Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgehman View Post
    Oh yeah! Classic Douglas Adams. We all know real invisibility is very expensive, just label it "somebody elses problem" and the mind ignores it.
    Oh I get it now!

Stars with gates are cool...
    "Somewhere, somebody's blog just blew up."

Comment

Just a thought. Suzie is credited in imdb as being in most of the episodes. I know it is not the most reliable source, but will she be back?
      On IMDB, they're all credited so far for five episodes. So I don't know if you should trust that.
      "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

IMDB? Unreliable?! Pshaw!

I wanna learn more about Ianto, the dark horse amongst them.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
          It was a creepy looking pickled hand in a organisation involved with aliens. they're hardly likely to have it around for decoration are they?
          Best response in the thread
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks View Post
            Well, I walked from the city centre to the bay and it seemed to take hours (really only 20 minutes but it was past all these creepy looking high rises). It's a fairly compact city but I wouldn't expect anyone to run everywhere.
            Cardiff is indeed a compact place - but, as you say, not compact enough to enable people to run between places without apparent effort like Gwen managed to do when she covered the distance between the High Street and City Hall in less than ten seconds. Okay it was an edit, but these two locations are a good half mile apart - and she was barely puffed despite running at full tilt! No wonder they want her at Torchwood; she's really a superhero!

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Or is it just that the Torchwood facility is conveniently central to everything?
            As Shep'sSocks has kindly demonstrated for us (you walked to the Bay? Why not use the number 6 bendy bus like unfit, lazy Unases do? ), Torchwood would only be central to everything if you wanted to eat in a different restaurant every night for a month and live in an incredibly expensive yuppie flat with walls thinner than a sheet of loo roll (or you happen to be an Assembly Member). The City is about two or three miles north of The Bay.

Of course, this is 'TV' Cardiff, not 'Real' Cardiff - so distances are a probably bit meaningless; not to mention people are able to see through buildings with extra eyes in the backs of their heads. That's the only way that Gwen and Boyfriend could possibly have stood at the bottom end of St Mary Street staring southwards in astonishment as a fireball streaked northwards over the Friary. Oh - wait. It was an edit, wasn't it? D'oh...

I'm still wondering whether or not to forgive the makers for that Aerial shot of Brunel House - maybe they were hoping for a nice little piece in the Echo with someone from Visit Wales going on about Torchwood being good for Cardiff Tourism in return for a funky shot of their office block.

If they were - they did.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD View Post
              Right after Jack explains the perception filter, am I the only one who shouted "Somebody Elses Problem Field" (in my head at least)? Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought that.
              Me. Maybe it is a nod to the great Douglas Adams, as he used to write for Dr Who

Comment

Right after Jack explains the perception filter, am I the only one who shouted "Somebody Elses Problem Field" (in my head at least)? Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought that.
                Yes! I was sat there thinking about the NIMBY effect (Not In My Back Yard)!
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know if this has already been brought up in this thread yet, but is there anyone else who cant stand Gwen's GAPING HOLE between her front two teeth?

It's driving me batty.

Stars with gates are cool...
                  "Somewhere, somebody's blog just blew up."

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                    As Shep'sSocks has kindly demonstrated for us (you walked to the Bay? Why not use the number 6 bendy bus like unfit, lazy Unases do? ), Torchwood would only be central to everything if you wanted to eat in a different restaurant every night for a month and live in an incredibly expensive yuppie flat with walls thinner than a sheet of loo roll (or you happen to be an Assembly Member). The City is about two or three miles north of The Bay.
                    I was with a local who said, "It's not far to the bay. Let's walk!" I didn't mind the walkies bit but could have done without the creepy high rises. On the way back I made her walk past the yuppy high rises instead. Yes, we walked back.

What I'd like to see is a shot of the house on Cowbridge Road East that Ivor Novello was born in. Used to pass it on the bus on the way to my friend's house. That would be cool.

Comment

Just a thought. Suzie is credited in imdb as being in most of the episodes. I know it is not the most reliable source, but will she be back?
                      No, she's on the Torchwood website too, and was credited as a regular in the credits (I think) it was all to catch us off guard. Joss Whedon did it for Buffy a couple of times too, it never ceases to shock me
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I, alas, have to admit that I didn't; but, now that you mention it - it's a very good point. I like it!

Suzie also got a full profile in the Radio Times's pre-series hype. It'll be interesting to see whether she returns or whether this was indeed a 'shock exit' thing.
                        sigpic

Comment

She was on the end-of-episode credits for Day One as well.
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                            That might have been a contractual thing, or they were allowed to so they didn't have to redo the credits. (Even though that would take them a few secs >.>).

This is slightly off topic but I have a question for Cardiff residents/people who have been there/going there etc. I was wondering if any of you had pictures you wouldn't mind sharing/giving? I'd give the entire discription of how this is ontopic, but, I don't want to clog up the thread with promo/explination. *L*
                            "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                              I thought those credits were joint ones used, Im sure I saw cast lists headed by the episode titles
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Watching it now, tacky as hell but thats what makes the universe funny I suppose!

Comment

Working...
                                X