This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    You've heard and disregarded my comments regarding Gun control and the "slippery slope".

That slope is getting steeper.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ate-body-armor

So, this yutz want to restrict sales of hardware that cannot possibly be used for attack, it's a defense, pure and simple.

There's an old saying "Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile."

See why you can't give them the first inch? ANY form of gun control should be opposed.

Oh, and only public officials should be able to protect themselves?
    you talk like your side isn't above that sort of thing

take freedom of choice start with something innocuous like refusing to fund planned parenthood & you end up with jailing people for attempted suicide or miscarriage

give the neocons an inch they'll take a light-year

(also who knows if that Schumer chap has his own agenda)

Comment

Yes. I won't be a hypocrite since I know it's legal to own and buy BA in Canada but I still believe it to be an issue.

There is no reason to own body armor. None. Excluding law enforcement agents and co but that's mandatory gear.

If you want BA it's because you're going to get shot at. If you're expecting to get shot at it's probably because you're going to light up a Walmart or some sh*t. Without BA you probably go down after a couple shots, with BA you can clear the whole Walmart.

A part from that, maybe equip kids with those since there's a shootout every week. I know the bulletproof schoolbag is already quite popular in the States is it not? How fkn sad is that?
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Amour has no correlation to weaponry advancement, nope, not at all...…..
        Armour can't be used as a weapon either.

Perhaps people should strap guns to themselves as protection, they are for protection, like armour, right?
        They are not a purpose built tool.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Amour has no correlation to weaponry advancement, nope, not at all...…..
          Armour can't be used as a weapon either.

Perhaps people should strap guns to themselves as protection, they are for protection, like armour, right?
          They are not a purpose built tool.
          And army transport planes such as the C-130 aren't to be considered tools of war as well, since they are used for transport. Is that it GF?

Force is to consider Annoyed is trolling again with his preposterous comments.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

You've heard and disregarded my comments regarding Gun control and the "slippery slope".

That slope is getting steeper.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ate-body-armor

So, this yutz want to restrict sales of hardware that cannot possibly be used for attack, it's a defense, pure and simple.

There's an old saying "Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile."

See why you can't give them the first inch? ANY form of gun control should be opposed.
            The above has NOTHING to do with this:
            Public officials use MONEY as their armour, and their weapons, as do anyone with power.
            Money never stopped JFK or MLK from getting there heads blown off, did it?

Nor did hopes and prayers.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              And army transport planes such as the C-130 aren't to be considered tools of war as well, since they are used for transport. Is that it GF?
              Bingo dude, nor were b-52's, they were only the "transport", not the "weapon"
              Force is to consider Annoyed is trolling again with his preposterous comments.
              He actually believes his crap. He's not trolling, he is just that ignorant.
              sigpic

Comment

Is incapable of reading more than the first two sentences of anything, either.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

New rules can deny green cards for immigrants on food stamps

Federal law already requires those seeking green cards and legal status to prove they will not be a burden to the United States, or what’s called a “public charge,” but the new rules, made public on Monday, detail a broader range of programs that could disqualify them.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    and as I said in "Galactica 1980" I don't think there was really much difference in technology aside from the fact that we had no lasers and no battlestar-sized space ships....against the Cylon base stars they used nukes....which we had in 1980 although pretty sure they touched on the fly in the ointment that ,being a time of tense relations with Russia, that 2 of the world's superpowers (US and Russia) had these nukes pointed at each other instead of the incoming Cylon threat

and while not as cool-looking as a hail of pulse laser beams....a hail of bullets could do a passable job of providing point defense against Cylon fighters had we the battlestars and vipers of our own to deploy them on and in fact would've been a better weapon to have on vipers to take out that thick-armored Cylon scout ship with (armor-piercing rounds specifically)

and our computing technology in 1980 seemed to be roughly on par with what they had on the Galactica...so with the kind of technology available to us in 1980 we probably could've started building some crude battlestars (that had projectile weaponry instead of laser-based weaponry for point defense) or at least some orbital defense platforms
                    The ability to conceive something is a far different thing than the ability to actually make it. Sure, we can imagine a ship the size of the Galactica, but having the metallurgical, design and other skills to build it would be quite beyond us at this time for the same reason skyscrapers didn't come into being before we had the skill to make the metal frames of them.

Another limit would have been energy. Up until the past year or so, the 1960's era Saturn V rocket was the most powerful machine humans had ever built. With which we were able to fly 3 men & their supporting hardware to our own moon.

Compare that to the energy that the colonies obtained from something called Tylium, able to propel something the size of a Battlestar (roughly 4 times the length of a Nimitz class carrier). We can't come close to that yet.

As far as computer tech, what was presented on the screen was an extension of RL computer tech of the era. Our own RL computer tech has so far surpassed what was imagined in 1978, I don't think you can judge anything from that.

Comment

WASHINGTON — Trump administration rules that could deny green cards to immigrants who use Medicaid, food stamps, housing vouchers or other forms of public assistance are going into effect, potentially making it more difficult for some to become U.S. citizens.
                      Good! We are not the worlds welfare office. You're basically saying that you support people who want to come here and live off the taxpayer.

Comment

Good! We are not the worlds welfare office. You're basically saying that you support people who want to come here and live off the taxpayer.
                        The greatest recipients of welfare are white. What do you say to this?

Spoiler:
                        Assuming you will deny that particular fact as it doesn't fit your rhetoric. I'd like to book one sitting of hypocrisy bacon, thank you.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                          The greatest recipients of welfare are white. What do you say to this?

Spoiler:
                          Assuming you will deny that particular fact as it doesn't fit your rhetoric. I'd like to book one sitting of hypocrisy bacon, thank you.
                          I say look at it in proportion; ie, if there are 10x more whites than others, you would expect there to be 10x more whites drawing benefits than others. The percentage of each race on welfare should be identical.

Is that the way it is? No?

No bacon for you! Not even that 'Roo bacon.

PS: What Trump is doing is simply enforcement of a law that has existed for more than a hundred years.
                          Last edited by Annoyed; 12 August 2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

No one is asking you to be, and despite your belief, not all immigrants, or refugees want to go to America.
                            sigpic

Comment

I say look at it in proportion; ie, if there are 10x more whites than others, you would expect there to be 10x more whites drawing benefits than others. The percentage of each race on welfare should be identical.

Is that the way it is? No?

No bacon for you! Not even that 'Roo bacon.

PS: What Trump is doing is simply enforcement of a law that has existed for more than a hundred years.
                              Law enforcement without justice is totalitarian.
                              sigpic

Comment

job discrimination & socio economic factors be damned

incidentally since you brought up gun control a few posts back - or rather "clothes control" in this case but let's get back to gun control - here's a question I've always wondered what do you (and the NRA etc.) have against Background Checks? as long as those are performed by a "neutral" party these can't affect the normal citizen's rights so what's the NRA's beef against that? you really think the founding fathers would've been against?
                                same question for Waiting Periods

Comment

Working...
                                X