Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

River's Timeline (spoilers up to most recent episode)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one exceptionally confused at how this could possibly be the first time the Doctor has met River?

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
      Am I the only one exceptionally confused at how this could possibly be the first time the Doctor has met River?
      It isn't, that happened back in Silence in the Library.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        There won't be any case of "your definitely wrong" until the episode is aired and the mystery is solved.

I was waiting until "Day of the Moon" because I wanted to get a better look at the little girl's face. We didn't get a very good look at the end of "The Impossible Astronaut" but yes, I do think the little girl is a young River. It would be interesting to have the little girl in the suit be a young River and then coming back again as an older River to apparently kill the Doctor. After all, when the Tenth Doctor did encounter her for the first time, River was wearing a space suit. It seems to be a recurring theme.

So you go from "your definitely wrong" in a previous post to "unless of course it is her"?
        Your definetly wrong, the young girl is not River.. absolutely 100% on that one. River remembers meeting the doctor, she spoke about it in the episode. As for the space suit thing.... your reaching there..

It may be River in the space suit that kills the doctor, we don't know are they the same person in the space suit both times yet, we know River kills a good man, this may be it.. but it doesn't make sense why she would be imprisoned in stormcage in the 51st century for a murder she did in the 21st. Obviously its not the end for the doctor so who knows what will happen.. If I had to guess Id say he fakes his death for some reason.. something to do with the silence most likely
        Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 26 April 2011, 10:44 AM.
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
          Your definetly wrong, the young girl is not River.. absolutely 100% on that one.
          I don't really think the little girl is River either, but what makes you 100% sure?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
            The first time the Doctor met River was on the library planet with the shadows that ate people. I don't remember the proper title. But it was the David Tennant Doctor, not the Matt Smith. And she died there too.

They have yet to reveal her first meeting of the Doctor.

And that prison needs much better security or they need to move her to a much better prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              I don't really think the little girl is River either, but what makes you 100% sure?
              River: When I first met the doctor, long long time ago, he knew all about me. Think about that. Impressinable young girl and suddenly this man drops out of the sky and he's clever and mad and wonderful and knows every last thing about her, imagine what that does to a girl.

Little girl isn't river becasue the doctor doesn't know River yet, and like River said they are travelling in opposite directions.. it would seem to indicate that the last time the doctor sees River is the day she first meets him, and the day the doctor first meets river is the day that she last sees him. And I know someone is going to say about the symmetry of it and make it so thats the day the doctor dies, but that can't be in 2011 because he's meeting the girl in 1969 so shes not going to be a little girl in 2011 now is she and we know that the doctor is 200 years older, and River has said to Matt Smith that she finds it weird when he goes all baby face on her and she said that shes seen other regenerations so 11 can't be the furtherest future doctor to meet River.

Confusing I know but wibbily wobbily timey wimey...

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
              The first time the Doctor met River was on the library planet with the shadows that ate people. I don't remember the proper title. But it was the David Tennant Doctor, not the Matt Smith. And she died there too.

They have yet to reveal her first meeting of the Doctor.

And that prison needs much better security or they need to move her to a much better prison.
              Silence in the library and forest of the dead, episodes 8 and 9 of season 4 of new who, Donna was the companion.... and as for the prison.. I think its just that River has learnt so much from the Doctor that she'll always find a way out, plus since she always comes back and given the vortex maninpulator she may only be gone for a few minutes at a time, cept for the pandorica opens obviously when she did all the travelling.
              Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 26 April 2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Im 99.9% sure River isnt the little girl, but I wont say why till after the episode. I may be wrong... but from what Ive read, Im pretty sure it isnt River.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  Im 99.9% sure River isnt the little girl, but I wont say why till after the episode. I may be wrong... but from what Ive read, Im pretty sure it isnt River.
                  Again Im going to say this again! Its easy to have crackpot theorys if don't reveal them till they've been confirmed!

Comment

Again Im going to say this again! Its easy to have crackpot theorys if don't reveal them till they've been confirmed!
                    I dont want to reveal it, its not a crack pot theory lol, Ive read part of a very accurate synopsis for eps 1 and 2
                    The reasons spoilery.
                    And just pondering on what I read, I think i may have come up with an interesting idea of who River could really be... but most of it is based on one point in next weeks episode.
                    But this theory depends how the episode ends...
                    Last edited by Teddybrown; 27 April 2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Reading spoilers.... BE GONE FROM THIS FORUM!

Comment

I was leaning more toward it being River in the Space suit, because she is also wearing a space suit when she first meets The Doctor in "Silence of the Library'

If she is wearing the spacesuit when she kills him, then we have beginning (little girl) middle (killing the Doctor) and end (meeting him from the first time (his perspective)

Also, i thought the events of TPO and TBB were not able to be slotted into a linear timeline because as soon as the Doctor in the Pandorica ht the exploding TARDIS, the time re-wound to a point where they would be without the Doctor.

It's only because of Amy's special "remembering" thing due to the crack in her wall that the Doctor/Rory/River remember the events. Though i do believe its hard to slot them into a linear timeline involving something that wasnt there that we know off (The Silence)

N.C

N.C

Comment

I don't think that's a little girl. Remember, Nixon said it was a little boy calling him. Some boys do look like girls, and vice versa. So unless Moffat is deliberately misleading us, it can't be River.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                            I don't think that's a little girl. Remember, Nixon said it was a little boy calling him. Some boys do look like girls, and vice versa. So unless Moffat is deliberately misleading us, it can't be River.
                            It is a little girl, as we saw her in the suit. Same voice and everything. Nixon thought it was a boy because of the "name".

sigpic

Comment

Reading spoilers.... BE GONE FROM THIS FORUM!
                              I thought it was just a synpopsis for episode 1, but it wasnt lol, havent really spoiled myself much, just know who the spaceman is, but im hoping that its story line is a bit more complex than what i read and that theres more to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                I thought it was just a synpopsis for episode 1, but it wasnt lol, havent really spoiled myself much, just know who the spaceman is, but im hoping that its story line is a bit more complex than what i read and that theres more to it.
                                I saw that too and I read upto Amy and River getting the letters then I stopped.... which took every bit of will power that I had.

Comment

Working...
                                X