No announcement yet.

Scorched Earth (409)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree. i kind of like this episode. the fact that two lots of aliens want this planet one to change it the other to keep it as it was. was interesting
    sigpic

Comment

The first time I watched this as with Watergate I hated the episode. After doing a rewatch, I like it much better. Still not one of my favorites.
      sigpic

Comment

Didn't like this episode. SG1 should have never helped the Enkarans.

Comment

I loved this episode. It showed a wonderful compromise to a very difficult situation. Too bad the world can't take a lesson from it.
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Cool episode. I enjoyed the plot, and it was great to see Alessandro Juliani (Gaeta on Battlestar Galactica) again. Of course, the episode also shares a name with one of my favorite shows, Babylon 5.
            sigpic

Comment

Hang on...am I the first Rewatcher to get this far...I AM the first Rewatcher to get this far!

1. The Enkarans, hmmm...well SG1 knew them but we certainly didn't.

2. Having said that...I was with Jack on this, the ship may have been there first but the Gadmeer were freeze-dried.

3. Daniel you insane SOB...good thing your stunt worked.

4. "We are going home" - good way to end the ep!
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Enkarans have such cool eyes.

Not much else I can say about the episode as I didn't really enjoy it.

Nice ending though.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                  Hang on...am I the first Rewatcher to get this far...I AM the first Rewatcher to get this far!

1. The Enkarans, hmmm...well SG1 knew them but we certainly didn't.

2. Having said that...I was with Jack on this, the ship may have been there first but the Gadmeer were freeze-dried.

3. Daniel you insane SOB...good thing your stunt worked.

4. "We are going home" - good way to end the ep!
                  So that gives Jack the right to kill a whole species because they arrived second?
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    So that gives Jack the right to kill a whole species because they arrived second?
                    Alternatively, what gives the Gadmeer the right to kill the Enkarans just so they can have the planet to themselves?

I also agree with Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Alternatively, what gives the Gadmeer the right to kill the Enkarans just so they can have the planet to themselves?

I also agree with Jack.
                      It was more a computer program than the Gadmer and of course the Gadmer don't have that right. I just have a problem Jack deciding its automaticlly siding with the Enkarians without even considering the other species
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        It was more a computer program than the Gadmer and of course the Gadmer don't have that right. I just have a problem Jack deciding its automaticlly siding with the Enkarians without even considering the other species
                        I can understand Jack's choice, given the fact he and SG1 had spent months relocating and getting to know the Enkarans, and along comes some "freeze dried" race threatening to wipe them out in order to get the planet to themselves. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would feel the same way as Jack. And even after finding out who the Gadmeer were and what their story was, I doubt he felt any different.

And, yes, Lotan was a computer program. But he was also speaking on behalf of the Gadmeer, and basically telling SG1 the Enkarans would have to leave or die. He was giving them no other choice. Jack at least asked Daniel to give him another choice than the one he wanted to make.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          I can understand Jack's choice, given the fact he and SG1 had spent months relocating and getting to know the Enkarans, and along comes some "freeze dried" race threatening to wipe them out in order to get the planet to themselves. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would feel the same way as Jack. And even after finding out who the Gadmeer were and what their story was, I doubt he felt any different.

And, yes, Lotan was a computer program. But he was also speaking on behalf of the Gadmeer, and basically telling SG1 the Enkarans would have to leave or die. He was giving them no other choice. Jack at least asked Daniel to give him another choice than the one he wanted to make.
                          It was Lotan who threaten to wiped them out not the Gadmer. We can't blame them for Lotan's actions. Given how the Gadmer rejected the Enkarian homeworld they probably wouldn't have terraformed the planet if they knew of the Enkarian settlement. Personal bias to the Enkarians on Jack's part to me does not give him the right to base thier lives more important then the Gadmer.

That is because it was a no win. No matter what happened someone would die. It just seems wrong to just say one species has more right to live without considering the other side.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

In a situation like that, i would have not just looked for a third option, but maybe try and take over the ship.

Comment

An episode I always say I don't want to bother to watch again, but when I do I always get involved in the story and the dilemma it poses.

How the story weaves around the "no win" situation with whether it's the Gadmeer or the Enkarans who have a right to life and that planet, and reaches a satisfying conclusion is what makes this a re-watchable episode.

I thought the interior of the Gadmeer spaceship was one of the simplest, but most interesting and effectively futuristic looking spaceship interiors in Stargate. Had much of the feel of visuals of space stations and the ship in '2001: A Space Odyssey'.

That piece of Gadmeer music reminded me of the music of the Futurist art movement of the 1920's! Don't think they cared whose ears it was good for!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbbmP...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WtCC...eature=related

Comment

I thought it was a filter episode.

There isn't that much to say about it. Except Gaeta's actor was in it, he'll be back (playing another character) in the finale to Season 8.

Stuff From the Commentary:
                                • Hedrezar (the leader) was originaly a man. The contacts made the actress blind.
                                • The pregnant woman is Michael Greenburg's wife.
                                • A Visual Effects studio was used (Windmill), based in Ireland.
                                  1. James noted how much it was pain to communicate with them because of the time difference, but at least he got to go to Ireland for a week.
                                  2. They (James, Martin, & Jim) noted how having a new people working on the show, gave the show a few new ideas for the episode.
                                • RDA wasn't comfortable with the scene where they first bring up the bomb.
                                • During the scene where Daniel and Lotan are in the forest, a bear appeared, Chris Judge was the only one who freaked out.
                                • The line "The Enkaran home world has no Stargate." is still used (at least as of Season 5) when Chris has no lines.

Monday, SG-1 loses their memories and are used for forced labor.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X