Awakening (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    can you imagine the call back at the sanctuary? 'yes, hi, we found the cave, no wasn't praxis, but hey, got some good news, Tesla is revamped and we need a ride.....hello?????? hellloooo?????? anyone there??????'
    Hahahahaha.

Comment

That lady is a vampire queen. Do we really expect her to be dead?
      Yes I fully expect her to be dead. That was a hell of an explosion to escape. She had absolutely no idea it was coming.

Comment

Now this was the Sanctuary I know and love!

The banter between Helen and Nikola is great, and I was laughing out loud at them.
        The vamp queen was also great.....as was her cleavage.

I even enjoyed the B story with Kate. It's nice to see the change in her from when she first came to the Sanctuary.

This episode perfectly shows the difference between scenes with two people in them; the adult banter between Helen and Nikola, and the childishness of Will and Abby.
        I know which I prefer.

Great episode, and I'm so looking forward to next week.
        sigpic

Comment

Ah this is the Sanctuary I know. Great ep. Could have done without the B story but hey Biggie was funny
          Man what a difference it makes when they are writing for interesting characters. And JY is just BRILLIANT!

Comment

Seeing the original vamps was cool, Tesla becoming a vampire again is even cooler!
            sigpic

Comment

Anxiously awaiting this ep.

Who wrote/directed this one?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Now this was the Sanctaury I love Helen and Tesla were just wonderful together, love the snark and the caring Those two could do a comedy show These two are wonderfully written characters and thier interactions are not forced, they just go so well together (and I don't mean in a shippy way ) The queen was also a good character, you knew she was not to be trusted and I loved Tesla disappointment in her when she threw him in that trap. The guy just falls for the wrong women Helen was also great going up against her, she knew she couldn't win, but she had to try. I like how Helen tricked the Queen, yep brains over brawn always works Sad to see the map go though

All in all a great episode, Sanctuary is BACK BABY
                ^what she said. I actually was nervous for Helen. favorite line: "...while using me as your personal canteen." Very Magnus.

I'm so glad the vampire queen got dealt with in one episode and not a long continuing story.

Comment

Loved this episode! Sanctuary is back, thank the gods.

And srsly? Gillian Horvath is now my favorite Sanctuary writer. She's awesome.

Loved the chemistry between Magnus & Tesla. So fabulous and super-fun. It really brought a huge smile to my face. I even loved the vampire queen. (Was it just me, or did she appear to be looking at Magnus as more than just a meal?) The entire A story was pitch perfect. B story was good too. I liked a bit of insight into Kate's past and her struggle to live up to what she perceives the Sanctuary's standards to be. Magnus has become something of a hero to her. I think it will be interesting to see what happens when she comes face-to-face with Magnus' dark side. Also, way to act like a grownup, finally, Will.

I'm not discounting that the vamps are not actually totally dead. #1 they are vampires, #2 it's sci-fi. But we'll see.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                    A good one, but this could've been a good episode to launch a meta plot that would take an entire season to fight against the Vampires. I'd love to see a vampire/human war.

But I knew what Helen was planning. It's a shame to see the database go.
                    I know! I'm actually disappointed they were all blown up, I would've loved it if the Queen escaped and did either manage to reach Hollow Earth or start creating a new army of vampires

I really enjoyed the episode but there were several things that bugged me.

-B story. Was this really necessary? Unlike previous episodes I think the Queen plot was strong enough to focus entirely on it, and the b-story added nothing new and was really obviously just a time filler.

-How they have to explain things sometimes is a bit annoying... like how Helen goes "we had our shiels on and it didn't recognise our vampire blood" or something like that, it's like, no ****. I love later how the Queen points out her condescending (or perhaps, simplistic) nature. I think I'd go for the latter, she does explain things very simply more often than not for someone so intelligent.

-I think the CGI for the "tomb" of the court was pretty.. poor

-Was it really believeable that the Queen's crystal structure was weakened enough by a shot a few millimitres into it that would've enabled Helen to smash it with a rock?

There were a few other things I forgot...

The last point... and maybe the main one for me, is that, did anyone notice that the Ashley's room is now the gym? Sure she always had some gym equipment there, but I can't believe they just chucked her room out and made it a gym :/

Comment

Well I have to say KUDOS that there has finally been a real episode of Sanctuary that reminded me of why I fell in love with this show in the first place...the mystery, the mystic, the history, the fun all there.

Unlike other episodes despite the fact that Nikola Tesla is not my favorite character I cannot say one episode he was in that I just did not adore and Awakening was the same. He and Magnus have such chemistry it's just absolutely amazing but I'm glad it's not there every single episode and he just comes by now and then...he would loose some of the mystery and suspense surrounding him if he was there every episode I think.

