Charmed : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
    I'm in for that rewatch. I'm already 7 episodes in.

BTW, those who wanted Prue on the series finale. It was impossible coz Doherty said she didn't want anything do do with Charmed. They couldn't have her coz she didn't want to and even if she accepted, she would have asked for lots of money that are not possible to fulfill. They even avoided her in flashbacks beginning season 3. Except once when they showed her from the back.

I'm reading the comics now as well.
    I think you mean season 4...because Prue was still alive and well in season 3.
    sigpic

Comment

According to members at "The Charmed Cafe" Shannen owned her image and when she was (fired via phone call long distance), she took it with her. Hence the reason you never ever saw photos. Holly was most up-set...I think Alyssa went shopping! I was also told that SD cut a deal for a percentage at the start of production. So she received checks until the end of the series. Hay...smart move!!
      sigpic

Comment

i remember when i heard that she quit and was really surprised. of course i was eleven at the time so i didn't understand the idea that money was more important to them than acting in the show.

i did then and still do like how they transitioned paige into it, and prue's death was well done too. "charmed again" had a lot of emotion in it and showed how different people react. pheobe tries to put on a front. piper goes from extreme grieving to kick ass (which she stays for the rest of the show).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          I think you mean season 4...because Prue was still alive and well in season 3.
          Yeah my bad. Meant to say 4. I was sleepy when I wrote this.
          Originally posted by blueray View Post
          i remember when i heard that she quit and was really surprised. of course i was eleven at the time so i didn't understand the idea that money was more important to them than acting in the show.

i did then and still do like how they transitioned paige into it, and prue's death was well done too. "charmed again" had a lot of emotion in it and showed how different people react. pheobe tries to put on a front. piper goes from extreme grieving to kick ass (which she stays for the rest of the show).
          Quit? She didn't quit.
          She was fired coz all of her fights with Alyssa coz she was so jealous that fans love Alyssa more than her now. You know Doherty had a huge show before that and she thought she would be the fans favorite on Charmed coz she's the famous one, but fans actually liked Alyssa much more (of course they did). So there began the arguments. She had to go
          It is said she's always a trouble wherever she is.

Comment

Yeah my bad. Meant to say 4. I was sleepy when I wrote this.

Quit? She didn't quit.
            She was fired coz all of her fights with Alyssa coz she was so jealous that fans love Alyssa more than her now. You know Doherty had a huge show before that and she thought she would be the fans favorite on Charmed coz she's the famous one, but fans actually liked Alyssa much more (of course they did). So there began the arguments. She had to go
            It is said she's always a trouble wherever she is.
            Okay..here is where Lady Midnight puts her head on the block. I must first admit that I am not a screaming Aylssa fan. I had no opinion of her when the show started. When she did "Who's the Boss" and Shannen worked on "Little House" and "Our House" that was kid stuff. Some never make the transition from child star to adult performer. I tend to wait for the end product. The turning point for them was "Melrose Place" and "Beverly Hills". I never watched Melrose and Beverly Hills I caught hit and miss. I can say I had no problem believing Shannen as Brenda. So for my time in front of the tube she did her job. From a performer that is all I require. Looking at peoples personal lives is an interesting addiction. On that note, I'm glad I am not in the business. I did the 60's...I'm an Aries not an angle.

Alyssa was not the first Phoebe. She was in short, a replacement. I think there might have been an agenda. SD was lead. That doesn't have to be liked...just realized. Both SD and AM were Spelling girls and both had kiddy credits behind them. Holly was more Piper than anyone ever noticed. In the middle. Known but not overly so (Picket Fences) and not a Spelling
            girl. She had her work cut out for her. And entering into this as a close friend of SD, doubly so.

I suspect AM was determined to get to the top of the ladder. In the business that's a standard route traveled. But for me it's how you do it not that you are. Please do not think I believe AM premeditated this, because I do not! I think the situation presented itself, and she was clever enough to take advantage/manipulate the outcome. This does not make her bad but the word cunning comes to mind.

