Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the first episode a lot, I hope this show does well.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
      That's weird, I can watch it without any problems at all, and I live in Sweden. Seems a bit strange that it's blocked in your countries but not over here...
      Yeah, but Cairi and I live in Germany. And we can't watch it here ;( What a pity. It would have been the perfect start for my weekend. ;(
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
        Curious observation - they place her in a wardrobe that transports her to our world from a magical world...that's very Narnian IMO. I wonder if that's a nod to C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia (which could also be considered a fairy tale I think)?
        I couldn't resist and watched it last night (I'll watch it again on my TV - the visuals deserve a bigger screen!), and that is EXACTLY what I thought! A nod to C.S. Lewis - I loved that bit.
        sigpic
        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
          I couldn't resist and watched it last night (I'll watch it again on my TV - the visuals deserve a bigger screen!), and that is EXACTLY what I thought! A nod to C.S. Lewis - I loved that bit.
          You know I totally envy you now??
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
            You know I totally envy you now??
            Are you going to be able to see the show (I can't remember where you are)? I'm thinking it will be good - an interesting show to follow.

Of course, I'm 99% certain it will get canceled after 1 season, if it is at all good and if I like it.

Maybe I should not watch it, to protect it from cancellation? Since I seem to be the kiss of death . . .
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by greytop View Post
              Once Upon A Time is a new Fantasy/Drama show that starts on ABC this Sunday. So far, that I know of, it has two Stargate stars in the Pilot of the series.

Mr. Gold.....................Robert Carlye
              Black Knight...............James "BamBam' Bamford

Note to the mods: If you think that this thread belongs to another threads, please move it.
              I won't get mad it you do.
              I watched the pilot back in the summer at Comic Con. If BamBam is in it, you can't really see him. The knights are pretty costumed up.

And Robert Carlyle is a series regular. He'll be in more than just the pilot

My pics from the One Upon a Time Comic Con panel

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3324525...7627182340655/

possible spoilers in images below

Jennifer Morrison and I during the filming of the pilot last year

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3324525...57624861530393

then again during ep 2's shooting

Robert Carlyle and I during ep 4's filming

Falling Skies' Jessy Schram and I during ep 4. She was guest starring as Cinderella

Thor's Josh Dallas who plays Prince Charming. This pic was during ep 6's filming

Jamie Dornan who plays the sheriff. This was at the Once Upon a Cure event recently when almost the entire cast was attending. Jennifer Morrison took this photo of he and I hehe

Comment

Are you going to be able to see the show (I can't remember where you are)? I'm thinking it will be good - an interesting show to follow.

Of course, I'm 99% certain it will get canceled after 1 season, if it is at all good and if I like it.

Maybe I should not watch it, to protect it from cancellation? Since I seem to be the kiss of death . . .
                Stop thinking like that!!!!

I really hope, the show won't be cancelled! Not again a show I'll surely love!

I live in Germany, that's why I couldn't watch the pilot ;(
                I hope someone will upload the show on youtube, so that I can watch it. Otherwise I would have to wait til it starts in Germany and only God know, how long that's gonna take. I won't survive ;( I don't wanna wait any longer!!!
                sigpic

Comment

ABC had better not cancel it. They already pulled that on No Ordinary Family and if they do it with this I'll never watch another genre show on ABC again (not until it gets like 4 seasons at least).
                  That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                    IMbD has the entire first episode up to watch. This was released early and is not a leak or something illegal...

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3101793817/

They've even got it in HD. It's well worth the 45 minutes of your time to watch it!
                    I liked it!! Can't wait to watch more. It kinda reminded me of The Neverending Story and I love that movie since I was a kid. The show has potential...is it supposed to be a miniseries? 1 or 2 seasons only?? Good pilot though! *two thumbs up*

Comment

I'm still not able to watch it, but why have they put it on their webside? All the people who are interested in it watch it and when it's aired on TV the station complains about not having enough viewers?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                        ABC had better not cancel it. They already pulled that on No Ordinary Family and if they do it with this I'll never watch another genre show on ABC again (not until it gets like 4 seasons at least).
                        They better have not cancel it, or I will write a strongly worded letter to them. I mean, how does a network even continue to FUNCTION if they end up canceling just about EVERY new show they bring us? I mean, give it a fricken chance past the first season. First seasons are ALWAYS intended to run slow and kind of ease into all they promise to bring into the second. Cause, you have to set the story, back stories, characters, etc. But I think OUAT did a good job mixing elements, characters, story, back story, action into just the first episode.

Plus I'll be highly pissed (excuse my language) if another BIG network cans Robert Carlyle. Cause I mean, two big, major networks within, let's say, a year of each other? I'd be too nervous he'd just say "screw it" and go back to Scotland. I kind of WANT him to keep appearing on our TV heh.

But fangirl tendencies aside, I mean, we NEED shows like this. I am SICK of the reality shows already.

(Not flaming, just my personal opinion. We really do have too many reality shows to make one sick)

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus_Man View Post
                          Sorry to double post, but do you know how overly uber jealous I am of you right now? Heh, I gotta say, the man looks good in a suit (and purple). I cannot wait to see what they do with Rumpel's whole back story.

And I hate to be a big fangirl and ask, I'm sure you got to chat with him just a tiny bit, was he nice/cool/awesome? Feel free to not answer me. Just I think I could leave this Earth happy if I even had a smidgen of a chance to meet him.

Robert aside, your pics from the con are awesome, and how cool it is that you've met other cast members and actually witnessed some of the filming. Also, if you don't mind me saying, you have a nice smile.

Comment

Here I am, been looking for a thread for this, blink and I miss it! Thanks for the heads up Carmencatalina.

I've been looking forward to this, always a joy to watch Robert Carlyle in action. Of course that video isn't available in my country either, and I live in the place it's filmed so that is extra annoying!! LOL! So, will wait for tomorrow and watch it on the 52" screen in all its HD glory!

It looks pretty stunning on reading this article about the set design in the Vancouver Sun this morning.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Fab...327/story.html

I will enjoy looking out for all our Stargate favourites too as I'm sure they will make appearances over time.

You are not alone in feeling this. This happens to me too! I've lost count of how many shows I've liked that get cancelled and the ones I have no interest in go on for ever!!!

Terra Nova didn't appeal to me at all and I haven't even watched one episode and it looks to be doing well, I just know it will get renewed, which is good news for all those that are enjoying it!

So, will be interesting to us both how this show does!

Comment

HaHaHa! I knew it! You couldn't wait!
                              I'm with you about being afraid it will get canceled, everything I've liked for so long now gets canceled! It's really the dumbing down of the masses, and there's a lot of those dumb masses out there that keep them cranking out the stupid reality shows and such. The species is doomed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                                HaHaHa! I knew it! You couldn't wait!
                                I tried, really I did, but it has been so long since we've gotten to see our dear Mr. Carlyle . . .

It was interesting - I was definitely intrigued and am wanting to see more!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X