This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfax View Post
    Unwise decision on his part, can only hope there is some 'political' backroom deal to get the kid out
    This is merely "unwise" in your eyes? I would hate to see what you consider boneheaded.

Comment

I can be a major bonehead myself, at times, so I was trying to put it in a nice perspective. Really his mistake shouldn't cost him 15 yrs, but that is of course coming from a person from the 'west'. Maybe they considered the sentence just to gain attention, 'politically' speaking the N Koreans do this with captured westeners then release them a year later, remember the Korean war vet a few yrs back.
      sigpic

Comment

In the natural world, stupidity has consequences. Granted, in the US, they very rarely have to be faced, because our society goes to great extremes to insulate people from the consequences of stupid choices, so many have forgotten this basic fact of life.

And traveling to an authoritarian society that is not only hostile to us but is actively engaging in sabre rattling in our direction rates right up there with jumping off a cliff or out of an airplane on the stupidity scale. You should not expect to survive the experience.

He may indeed become a pawn in a prisoner trade game, but it's just as likely they'll kill him.

Comment

True, very true. Death will come to him either way, if he survives hard labor in a gulag then he will not be the same, either way death will come to him, phycologically or physically
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            In the natural world, stupidity has consequences. Granted, in the US, they very rarely have to be faced
            you kidding right? in that country commoners risk death just for taking off their baseball hat

Comment

They do, but it dosnt help when the US state dept still issues visa for that country, and their (NK) equals except the visa's
              sigpic

Comment

I've got one

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/w-v...PD?form=PRHPTP

I understand teenagers make decisions but I can't think how anyone thought this was a good idea. Even the round tip arrows can cause damage if they hit you
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

With kids that age, many times it just hasn't sunk in yet that they can be killed.

Comment

Let em play in some quicksand. It will sink in!~
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

They believe to be invincible.... and then they're not.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        They believe to be invincible.... and then they're not.
                        Then blame everyone/everything else when they DO get injured.. Such as that mother several years back who sued the train company cause her kids decided to break into a train yard, climbed over several fences with warning signs on saying "Warning overhead powerlines can cause death", then got shocked after they climbed ONTO the trains, and touched those wires...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Then blame everyone/everything else when they DO get injured.. Such as that mother several years back who sued the train company cause her kids decided to break into a train yard, climbed over several fences with warning signs on saying "Warning overhead powerlines can cause death", then got shocked after they climbed ONTO the trains, and touched those wires...
                          Reminds me of the lady who sued McDonalds when she spilled coffee on her
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Reminds me of the lady who sued McDonalds when she spilled coffee on her
                            And now it says "hot liquid inside"... kinda like the Titanic sinking and then they installed lifeboats for all passengers.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              And now it says "hot liquid inside"... kinda like the Titanic sinking and then they installed lifeboats for all passengers.
                              Yeah, but why should I have to pay for someone else's lifeboat??
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Comment not needed:
                                http://news.yahoo.com/pro-gun-mum-co...144925042.html
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X