Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod Roddenberry (Gene's son) signs on as executive producer.

http://trekmovie.com/2016/03/03/rod-...ek-all-access/
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Report: New series will be set in the Prime universe, not the JJverse, and may be an anthology-style series
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh for crying out loud when will these studios realise setting their TV and Cinema productions in different universes doesn't work (IMHO).

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          Oh for crying out loud when will these studios realise setting their TV and Cinema productions in different universes doesn't work (IMHO).
          I'm inclined to disagree. TV and film accomplish different things, and what can be achieved in one is not easily done in the other. Only Marvel has truly been able to merge the two.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I kind of love the idea of a heavily serialized Star Trek Anthology show, and its great to know that the new show will be in the Prime verse

And i also disagree, i love how the arrowverse is separate from the new DC movie verse, only its a shame that its already had an impact within the arrowverse, ie killing certain characters to fit with the movie verse
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Re Bryan Fuller:
              Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Trekmovie: Bryan Fuller tapped for Star Trek All Access [as] showrunner
              Also, quite nice to see that DS9 is his favourite Trek series. That's promising.

For the record, Fuller's Trek writing credits include:
              [snipping the best episodes of Voyager]
              So, yes, these really are some of the best episodes of Voyager.
              • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
              • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
              • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing a series done with either the Enterprise-B, Enterprise-C, or the Stargazer
                Something for you: Star Trek: Beta Fleet
                If this were an animated series or a live action show, you'd be sitting at the edge of your chair and emanating beads of sweat everywhere (of all the excitement watching that). And the Captain there is many times better than Madame Captain Janeway.
                Last edited by Mardus; 14 April 2016, 05:05 PM. Reason: Clarification.
                • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
                • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  I'm inclined to disagree. TV and film accomplish different things, and what can be achieved in one is not easily done in the other. Only Marvel has truly been able to merge the two.
                  Big blockbuster movies, if they do it a certain way, have the luxury of raking in large amounts of money from Asian markets. Most of the time, these are China and India, but both are very sensitive.

Whereas a tv series on some obscure streaming site region-blocked to include only the 50 states of the U.S. has small chances of making it by way of ads and ratings. Unless its Netflix. Or unless it's simultaneously offered in other friendly markets.

I also thought of IPTV-based cable services in individual countries, but IPTV — which is like cable, but not quite like it — is really not that widespread in the world.

Comment

First teaser trailer!

So...a potential logo/title card (very pretty!), and a tagline which might? maybe? possibly? lend some credence to the anthology rumour: "New Crews. New Villains. New Heroes. New Worlds."

Still this is about as vague as you can get with a teaser

Comment

So what would we prefer? A post-Dominion War setting? A pre-TNG era? Parallel universe?
                      sigpic

Comment

The end of the trailer said premiering on CBS and on all access CBS.....so that means it will also air on the regular network? Hope so, I already have Netflix and Amazon prime....can't justify another streaming service....

Comment

I am glad we are getting a new Star Trek TV series however there is 1 thing that annoys me about this, that is its going to be shown on CBS's own streaming site. Have anyone heard how us International fans are going to be able to watch it legally?? Or are we all going to have to find other means of watching it??

Comment

The trailer I linked--literally 3 posts up from yours (lol)--says CBS and CBS All Access. That would seem to imply it'll play on CBS as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
                              Have anyone heard how us International fans are going to be able to watch it legally?? Or are we all going to have to find other means of watching it??
                              International fans don't matter to the American market.

You'll have to wait until a station buys the rights to show the new series, or download it in less than legal ways. Or wait for the DVD's to arrive.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ahh this is crazy good looking :

https://youtu.be/dCyv5xKIqlw

Comment

Working...
                                X