SD wasn't happy with some of the story lines. Now it has been pointed out that she was often front and center...so that wasn't the problem. What appeared to trouble her was...the stories. A member here even stated that they liked the show until it got silly. That as I read was part of the discord. SD was fired and if you look into how that was handled you should not only be disappointed as to how TPTB dealt with it, but ask yourself...what if that had been you? It was tasteless and cruel..and for all of her so called short coming and misgivings...they did not rise above her, but shall we say sank to her level...and no I am not putting her down, but proving that their actions are not to be valued. Note: The creator, Connie Burge was demoted when SD was fired...and completely gone a year later. This sounds like house cleaning to me, and in big business the first to go are the most powerful, expensive, and out-spoken. That doesn't make them any less talented, creative or productive. Gee, are you sure you still want me on the Charmed thread? It's okay...as I will not be hurt or insulted...I'm an old goat Aries...I can deal...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
              Okay..here is where Lady Midnight puts her head on the block. I must first admit that I am not a screaming Aylssa fan. I had no opinion of her when the show started. When she did "Who's the Boss" and Shannen worked on "Little House" and "Our House" that was kid stuff. Some never make the transition from child star to adult performer. I tend to wait for the end product. The turning point for them was "Melrose Place" and "Beverly Hills". I never watched Melrose and Beverly Hills I caught hit and miss. I can say I had no problem believing Shannen as Brenda. So for my time in front of the tube she did her job. From a performer that is all I require. Looking at peoples personal lives is an interesting addiction. On that note, I'm glad I am not in the business. I did the 60's...I'm an Aries not an angle.
              Err... She was good as Brenda coz Brenda's a kid.
              The problem with Doherty is that she thinks she's the best and that nobody could ever be as good as her... never. What most people don't know is that when an actor/actress has a feeling deep inside, it translate on the screen. We WILL see it no matter how much they try to hide it. It's how acting works. Only a very very very VERY professional actor could pull this through and she's not THAT professional. This is just a very highly advanced stage of acting.
              About Alyssa, well, I'm a guy. And Alyssa's hot. What can I say. Maybe she's not that awesome of an actress, but she's still better than Doherty. She works hard enough to get the best image possible and that shows. As for Doherty, she thinks she's the best already so doesn't even try. She thinks she's gonna be good without even trying. That's why she fails.

Alyssa was not the first Phoebe. She was in short, a replacement. I think there might have been an agenda. SD was lead. That doesn't have to be liked...just realized. Both SD and AM were Spelling girls and both had kiddy credits behind them. Holly was more Piper than anyone ever noticed. In the middle. Known but not overly so (Picket Fences) and not a Spelling
              girl. She had her work cut out for her. And entering into this as a close friend of SD, doubly so.
              I know there was some actress called Lori Rom or something that was supposed to be Phoebe. I watched the unaired pilot, but you know what? I think I wouldn't have been that true of a fan if Phoebe wasn't Alyssa. Rom's acting is just terrible. Well, in other words, this isn't even acting. If Rom had become Phoebe, I would have considered the show unbearable. Doherty and Rom are just too much for me. One annoying gal was more than enough. I consider Alyssa to be the treat of the show. Hot AND loved. Don't get me wrong, I do love Holly, but she's not hot.

I suspect AM was determined to get to the top of the ladder. In the business that's a standard route traveled. But for me it's how you do it not that you are. Please do not think I believe AM premeditated this, because I do not! I think the situation presented itself, and she was clever enough to take advantage/manipulate the outcome. This does not make her bad but the word cunning comes to mind.
              Cunning? Come on!!!! All she did was prove herself... fair and square. You know you're thinking just like Doherty. That's the thinking that got her fired, BTW. And BELIEVE me, I know it when an actor/actress is trying too much to prove themselves. And Alyssa only did what was needed. She just worked hared enough to look good. But she never tried too hard than needed or I wouldn't have been defending her right now.

