Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first thing I thnk of when I see the ConFlag is DOH! Well it used to be that at least until all this stupid race bating nonsense started up for no good reason.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

I find it bizzare that Amazon would pull all Confederate flag merchandise, but you can freely get Nazi-themed iPad covers or a whole range of Hamas flag-themed merchandise including a baby bib.

At least ISIS flags are not available.

P.S. I wonder why an Amazon search for an "Islamic State flag" brings up men's swimming trunks.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        I find it bizzare that Amazon would pull all Confederate flag merchandise, but you can freely get Nazi-themed iPad covers or a whole range of Hamas flag-themed merchandise including a baby bib.

At least ISIS flags are not available.

P.S. I wonder why an Amazon search for an "Islamic State flag" brings up men's swimming trunks.
        there's also a story floating around on the internet that some guy went to Walmart to have a cake baked and decorated with the Confederate flag according to a picture of it and was denied and the same person brought in a picture of an ISIS flag and Walmart decorated the cake with that....go figure eh?

Comment

That's because Isis isn't as EVIL as the old Confederacy.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

To be perfectly honest...I never watched that show because of the confederate flag. It gave me the chills just looking at it. Though I do think some people did overreact to it. The difference for me is that government has no place using those symbols. Private individuals are different. It's that distinction that both sides of the "issue" don't get. Or maybe the do and just don't care.
            But the left it seems is not content with just having states remove it from positions over government buildings, they are wanting the flag GONE. Stores are no longer selling it, NASCAR is wanting to ban it from their tracks, both in the hands of private citizens coming to watch and on cars in the race... Now they are also going after other things to do with the Confederacy, such as statues of Confederates in New Orleans.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              But the left it seems is not content with just having states remove it from positions over government buildings, they are wanting the flag GONE. Stores are no longer selling it, NASCAR is wanting to ban it from their tracks, both in the hands of private citizens coming to watch and on cars in the race... Now they are also going after other things to do with the Confederacy, such as statues of Confederates in New Orleans.
              Stores not selling it is a business decision for PR, it has nothing to do with anything else.

If you want a Rebel flag on your doorstep, feel free to display it, that's your choice.
              Don't get ****ty with me when I call you a racist, that's my choice as well.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Political Correctness run amuck. If someone like Aretood2 doesn't want to watch it 'cause he finds it offensive, I have no problem with that. He can watch whatever he wants and it's none of my business. Unless of course, he's one of the Nielsen families, in that case he has to watch what I like so it stays on the air.

But the one of the left's favorite tactics is to silence the opposition, so they're using the PC police to do so.

Comment

There's a question that has always nagged me for as long as I can remember. Why have statues in honor of Confederates?
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Political Correctness run amuck. If someone like Aretood2 doesn't want to watch it 'cause he finds it offensive, I have no problem with that. He can watch whatever he wants and it's none of my business. Unless of course, he's one of the Nielsen families, in that case he has to watch what I like so it stays on the air.

But the one of the left's favorite tactics is to silence the opposition, so they're using the PC police to do so.
                    I think it is a disservice to many who have suffered and continue to do so under racism to just label the whole thing as some sort of lefty agenda. Sorta like hand waving the pain of many and saying "it doesn't matter" but then again that's what people do when they pull out the "It's too much Political Correctness" card.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      Stores not selling it is a business decision for PR, it has nothing to do with anything else.

If you want a Rebel flag on your doorstep, feel free to display it, that's your choice.
                      Don't get ****ty with me when I call you a racist, that's my choice as well.
                      Why would i be a racist for flying a Confederate flag?
                      Were not the slave ships that Delivered the blacks to the US flying under the old stars and stripes? Thus wouldn't flying IT also be considered racism and supporting slavery?

There's a question that has always nagged me for as long as I can remember. Why have statues in honor of Confederates?
                      Just like we have statues of other important figures in our history. To honor them.

