No announcement yet.

Disappointed in Farscape so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the whole series. Loved some parts. Wished I could get my life back for a lot of the rest.

To each his own, though. I hope you enjoy it!
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I enjoyed this show pretty much from the beginning. Don't give up yet, but, it just might not be for you.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was happy with Farscape the moment I started watching it. I was skeptical at first but the show really grew on me. Especially later on in the later seasons.

Comment

Farscape will probably always be my favorite science fiction show.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
            Season 1 is easily the weakest. If you don't like it after the end of 2 then I'd say you won't like the rest of it. Season 1 has a completely different tone to the others.

Which 4 did you like though? I should be able to tell from that what you'll think of the rest of the series.

Your next episode, 1.19, should be "nerve" , followed by "hidden memory". If you end up liking those you'll probably like the rest of the series. They're similar in tone, introduce the handsome fellow in my avatar, and lay the ground work for what will become the series' central arc.
            Your timing is impeccable. I just finished watching Nerve and the 2nd part tonight (usually watch Farscape on Saturdays) and I loved them both. These two now have become my favorite episodes to date. If you are telling me Scorpius will now become more involved, ya-hooooooo.

I really liked the Mad Scientist, the premier, That Old Black Magic and A Human Reaction were also very good. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the show - just somewhat disappointed. But hopefully tonight is the beginning of an upward swing. (Hated losing Giliani though.)
            - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
              Pretty much this. The last 4 episodes are a marked rise in quality from the rest of season 1 and after that the quality goes up and up. If you like them, you’ll like the rest of the show.
              Yippee! As previously mentioned, I loved Nerve and the follow up with Scorpius and Crais on screen. I'm not sure why they abandoned Crais for so long. I'm interested in baby Moya now. Cool ship.

Comment

Just wanted to add this - I read all 18 rebuttals and I can't say how much I appreciated every single one of them. Such graciousness, encouragement, and honesty. But what I really liked was no one felt the need to convince me my opinion is the wrong one.

Now I know I love this place - such maturity and willingness to help a brother in need.

Thanks to all.

TM

PS I have two more episodes left (Born to be Wild and Family Ties) but after tonights episodes I watched and reading all your comments, I'm renewed and excited about pressing forward.

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMennis View Post
                  Just wanted to add this - I read all 18 rebuttals and I can't say how much I appreciated every single one of them. Such graciousness, encouragement, and honesty. But what I really liked was no one felt the need to convince me my opinion is the wrong one.

Now I know I love this place - such maturity and willingness to help a brother in need.

Thanks to all.

TM

PS I have two more episodes left (Born to be Wild and Family Ties) but after tonights episodes I watched and reading all your comments, I'm renewed and excited about pressing forward.
                  That's us. We're a pretty accepting group. Also, I don't think you get anywhere telling people their opinion of a show is wrong. It's all subjective when it's fiction. I think you're better off telling them what you like about the show and helping them along.

I hope you grow to love Scorpius as much as I do. He may be my favorite villian of all time.

Oh and the next ep is 'Bone' to be Wild. You'll understand the title after you watch it.

You might want to check the thread - My journey through Farscape. Maneth recently started watching the show and posts his opinions/comments after each epoisode. We've been reminiscing along. I think he's about a 1/3 thru season 2.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

She, but nemmind. I'm seriously considering a name change to Lady Maneth, for some reason oh so many people assume I'm a (gay?) guy...
                    sigpic

Comment

Season 1 may be the weakest season(the intro rules, however), but Season 2 is better. Even maybe the best. In Season 1, yes we find everything out and in the remaining 3 seasons, the characters "start to get comfortable". Crichton goes insane, Chiana calms down, Aeryn falls in love with John, Chiana hooks up with D'Argo, Zhaan vanishes, Rygel becomes useless and we have the show.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        She, but nemmind. I'm seriously considering a name change to Lady Maneth, for some reason oh so many people assume I'm a (gay?) guy...
                        You're not!!!!! (j/k)

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                          You might want to check the thread - My journey through Farscape. Maneth recently started watching the show and posts his opinions/comments after each epoisode. We've been reminiscing along. I think he's about a 1/3 thru season 2.
                          Cool! That sounds like fun. Will get on it. Thanks.

Comment

Next up Bone to be Wild. You'll see why it's called that when you watch the ep. IMO most memorable for the appearance of Ben Browder's wife, who played a rather unique character.
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like this thread needs a new name!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMennis View Post
                                Your timing is impeccable. I just finished watching Nerve and the 2nd part tonight (usually watch Farscape on Saturdays) and I loved them both. These two now have become my favorite episodes to date. If you are telling me Scorpius will now become more involved, ya-hooooooo.
                                Scorpius plays a VERY large role in the coming seasons. Nerve and Hidden memory aren't even his best episodes, so you've got a lot to look forward to.

My only advice now would be don't let the beginning of season 2 drag your spirits down again. There's a couple potential duds in there very early on, but it gets absolutely awesome about midway through and the 3 parter near the end is probably some of the best episodes the show ever produced.

Comment

Working...
                                X