Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOOHOOOO!!! YIPPEEE SKIPPPEEEE!! YAY!

1.7 miiillyun!

Now my pinky will have to be affixed to the corner of my mouth every time I mention Sanctuary.

[SIZE="1"]must... have... tshirt...(hint, hint)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

sigpic

Comment

WOW! That's enough for prime time!! WooHoo!!

Comment

Originally posted by me@sanctuary View Post
        A staggering 1.7 million people have checked out the sanctuary site.
        (all different IP's)
        AMAZING EH?
        Holy... Wow. That's insane. A good kind of insane.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          Damian has updated his blog - go read, go read

A 2 min. trailer coming soon!! amongst other things
          Is it possible for me to get any more excited? I can't wait to see this.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
            Oh yeah! I can't wait. Have I mentioned recently how excited I am about this new show?????

And more Sanctuary news - for those of you that come straight to the forums and bypass Gateworld's front page there is a new Sanctuary article. Damian gave them an interview and provided, amongst other things, more insight on the Helen Magnus character. The Interview is here.
            Thanks for the info RoX. You are our font of all knowledge re. Sanctuary.
            sigpic

Comment

(all different IP's)
              AMAZING EH?
              That's incredible.
              sigpic

Comment

Woo! 1.7 million!! That's so sweet!

Amanda talked a little about Sanctuary this weekend after the Monologues in Toronto and she seemed extremely excited about the show and urged us all to watch it -- not like she really needed to do that. Like Damian, she appears to believe it's going to be very very cool and I really wish I could convey the enthusium in her voice and facial expressions when she discussed the new series here, but I couldn't possibly do her justice. Needless to say, I'm even more excited about the new series and will be sitting quite impatiently in front of my computer screen until May!!

Comment

Wow this show is really going to fly! and i'll say it again, Amanda is going to show us another unforgetable character in Helen and i for one can't wait, i've even had broadband put in yesterday along with a wireless router both of which at this moment i can't get to work and i now have an engineer coming out to sort it out for me! Oh the things i do for Amanda!
                  ......TARA......

Comment

1.7 mill!

Am verrrrrry excited for this upcoming trailer too!

Comment

Re: the comment in the article about not "poaching" Stargate. I don't think that's an issue at all. People can watch more than one SF show. I do think that AT's fanbase is important to helping get the show off the ground though. It will be so fun to see her in a different role. And I can imagine that if she didn't ask for it (or even if she did) this longevity thing isn't really a blessing. Should give Helen some depth.

Comment

Isn't she scared that she'll be typecasting herself? It sounds like she's going to be a scifi scientist again. There's even a guy who looks like a nerdy version of Michael Shanks.

I thought she wanted to do comedy. She's a lot more attractive than Meg Ryan & Helen Hunt. I'll watch it, but I can't see it lasting. I hope Amanda & Paul McGillion at least make a few bucks.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40175

this would be the best place to post this
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                            Isn't she scared that she'll be typecasting herself? It sounds like she's going to be a scifi scientist again. There's even a guy who looks like a nerdy version of Michael Shanks.

I thought she wanted to do comedy. She's a lot more attractive than Meg Ryan & Helen Hunt. I'll watch it, but I can't see it lasting. I hope Amanda & Paul McGillion at least make a few bucks.
                            This is completely different. As is the medium and the delivery mechanism. What we're looking at is rather a revolution in consumer driven media/entertainment, it's the crest of a kind of wave that I hope will surmount even the tallest network television buildings out there. Artists like Amanda, like Damian, creative professionals, the crew involved, everyone on the team is doing this not only for the money but for the reason that it's bold and brilliant and exciting. It seems fairly clear already that this is not "just another gig" for them; this is more than special, and I really believe that as a labour of such outstanding innovation, the outcome may very well astound skeptics everywhere. Eventually, I can imagine an explosion of revelation for the entertainment industry as a whole out of projects just like this. Viral distribution and viewer driven interactivity? Artist/Viewer collaboration? Holy Hannah, hey?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

(all different IP's)
                              AMAZING EH?
                              WOW!!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                                This is completely different. As is the medium and the delivery mechanism. What we're looking at is rather a revolution in consumer driven media/entertainment, it's the crest of a kind of wave that I hope will surmount even the tallest network television buildings out there. Artists like Amanda, like Damian, creative professionals, the crew involved, everyone on the team is doing this not only for the money but for the reason that it's bold and brilliant and exciting. It seems fairly clear already that this is not "just another gig" for them; this is more than special, and I really believe that as a labour of such outstanding innovation, the outcome may very well astound skeptics everywhere. Eventually, I can imagine an explosion of revelation for the entertainment industry as a whole out of projects just like this. Viral distribution and viewer driven interactivity? Artist/Viewer collaboration? Holy Hannah, hey?
                                I second that, well said minigeek
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X