Comment

Were not the slave ships that Delivered the blacks to the US flying under the old stars and stripes? Thus wouldn't flying IT also be considered racism and supporting slavery?
                        Gotta keep up with those staff meetings, as boring as they are, garkal.
                        That claim has already been made, a few years back. Yes, it's coming out of California, and we know there is something in the water out there, but it will spread eastward.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...on-campus.html

A group of university professors has signed a letter showing their solidarity with students who tried to ban the American flag at the University of California, Irvine – because they said Old Glory contributes to racism.

“U.S. nationalism often contributes to racism and xenophobia, and that the paraphernalia of nationalism is in fact often used to intimidate,” read a letter obtained by the website Campus Reform.

Comment

I could have sworn i had remembered something about that, but had a brain blank last night.

Comment

Let me respond by picking your brain. Why do you think that the Confederate flag triggers thoughts and memories regarding racism in the United States amongst minorities...and white people?

Yes it's true that the US flag was flown on slave ships during their savage voyages. It is also true that the border states (although still part of the south) were slave states and part of the Union during the civil war. However, I would like to point out all the good that that flag has been used for.

Troop landings in the beaches of Normandy, Civil rights movements, the flag of the federal government that stepped in against the south's jim crow laws, flag of the government that also expanded voting rights to oh so many, flag of the government that stood in opposition to communism, flag of the country that (despite some isolationists spiritual descendents of the xenophobic no nothing party) opened its doors to everyone, flag that was used to preserve the Union and unity, flag that provokes feelings of patriotism and unity in the US among all groups (outside of the extreme left/right but they're wack jobs so who cares), flag that has brought tears of joy to countless peoples outside of the US, flag of the most reluctant imperial power of the 20th century, and the list can go on.

The good, quite simply, outweighs the bad. Oh, I forgot...flag of the government whose first mention of slavery in its constitution is its abolition. So yeah...hard to pin "pro slavery" on a flag whose constitution is unequivocally anti slavery. Can't say the same for the battle flag of the Confederecy. To quote CSA vice president Alexander H. Stephens from his "cornerstone speech"

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth. This truth has been slow in the process of its development, like all other truths in the various departments of science. It has been so even amongst us. Many who hear me, perhaps, can recollect well, that this truth was not generally admitted, even within their day. The errors of the past generation still clung to many as late as twenty years ago. Those at the North, who still cling to these errors, with a zeal above knowledge, we justly denominate fanatics."

The contrasting idea he is talking about is the idea in the American declaration of independence "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Interesting fact...many of the founders wanted to include the institution of slavery in the list of grievances against the crown. But a certain faction *cough*southerners*cough* didn't like that so it was excluded.

Anyway. As you can see, Old Glory is much more about freedom and it takes a special kind of idiot to think that it represents something else. The good outweighs the bad.

Just like we have statues of other important figures in our history. To honor them.
                            So why isn't there a Statue of Santa Ana next to the Alamo? Or Rommel next to the US memorial in Normandy? These are all important figures in American History. As is King George III, without him the revolution would have never happened. Without Santa Ana Texas wouldn't have left Mexico. Without Rommel...the war in Europe would have ended quicker changing the shape of occupied Germany thus affecting the cold war...okay that last one is a stretch and hyperbole. How about statues to the folks of the Hay's and Whiskey rebellions? What about a statue to Governor Orval Faubus without him we wouldn't have the Little Rock Nine. I mean...importance to American history surely can't be the only criteria for a statue...a street name...a school...and stuff.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            Gotta keep up with those staff meetings, as boring as they are, garkal.
                            That claim has already been made, a few years back. Yes, it's coming out of California, and we know there is something in the water out there, but it will spread eastward.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...on-campus.html
                            Surely you aren't saying that wack jobs' actions color those of...everyone else? Because I know these fabulous little conservative clubs known as the KKK, stromfront, etc..whose actions could very easily be misconstrued as the actions of...all conservatives.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

actually groups like the KKK are comprised largely of Democrats....just to let you know

Comment

Surely you aren't saying that wack jobs' actions color those of...everyone else? Because I know these fabulous little conservative clubs known as the KKK, stromfront, etc..whose actions could very easily be misconstrued as the actions of...all conservatives.
                                This years' wack jobs are next years' legislation. There is a long history of crazy shiznit sprouting up in California and spreading.

Comment

Working...
                                X