SD wasn't happy with some of the story lines. Now it has been pointed out that she was often front and center...so that wasn't the problem. What appeared to trouble her was...the stories. A member here even stated that they liked the show until it got silly. That as I read was part of the discord. SD was fired and if you look into how that was handled you should not only be disappointed as to how TPTB dealt with it, but ask yourself...what if that had been you? It was tasteless and cruel..and for all of her so called short coming and misgivings...they did not rise above her, but shall we say sank to her level...and no I am not putting her down, but proving that their actions are not to be valued. Note: The creator, Connie Burge was demoted when SD was fired...and completely gone a year later. This sounds like house cleaning to me, and in big business the first to go are the most powerful, expensive, and out-spoken. That doesn't make them any less talented, creative or productive. Gee, are you sure you still want me on the Charmed thread? It's okay...as I will not be hurt or insulted...I'm an old goat Aries...I can deal...
              1- She WASN'T happy???? Are you frelling kidding me??? They turned Prue into a Wonder Woman... Come on!!!!!
              2- I can't put myself in her place coz I'm not a jerk.
              3- I REALLY liked Prue, but Doherty ruined her for me.
              4- If TPTB hadn't done that, the show would have been over. Believe me, I know how this works. Either this thing is solved or it's the end line. So how can it be solved, just remove the source and all will be good and that's what happened.
              5- I know Constance changed position a lot, but she was not fired. And I don't know enough about her to judge her anyway.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You can state yours, as can anybody else. Difference in opinions shouldn't cause any trouble and it won't. This thread is for discussions and we'll keep it that way. We'll keep discussing our opinions of the show.

Comment

Thank you for comments...in retrospect we will be chatting about the characters and the stories they tell. Who they are out in the real world will not be part of the mix. I shouldn't have made that post...it was not on target. I mixed a brew of fantasy and reality with some chocolate flavor vodka thrown in. I demon made me do it....
                sigpic

Comment

Where did you guys disappear? Aren't we gonna start this rewatch???

Thank you for comments...in retrospect we will be chatting about the characters and the stories they tell. Who they are out in the real world will not be part of the mix. I shouldn't have made that post...it was not on target. I mixed a brew of fantasy and reality with some chocolate flavor vodka thrown in. I demon made me do it....
                  Does that mean I win? You have nothing to say now?

Comment

i'm not a huge shannon fan, but i've never met her so i can't say what shes really like.

though now that i'm older and have seen the show many times, i like Paige better than Prue. shes a much better character (less perfect). and i like how she gets to know Piper and Phoebe over time. which one do you guys like better?
                    sigpic

Comment

As I said earlier, I'm a fan of Prue, but not Shannen Doherty. She ruined Prue.
                      Paige is a tolerable person. I didn't like her at first, but she grew on me. She really came a long way.
                      Phoebe has always been my favorite.
                      Piper is my second favorite. She's always the funniest. She is "spontaneously" funny.

Comment

Where did you guys disappear? Aren't we gonna start this rewatch???

Does that mean I win? You have nothing to say now?
                        I don't really know what you mean. .....I'm not a friend of SD's, and for all I know, since we are both Aries, if we ran into each other we could end up hissing and spitting like two mad cats. What I need to do is not mix Prue with Shannen.
                        When the re-watch begins I have to focus on the Halliwell's not the people playing the parts. So yes, I did take a step back from that. If there were threads here on the actors than that would be the proper place for me to run my mouth. I was out of line here and in that case...you did win...as you should. This was my bad. Not talking? Me!! Oh sure, but only in space where they can't hear me scream....
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't really know what you mean. .....I'm not a friend of SD's, and for all I know, since we are both Aries, if we ran into each other we could end up hissing and spitting like two mad cats. What I need to do is not mix Prue with Shannen.
                          When the re-watch begins I have to focus on the Halliwell's not the people playing the parts. So yes, I did take a step back from that. If there were threads here on the actors than that would be the proper place for me to run my mouth. I was out of line here and in that case...you did win...as you should. This was my bad. Not talking? Me!! Oh sure, but only in space where they can't hear me scream....
                          You don't have to be a friend to defend.
                          spit and hiss? I don't know about you, but I know she would.
                          It's really OK. At least on my side.

Comment

You don't have to be a friend to defend.

Nice remark...That goes in my memory bank...

spit and hiss? I don't know about you, but I know she would.

Tis okay...I bob and weave well...

It's really OK. At least on my side.
                            Cool
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, it looks like Charmed is finally coming back to TV. However, I don't think all fans are excited about the differences in the reboot.

Here is the trailer:

sigpic

Comment

Blech!!

Comment

Working...
                                X