected to "Dirty", Jacob to "Takeover" and "Paulette" to "Toilet".
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

You wanna go down with the ship?
                  Fine, go down with the ship... ...but at least allow others the choice to save themselves.
                  No, I morally oppose their choice!!
                  Btw, I don't think we're paying extra for lifeboats.
                  Of course you are, it's factored into some federal tax on the poor company, and they pass it along to us, and the government has no right to make me pay for your lifeboat.
                  What kind of commie logic are you using here, it's obvious!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                    Speaking of actual boneheadedness, I could SO tell some stories from my travel agent experience.
                    I bet you could probably write a good book. And then people will read it and without a doubt smack themselves when they realize that "Oh... *blush* ...sounds familiar."

P.S. And don't get me started on name spelling in airline tickets. NEVER book from your phone or tablet, and if you must book from one, at least SWITCH OFF THE AUTO CORRECT. We've seen a man named Dimitry corrected to "Dirty", Jacob to "Takeover" and "Paulette" to "Toilet".
                    Awkward moments...

No, I morally oppose their choice!!

Of course you are, it's factored into some federal tax on the poor company, and they pass it along to us, and the government has no right to make me pay for your lifeboat.
                    What kind of commie logic are you using here, it's obvious!!
                    On second thought, you're probably right.

Comment

Of course, I know you're being sarcastic, but it is nice to see that you have learned a little about how taxation works and who ends up paying them regardless of whom the tax is levied on. As I've said several time, it always impacts the middle class much more than it does the intended target.

Comment

That's what usually happens when you allow a machine to do your job for you without oversight.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          Of course, I know you're being sarcastic, but it is nice to see that you have learned a little about how taxation works and who ends up paying them regardless of whom the tax is levied on. As I've said several time, it always impacts the middle class much more than it does the intended target.
                          Not my point, but I will keep trying.
                          sigpic

Comment

So, you'd rather the middle class goes down with the ship than that there are enough lifeboats?

Comment

Didn't anybody tell these people that coffee is generally served HOT!!

No seriously, how stupid are these people really... It boggles the mind.
                              Not when you consider that they live in a society which has gone to great lengths to insulate people from the consequences of stupid choices for damn near half a century.
                              If people and corporations are not made to face the consequences of their stupid choices, there is no incentive for them to make better choices in the future. They just come to expect that if they do something stupid, the taxpayers will pick up the tab.

Comment

Not when you consider that they live in a society which has gone to great lengths to insulate people from the consequences of stupid choices for damn near half a century.
                                He's right FH, Blue states are still paying for the dumb decisions of red states.
                                Damn Blue states!!!
                                If people and corporations are not made to face the consequences of their stupid choices, there is no incentive for them to make better choices in the future.
                                Corporations face no consequences, they are "job creators", so don't you dare stop pandering to them.
                                They just come to expect that if they do something stupid, the taxpayers will pick up the tab.
                                Yep, they still are, Like building a wall between Mexico and the US. It won't be the Mexicans paying, it will be the Texans. sounds like a perfect time for a state to pull it's weight for what it wants.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X