Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Sam in Atlantis fic where she is infected by the entity in Doppelganger and John has to connect to her instead of Rodney to kill the entity.

Never mind...found it. It's Eidetic by Lone-Ranger1
    Last edited by IamDKScully; 02 December 2013, 08:06 PM.
    sigpic

----------
    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I'm looking for a crossover fic that I have a vague memory of reading a few years ago.

It's SG-1 and Doctor Who. I can't remember when in SG-1 it is set (I think fairly early though) but for DW, it is from the first episode of the reboot, "Rose." It's actually set during about ten seconds of that episode when the Doctor takes off in the Tardis and we watch Rose stare at where it just was for a few seconds before he re-appears and says something to her.

So the idea behind this story is while from the perspective of the viewer and Rose he was only gone for a few seconds, for him it was actually several days. He runs into SG-1 on some planet an there are bad guys and at some point I think they think he is a bad guy but they end up rescuing each other or something and basically he's moping about what is going in in "Rose" and an SG-1 member (Jack? Daniel?) gives him some good advice about the situation which is why he goes back.

Anyone come across this? Have any idea what it could be or where to find it?

Comment

I am new to the forum (this is my very first post) and I was hoping that someone could recommend a few stories for SG1 set on earth, but outside the SGC. Is there anything along the lines of "Seth." I have already read the Barista series and loved it. I tend to prefer team fic, Sam/Jack or Daniel centric.

Comment

These are all series (albeit some are quite short), gen, set basically on earth.

This Nest of Sparrows by Charli Booker (scroll down the page) - Jack and his housekeeper.

Look to the Heavens and Number the Stars plus its sequel The Silent Language of the Stars by Minervacat (the SGC's librarian)

ETA: Medical Considerations by OzKaren (scroll down) (Jack & Janet friendship, set on earth after various episodes during the first four seasons)

ETA: Points in Time by Brenda Anders (scroll down) (excerpts from Daniel's Journal first three seasons)

Seaboe
          Last edited by Seaboe Muffinchucker; 20 May 2014, 05:49 PM.
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

So I can say without a doubt that Beneath A Beating Sun by Magistrate is the best SG-1 fanfic I have ever read (and one of the best novels I've read, period). It's a very long action/adventure gen novel with amazing, smart plotting and outstanding characterization. I honestly cannot praise it high enough. Warning: it includes
            Spoiler:
            major character death
            but as we know, in SG-1
            Spoiler:
            death does not always stick
            so please, anyone who wants a terrific sci-fi novel with spot-on dialogue, incredibly complex and compelling character dynamics, intelligently written and exciting plot, and lots and lots of wonderful Teamy goodness, please consider reading this one. You will not regret it.

Comment

Someone was looking for this fic a while back that I'm pretty sure I stumbled across last night. Now I can't find the post to id who was looking so I'm just going to link it here and hope that the seeker finds it!
              Family by Eliza- the team is stranded and Daniel wants Jack and Sam to have an open relationship. (sorry rubbish description but I have no idea how else to describe it)

Comment

I just re-read a number of greenbirds' fics (link to author's AOO profile because there are a lot of them). They're a little hard to describe; the ones I like are AU NCIS/SG-1 crossovers, where Jethro and Jack worked together in Europe in the late 70s/ early 80s.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

For anyone who's interested, I've written a story or two centered around Daniel Jackson, who meets a very beautiful and intriguing woman and discovers a mystery. If you'd like to read the first story, here's the link to my Wordpress site...
                  https://spauli1.wordpress.com/fiction/second-chances/
                  Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                  (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

I just re-read Mei and Uncle Jack, and Mei and the Anomaly. The latter is, IMO the best mini!Jack fic I've ever read.

Seaboe

Comment

Is there an archive of oldest Jack/Sam fanfic? I was going through this thread, but most of them are gone, sites no longer exist. So far I think the only site that is still active is fanfiction.net. There are a lot of great stories on samandjack.net, but I don`t think it is active anymore because I can`t get a password to register on there. I would really love to read some of the recommendations that you posted.

Tnx

Comment

I'm pretty new here too and this is my first post outside of the welcome thread.

Is there any decent fic that has Col. Emerson or Maj. Davis as the main character? I'd love to see more with them.

Thanks!
                        Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by tamolino View Post
                          Is there an archive of oldest Jack/Sam fanfic? I was going through this thread, but most of them are gone, sites no longer exist. So far I think the only site that is still active is fanfiction.net. There are a lot of great stories on samandjack.net, but I don`t think it is active anymore because I can`t get a password to register on there. I would really love to read some of the recommendations that you posted.

Tnx
                          You can try the Novel Archive, but it's a pain to navigate. If you're ready to explore then go ahead as it'll probably cost you a lot of time (and disappointment) to find the goof stuff there.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Two comics of my friend. Both tell the story of the Wraith

The first - humorous (Time: Season 6) => POSSIBILITIES

The second - more serious (time: The Great War between Wraith and Lanteans) => CROSSING PATHS

Comment

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
                              Is there any decent fic that has Col. Emerson or Maj. Davis as the main character? I'd love to see more with them.
                              I just saw this. There's a fic out there where Maj. Davis is a major character (although not the main character). I can't remember the title, unfortunately, but it's set in the future, after the program goes public and the revelation has a nasty effect on society. Jack and Sam are alienated and I don't recall that either Teal'c or Daniel are even in the story. Maj. Davis was badly injured in an accident and is wheelchair bound.

Seaboe

Comment

Thanks Seaboe! Any ideas where? Here, FF, AO3?
                                Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                                X