No announcement yet.

Gatecon 2018: The Invasion Sept 14-16, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubt they'll sell out...only a couple of weeks ago Fryn was asking where all the dedicated Stargate fans were as if they don't make good sales for this one it would probably be the last....hopefully it will get a good turn out this year...I went to the last one but I can't afford the time or the money to travel to Vancouver again for a Convention and as the people I was hoping to see last time pulled out and are now going to be there this time believe me I wish I could ....I'm afraid I spent too much last time in the mad rush to buy tickets the moment they went on sale and when I lost my favourites appearances due to cancellation it made me very wary of committing early ever again.....now I have a granddaughter I'm afraid all my spare money goes on making her life comfortable and happy and helping out her very hardworking mum and dad (my son) ...so no Gatecons for me again sadly ....but the joy of seeing my granddaughter laughing and kissing me makes up for all that

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Amanda Tapping has been the one elusive guest I hope won't cancel again.

I saw the post by Fryn, but I think it may have been deleted since.

Comment

It has...but by who, who knows?

She has spoken the truth though....support for Stargate guests can be sketchy....only 2 days ago FEDCON actually took the fairly unprecedented action of cancelling RDA's upcoming May 2018 appearance at their Convention in Bonn themselves due to "lack of ticket sales" and something along the lines of "the difficulty and cost of booking Stargate guests"...fans in Europe are not happy about it I can tell you....and I wouldn't be either...I saw the three (RDA, MS & AT) at FEDCON in 2014 and they were awesome...it was very expensive to buy photo ops and autographs and I certainly waited till my arrival at the Con to buy them so Con Organisers really do need to respect the financial constraints of fans when organising these things and not JUST rely on them all to buy everything on offer, on promised appearances....whether you liked them or not, if Creation got a guest it was REALLY very unusual for said guest to cancel....in fact I think one of their most loyal and regular visitors was Michael Shanks who apart from one year attended virtually ALL of their Cons he was invited to.....they were expensive but they did deliver, especially in the earlier years when Stargate was still running some way or another, aka 2005-2009/10

Deeds xx
        sigpic

Comment

Richard responded to my GC forum post. His language let me know that tickets won't be resold. 2016 had 1000 tickets and tickets were allowed to be resold along with extras.. This time there's 500 tickets. You know someone would buy a Gold ticket for less. They had mentioned early on that day passes would be available. Not only am I eating the gold ticket and banquet ticket, but I'm also eating the AT10 ticket and associated flight costs. I have a feeling this is the last Gatecon. Travel to Canada and/or UK is out.

Comment

Well they won't get my custom for early ticket buying again with no chances of resale...they won't sell out, not in a million years imho....and that goes for other friends of mine who lost out on money wasted on the previous Gatecon when they were unable to resell or exchange....shame really as it puts loyal fans off, well some loyal fans shall we say....I'm afraid I have too much other stuff going on in my life now to waste a single penny that I can't afford to lose...so Cons like this that offer a very rigid ticket policy are out for me...

Deeds
            sigpic

Comment

^ Agree

I just reread another post on the GC forum, and a convention ticket isn't needed for the film location tour. Wow!
              Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 12 March 2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Brad Wright was announced as a guest, and I doubt any refunds will be issued. Made travel plans.

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                  ...fans in Europe...
                  Usually end up with the short end of the stick in general when it comes to conventions.

I am currently in the know of 2 dedicated conventions in the "vicinity" -- 1 in Paris which has guests from the CW shows, Supergirl, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. And there's Cal Mah, which is a first year event in November dedicated to Stargate (all of it, from SG-1 to SGO) but prices are way too steep to travel to either. Although we were considering going to Paris for the Heroes weekend but the money we would pay for the trip would literally cut our vacation budget in half. And our priorities are not aimed at conventions.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Last time I visited Canada was for a Stargate convention in Burnaby, BC in 2012. Medical pot wasn't legalized then so it was safe for me. But now that Canada has medical pot and soon to have rec pot legalized by September 2018, no travel to Canada for me. I have a gold main ticket, banquet ticket, and film location bus tour ticket to get sell if I can. I've alerted the GC organizers.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                      Medical pot wasn't legalized then so it was safe for me. But now that Canada has medical pot and soon to have rec pot legalized by September 2018, no travel to Canada for me.
                      Color me confused but what does that have to do with not being able to attend Gatecon?

Comment

^ none of your business

Comment

^ none of your business
                          Then why mention it at all...

Comment

Still no word on re-selling tickets

Comment

Still no word on re-selling tickets
                              You're probably already aware of this, but I found this bit in the Terms of Conditions of Gatecon:

If the event is sold out whereby we have no tickets left for sale we will allow the transfer or resale of tickets to persons on the waiting list should such a list exist at that time. Private resale or transfer of tickets is not allowed and can render the ticket null and void. If you are unable to attend the event Contact Us directly by email. We will endeavour to put you in touch with someone on the waiting list should such a list exist at that time.

Comment

That sounds like the rules from 2016. I've already contacted Fryn and Richard.

* I know that two Platinum ticket holders had to cancel and they aren't getting a refund
                                Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 03 July 2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X