Will AoT air on SciFi?

?

Originally posted by TheLastSunset View Post
    ?
    maybe
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Don't hold your breath, not till a while after it's out on DVD anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
        Don't hold your breath, not till a while after it's out on DVD anyways.
        Not necessarily. Scifi could air it shortly before it releases on DVD. However scifi had nothing to do with the movie.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Not necessarily. Scifi could air it shortly before it releases on DVD. However scifi had nothing to do with the movie.
          I seriously doubt MGM would agree to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            sorry but I have to agree with jenks, that makes no sense
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

First, SciFi still has a hand in the Stargate franchise as long as they show the new episodes of Atlantis.

Second, it would be like a special on the History Channel or something. Play it then release the DVD to increase sales.

Third, probably not. If Sci-Fi wanted more SG-1 action, they shouldn't have canceled SG-1.

Comment

I am almost absolutely positive it will air on Sci-Fi. They're airing SGA, so Stargate as a franchise is still relevant to them. I don't see why they wouldn't air it.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                  I am almost absolutely positive it will air on Sci-Fi. They're airing SGA, so Stargate as a franchise is still relevant to them. I don't see why they wouldn't air it.
                  I can almost say with 100% certainty that AoT won't air on Sci Fi. Even though SGA is on Sci Fi, the AoT has very little relation with it. MGM doesn't have ties concerning SG1 with Sci Fi.

On another note, showing the movie before release wouldn't increase sales. Many people don't buy or even rent movie twice after they have seen a movie already once. My entire, save myself, is like this and MGM knows far better.
                  Line in the Sand - Episode 1012

"We must stand fight!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    sorry but I have to agree with jenks, that makes no sense
                    Yeah you're right. MGM would probably rather tell scifi where to shove it.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think AoT will show up somewhere on TV. Perhaps MGM will do a "special feature" showing on Scifi. Or, perhaps the movie will be sold in a bundle of other MGM products to another TV channel.

Comment

if its not gonna be on sci fi, someone like Sky will get it for the UK, they seem to get all the stuff like that

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
                          I think AoT will show up somewhere on TV. Perhaps MGM will do a "special feature" showing on Scifi. Or, perhaps the movie will be sold in a bundle of other MGM products to another TV channel.
                          I wouldn't expect it on TV SOON. DVD SALES is the most important thing for MGM and I believe they won't allow any TV airing before selling such amount of copies which satisfies them.

Comment

God I hope they don't, they don't deserve to profit from an SG-1 movie after the way they cancelled the show

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              God I hope they don't, they don't deserve to profit from an SG-1 movie after the way they cancelled the show
                              Exactly. Plus, as I said earlier, I think MGM is not interested at all in TV airing any time soon, 'cause this would harm the DVD sales, which is the most important thing for them in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                              X