Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

River's Timeline (spoilers up to most recent episode)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River's Timeline (spoilers up to most recent episode)

As good a time as any to bring this back up, since River is back.... No spoilers past the most recently aired episode though, please

River's timeline so far:
    32.07 "A Good Man Goes to War" [birth of Melody Pond]
    32.01 "The Impossible Astronaut" [little girl contacting Richard Nixon]
    32.02 "Day of the Moon" [little girl regenerates in New York City]
    32.08 "Let's Kill Hitler" [life as Mels/regeneration/beginning of archaeology education]
    32.07 "A Good Man Goes to War" [reveals her true identity to the Doctor]
    32.12 "Closing Time" ['activation' by Kovarian]
    32.01 "The Impossible Astronaut" [kills the Doctor]
    32.13 "The Wedding of River Song" [marries the Doctor in alternate 2011]
    31.12 "The Pandorica Opens" [escape from prison and acquisition of vortex manipulator]
    31.13 "The Big Bang" [follows on The Pandorica Opens]
    32.01 "The Impossible Astronaut" [still has vortex manipulator when summoned by the Doctor]
    32.02 "Day of the Moon" [follows on The Impossible Astronaut]
    31.04 "The Time of Angels" [no vortex manipulator, asks if the Pandorica has happened yet]
    31.05 "Flesh and Stone" [follows on The Time of Angels]
    32.13 "The Wedding of River Song" [visits Amy after escaping the Byzantium]
    30.08 "Silence in the Library" [has become a Professor]
    30.09 "Forest of the Dead" [death of River Song]
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 01 October 2011, 05:48 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I have a couple of theories on this one. The first theory (edit: one of a few theories I'm not posting just yet), if true, would place "The Impossible Astronaut" at the beginning of River's story line. If that one isn't true, then the premiere would be after "Flesh and Stone" but before "Silence in the Library."
    Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 23 April 2011, 09:40 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I've been working on the idea that River appearing at the end of Big Bang is from a different point in her timeline from River earlier in the two parter, mostly because Moffat said
      Spoiler:
      that how she remembers everything will become relevant

Comment

I like that idea.

If that's so, I think I'm going to have to write out River's timeline for myself as I'm having difficulty at times keeping track. No wonder she needs a diary.

Comment

Okay here is mine
          1. She meets the doctor as a young woman
          2. She kills a 'good' man and is incarcerated in Stormcage prison
          3. Easter island and Jim the fish (difficult to tell but just guessing)
          4. The Doctor teachs her to pilot the Tardis and she learns High Gallifreyan (again guessing)
          5. The Doctor finds out who she is
          6. The Pandorica Opens & the Big Bang
          7. The Impossible Astronaut
          8. Crash of the Byzantium (Time of Angels, Flesh and Stone)
          9. She is given a pardon for murder, or maybe they just relised there was no point in trying to keep her locked up anymore
          10. She becomes a professor of archaeology
          11. The doctor visits her and gives her his screwdriver
          12. Silence in the library and Forest of the dead and her death

Okay theres obviously lots of gaps and some guesstimation but thats the best we can do so far

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          I have a couple of theories on this one. The first theory (edit: one of a few theories I'm not posting just yet), if true, would place "The Impossible Astronaut" at the beginning of River's story line. If that one isn't true, then the premiere would be after "Flesh and Stone" but before "Silence in the Library."
          What do you mean at the beginning of Rivers story line, we know at this stage in her life shes known the Doctor for years and has been in prison for quite a while too and theres a possibilty its after the Pandorica and the angels
          Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 24 April 2011, 02:10 PM.
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
            and theres a possibilty its after the Pandorica and the angels
            Not sure if that's the case, in Big Bang she told the Doctor that she already knew what happens next time he meets her

Comment

What do you mean at the beginning of Rivers story line, we know at this stage in her life shes known the Doctor for years and has been in prison for quite a while too and theres a possibilty its after the Pandorica and the angels
              I'm going to wait until after "Day of the Moon" is aired to clarify my original statement though I'm sure the little girl calling President Nixon has much to do with my theory.
              sigpic

Comment

An interesting thought that the River at the end of The Big Bang may not have been the same one from the rest of the episode. Not sure how much to buy into that, but interesting just the same.

As for The Impossible Astronaut, my guess from the presence of the vortex manipulator on her wrist is that it's post-TBB, and pre-TToA.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                  Not sure if that's the case, in Big Bang she told the Doctor that she already knew what happens next time he meets her
                  Actually no. Impossible Astronaut has to be after Big Bang for River, 'cos in Big Bang she didn't know Rory already.

Comment

I wonder if they'll ever give us a look inside River's head showing us her encounters with the Doctor from a linear view (from her perspective). That would be really cool!

This is one of those situations that is so unique and amazing at how they are pulling it off, I love it!
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm going to wait until after "Day of the Moon" is aired to clarify my original statement though I'm sure the little girl calling President Nixon has much to do with my theory.
                      Okay but if your thinking its young River... your definetly wrong, as for it being Amys child well it wouldn't make much sense but it might be possible.

Also its easy to say well I had this idea before it happened with no proof.. saying your theory and taking a chance on the other hand

Comment

I was kind of thinking the astronaut was The Doctor, fulfilling his own timeline in one of those weird B > C > A things
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                          I was kind of thinking the astronaut was The Doctor, fulfilling his own timeline in one of those weird B > C > A things
                          So the doctor kills a future version of himself? or a future doctor kills a past version of himself?

Either way whoever is in that suit.. River is going to take them down a notch, unless of course it is her

Comment

Okay but if your thinking its young River... your definetly wrong, as for it being Amys child well it wouldn't make much sense but it might be possible.

Also its easy to say well I had this idea before it happened with no proof.. saying your theory and taking a chance on the other hand
                            There won't be any case of "your definitely wrong" until the episode is aired and the mystery is solved.

I was waiting until "Day of the Moon" because I wanted to get a better look at the little girl's face. We didn't get a very good look at the end of "The Impossible Astronaut" but yes, I do think the little girl is a young River. It would be interesting to have the little girl in the suit be a young River and then coming back again as an older River to apparently kill the Doctor. After all, when the Tenth Doctor did encounter her for the first time, River was wearing a space suit. It seems to be a recurring theme.

So the doctor kills a future version of himself? or a future doctor kills a past version of himself?

Either way whoever is in that suit.. River is going to take them down a notch, unless of course it is her
                            So you go from "your definitely wrong" in a previous post to "unless of course it is her"?
                            sigpic

Comment

After all, when the Tenth Doctor did encounter her for the first time, River was wearing a space suit. It seems to be a recurring theme.
                              Interesting observation!

Comment

Working...
                              X