Let me also just say that it is FANTASTIC that they re-vamped him and in a VERY real way. I thought that rocked, truly. I didn't see it coming before learning about the episode and I can't wait to see what trouble he gets into now. LOL

Like others have said I'm glad they didn't make this into a long story-line, just enough hint that it may creep up again but dealt with the day to day operations and that was good...fantastic really as I much preferred it since the history of the vampires is already embroiled in the Sanctuary story as a whole.

Also one of the best things I loved about the B-story, the first one I really like as they usually don't deal with Helen and she is my favorite to watch on screen, it was nice seeing Will doing a little bit more of the reason he was recruited for the Sanctuary in the first place aka trying to help staff and patients deal with things or making them understand that their history isn't all they are today. That's the Will I fell in love with, I don't mind him kicking tail now and then but not every episode...he needs to be a little bit more like Daniel Jackson from SG1 in the first five seasons...knows which way to hold a gun but doesn't really like it much.

Kate and Biggie always have such great chemistry, ever since Haunted in season 2 they've just had some of the best scenes together. No Henry this episode but some nice mentions.

I agree with others...SANCTUARY IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!
                      Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                      Melissa

Comment

I think part of what I enjoyed with the vampire story in this one is that Magnus wasn't totally dismissed by the vamp queen as a mere mortal. After all, Helen does have a bit of vampire blood in her. Considering that Afina tossed Tesla aside as just a minion & not quite worthy, I'm glad she was able to spar a bit with Helen - even if she was going to use her for feeding at some point. (Ewww!)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                          Great episode!!!!!
                          i couldn't agree more!

sanctuary was back to it's solid writing and great acting! okay, as soon as amanda/helen is focused, it's those two for me!

random:

color was weird in the ep. muted coloring. kind of neat. did anyone else notice?

helen and tesla flirting is fun! and great dialog and bantering!

helen really did come off a bit jealous. hehe.

the helen-vampire queen interactions were great, and i wish they'd have more one-on-one scenes. LOVED when helen said, 'i hope you choke on it'!

i like kate's, 'i'm not alone, i'm with the sanctuary now'. you go, kate!

i'll now read others thoughts and reply if needed.

i really enjoyed this episode!
                          Last edited by majorsal; 17 May 2011, 04:59 PM.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                            The vampire queen was definitely a better character than the trailer led me to believe, but her chest was so distracting. Could have done without that.
                            yeah, i suddenly noticed her boobage when she'd pushed helen against the wall and was threatening her with being their fast food restaurant.

that was really a great scene too
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              I even loved the vampire queen. (Was it just me, or did she appear to be looking at Magnus as more than just a meal?)
                              TOTALLY not just you - I thought the vampire queen was very...interested...in Helen. And seriously, who wouldn't be?!?!

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                              How they have to explain things sometimes is a bit annoying... like how Helen goes "we had our shiels on and it didn't recognise our vampire blood" or something like that, it's like, no ****. I love later how the Queen points out her condescending (or perhaps, simplistic) nature. I think I'd go for the latter, she does explain things very simply more often than not for someone so intelligent.
                              I did think the line about not recognizing their vampire blood due to the shield bracelet was unnecessary, but didn't really bother me all that much. As far as Helen explaining things simply more often than not, I kind of like that. It is certainly something that sets Helen Magnus apart from Sam Carter - who frequently needed to be told to explain things in plain English as opposed to technobabble.
                              Last edited by meredithchandler73; 18 May 2011, 04:44 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                                --really loved the vampire queen. I liked how she wanted Magnus to join her court. Just about everyone falls for Magnus, don't they?
                                --Tesla's reverence and then hatred for the queen was terrific. Love early on when she was awakened and Tesla says something like (sorry for the paraphrase), "Look at her. Strong, intelligent, holds up very well for age - all the qualities I look for in a woman." I'm sure I mangled the line, but it made me laugh out loud.
                                --I'm kind of glad the map to Hollow Earth was destroyed. It could have turned into a crutch ("check the database") when a problem needed solving. We know they got some info from it. That works for me.
                                --I'm a little surprised the queen didn't feed on Helen at all. As soon as she woke up, I was waiting for when she would go for Helen. I thought maybe that would be the moment where Tesla stopped following the queen around like a puppy dog - having to choose between the queen and saving Helen. But having the queen betray him and throw him into a pit was better. (Anyone have flashbacks to Sleepers where the young vamps tossed Nikola off the building? Wasn't that when he said, "Oh I hate them.")

I'll write more after another viewing. Overall - loved this episode!!!
                                She wanted Helen as a fresh blood supply. Helen can't replentish that fast, so not sure what she was thinking.

Tesla sure came by is arrogance naturally. the queen was swimming in it. Helen was right to be cautious. Helen sure seemed...human. Which is fine. Good acting choice by Amanda.
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X