No
    Agreed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      No
      Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
      Agreed.
      Oh crap. They might be right. I was thinking only of the connection between "Vegas" and "McKay & Mrs Miller." I'll argue until I'm blue in the face that those two Alt-McKays are the same (or so similar as to make no important difference). As for Enemies at the Gate, I don't remember what role an alternate universe plays in the episode. Perhaps someone can remind me. (Or not. I'm about 2 weeks from seeing it again.) Sorry, Coco Pops.

Comment

Also I like how the gun Ronan uses is the same one the Travelers use.

Was there a story on how he got that gun?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
          Oh crap. They might be right. I was thinking only of the connection between "Vegas" and "McKay & Mrs Miller." I'll argue until I'm blue in the face that those two Alt-McKays are the same (or so similar as to make no important difference). As for Enemies at the Gate, I don't remember what role an alternate universe plays in the episode. Perhaps someone can remind me. (Or not. I'm about 2 weeks from seeing it again.) Sorry, Coco Pops.
          As far as I remember, it's only in the sense that the wraith's signal from 'Vegas' makes it to the current reality.
          My Fanfiction - http://archiveofourown.org/works/sea...icted%5D=false

Comment

I was thinking only of the connection between "Vegas" and "McKay & Mrs Miller." I'll argue until I'm blue in the face that those two Alt-McKays are the same (or so similar as to make no important difference)
            And that's wrong, too. I'm re-watching McKay & Mrs Miller right now. That Alt-McKay's Sheppard is with his Atlantis expedition, whereas Vegas' Alt-Sheppard obviously isn't. However both Alt-McKays traveled through a bridge to an Atlantis that wasn't their own. Otherwise, Vegas' Alt-McKay wouldn't have told his Sheppard the story of meeting a Col. Sheppard. So, similar universes but not identical. (I had really thought I had a handle on this one. I've seen the series a few times, but boy does the memory fade, even after a mere 2 years.)

Comment

However both Alt-McKays traveled through a bridge to an Atlantis that wasn't their own. Otherwise, Vegas' Alt-McKay wouldn't have told his Sheppard the story of meeting a Col. Sheppard.
              This is zero evidence that Mckay&msmiller happened in the Vegas timeline. Just how many times did SG1 meet alternate SG1's through means other than that bridge?

Lastly, Daedalus variations included an alternate team, and while we met them when dead, the rules of the Multiverse would mean that an infinite amount of Daedalus Variations happened, including one where the Vegas Mckay could've met a live alternate Sheppard.

Or they still have the quantum mirror, or this mckay did meet another Sheppard in Ripple Effect, etc etc etc.

Again, the Multiverse forces an infinite amount of infinite variations. Therefore, everything that can happen, will happen and has infact happened. There's an infinite amount of copies of Earth that are exactly the same except some atom somewhere had a slightly different quantum state.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                This is zero evidence that Mckay&msmiller happened in the Vegas timeline.
                Re-read my post. I agreed with you. Pointed out differences and similarity. Vegas' Alt-McKay met some other universe's Atlantis team, not our team.

Comment

There were more things which I did not like but this was the biggest: When Ronon died, really Sheppard risked his own life and the lives of others as well to return for his dead body? He could not absolutely know that the Wraiths will revive him. I know the motto "We dont leave our people behind." but i remember many times when the dead comrades were left behing during the action. This is quite extreme, is not it?

Comment

What makes you think they went back for him? It looked to me as though they were simply backtracking and stumbled upon him in the process. Ronon was in a hallway they had to go through on their way to the gate because he died in a hallway they passed through on their way from the gate.

Comment

Was that girl the actual sister of the actor that plays Rodney in Mrs Miller?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        Was that girl the actual sister of the actor that plays Rodney in Mrs Miller?
                        Yup, Kate Hewlett is the real life younger sister of David Hewlett.

They are hilarious on twitter.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Yup, Kate Hewlett is the real life younger sister of David Hewlett.

They are hilarious on twitter.

I did wonder that seeing them together. They are cute together how they interact.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            I did wonder that seeing them together. They are cute together how they interact.
                            I believe TPTW originally gave Rodney a brother, after which he casually mentioned that he had a younger sister who was also into acting, and they changed it to Rodney having a sister instead. I think David once mentioned this in an interview posted right here on Gateworld.

Comment

You are quite correct, Falcon Horus:

”When we did ‘Hot Zone,’ where [McKay] confesses that he has a sister, it had originally been written as a brother,” David Hewlett revealed to GateWorld. “And I said, ‘Look, just on the off chance, I’ve got a lot of sisters and one of them happens to be an actress. I’m not saying you have to cast her, but just on the off chance, can I say ‘sister?” And they said, ‘Oh, that’s a good idea. That’s fine.'”
                              https://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/...mckays-sister/

Comment

Yay for my long-term memory.

My short-term on the other hand...

Comment

Working...
                                X