This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Torchwood grumplings

Is it just me, or is the CBS crazy?!?!?!

I finally was able to get their on-line schedule to work. We are finally getting episode #11 on January the 4th. So you'd think we'd get the last TWO episodes right after, right? NOPE. they are airing some new canadian show MVP (about Hockey!) instead. I checked EVERY timeslot. Can't find TW anywhere. I thought for sure we'd get season 2 right away like the Americans. This is bloody annoying! I'm hoping the schedule changes.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
    Is it just me, or is the CBS crazy?!?!?!

I finally was able to get their on-line schedule to work. We are finally getting episode #11 on January the 4th. So you'd think we'd get the last TWO episodes right after, right? NOPE. they are airing some new canadian show MVP (about Hockey!) instead. I checked EVERY timeslot. Can't find TW anywhere. I thought for sure we'd get season 2 right away like the Americans. This is bloody annoying! I'm hoping the schedule changes.
    You wouldn't have been able to find it because the final two episodes airing back-to-back on SUNDAY January 6th. And no, they didn't advertise this anywhere else, I had to go through the schedule calendar day by day to find it (and it wasn't working for me at all last week either).

I am very disappointed with how they've treated the show so far- I even sent them an email on it (never got a reply). I just hope they have the sense to air series two relatively soon. (as if.....they've got their precious new programs- who really wants to watch a show about "the secret lives of hockey wives" I ask? If they were going to make a show about hockey make it.....I dunno. About hockey itself? Or bring back that really awesome docu-style comedy about the kids' hockey team. Anyway, that was way off-topic.)

Comment

Oh Frak! I didn't bother looking at Sunday! Whew, glad we don't have to wait for the last 2 episodes.

Their hockey show sounds like Desperate Hockey Wives.

Comment

Trek Girl,
        What timeslot did you get for the last two episodes of TW? I just went to CBC's website and can't get the schedule once again.
        sigh.

Comment

Captain Jack Harkness starts at 8pm and End of Days follows at 9. I hate the bloody CBC. Complete, absolute idiots.
          Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

Their hockey show sounds like Desperate Hockey Wives.
            *sigh* Pretty much.

Originally posted by magickalmama View Post
            Captain Jack Harkness starts at 8pm and End of Days follows at 9. I hate the bloody CBC. Complete, absolute idiots.
            No kidding. I just don't understand their thinking on this- why didn't they advertise these time changes after the last ep that aired- there wasn't even so much as a "returning in January" on the screen.

Comment

CBC's winter schedule is at long last up.....and the second series of Torchwood is nowhere to be seen. Instead to add insult to injury, its timeslot has indeed been taken over by the "Desperate Hockey Wives" show.

http://www.cbc.ca/television/Winter_sked.pdf

Comment

Did you need a whole thread for this? Australians were shafted way back in October by the network showing it, they advertised the crap out of it for three weeks, screened something like two episodes... the ratings were low so the network removed it for a week, then put the remaining episodes on at 12 am or something on a Tuesday... *I think* as by then even I gave up trying to watch it.

And they wonder why people use the internet the way they do.

To make it worse the same network owns the rights to series two of Torchwood... I am thinking they will show it in 2020 around 3am on a Monday.

Comment

Well, hjere they haven't aired DW series 3 yet...

(But I guess they woudl air it really soon, the channel that\'s airing it airs a lot of American shows and they'r doing their best to air them as close to the American broadcast as possible.... hehehe.)

Yeah, sorry, offtopicness.
                  I coudl always mentino the two year sit took them to air SG1's season 7 here too.
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

One of very few TV-related reasons to be thankful to be in the UK.
                    sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't bother with Torchwood at all if I were you. Its not exactly a good show.

Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                        I wouldn't bother with Torchwood at all if I were you. Its not exactly a good show.

I gave up on Season 1 after 2 episodes. I might give Season 2 a look.. my sister assures me that Saeson 1 did improve as it went on.. and there's the added draw of James Marsters in Season 2...
                        sigpic

Comment

It did! It really did improve!
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            CBC's winter schedule is at long last up.....and the second series of Torchwood is nowhere to be seen. Instead to add insult to injury, its timeslot has indeed been taken over by the "Desperate Hockey Wives" show.

http://www.cbc.ca/television/Winter_sked.pdf
                            It's so weird to have a "Winter" schedule!
                            I think we have to wait until summer for series 2 of Torchwood. No matter what channel it is, the sci-fi will get shafted (except for probably Space but I don't have the money to go VIP with Rogers to get it).

Comment

It's so weird to have a "Winter" schedule!
                              I think we have to wait until summer for series 2 of Torchwood. No matter what channel it is, the sci-fi will get shafted (except for probably Space but I don't have the money to go VIP with Rogers to get it).
                              I wouldn't expect CBC to air series two until October, 2008. Doctor Who usually airs in the summer, so that's when I'd expect to see DW series four on CBC. Why the CBC waited a year before airing series one of TW is beyond me - they repeatedly told people they simply hadn't placed it on their schedule until then. They obviously don't care about the show, and I firmly believe it won't air here until next fall. We may even see region one DVD's of TW series two before the CBC airs it!

And yes, we need an entire thread to grumble about the CBC and Torchwood! Did you see how much they cut from Combat last night? They skipped an entire scene, and it was (well in my opinion) a major point.

Lets have lots more grumbling about the CBC's treatment of TW.
                              Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

Working...
                              X