The Light (418)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
    You do have to wonder what they did for those three weeks.
    Maybe they climbed those sphinx-like things on the beach.
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I turned my lava lamp on the moment this episode ended.

Rating: 5/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/07/light.html
      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
        Was it just me or was this episode extremely depressing. The suicides, people getting mad at each other, everything being dark on the planet, and dead bodies on the beach. However, the scene in the beach right before Teal'c finds Loran's parents was kinda funny. Sam and Jack fighting was kinda refreshing, the whole awkward relationship was getting kind of old. You do have to wonder what they did for those three weeks.
        i feel the same. depressing indeed. is this the first ep where an entire sg team dies? and sg1 again survives. not that i mind. they could have left at least 1 of the other sg team alive.

Comment

I liked this episode- it made me snicker to think about Apophis staring at the light, drooling. I wish they had more with sg-1's withdrawral, though.
          Don S. Davis, 1942-2008.

Comment

great episode, i think the kid was well cast.

Comment

I'm touched by the fact that Jack is willing to do everything he can to save Daniel, differences in opinion aside.
              For the scene that Jack carried Daniel on his shoulder and went through the gate, I can't help to think: poor Jack! RDA was around 50 (I think) at that time and a stongly-build MS is no easy burden for a 50 years old man!
              sigpic
              Sign by me

Comment

Maybe if they hadn't cared so much about getting DJ properly dressed before returning him to the planet, he wouldn't have been coded - once again.

Comment

My mum saw this episode and now uses it as a reason why we shouldn't watch too much TV. Shes says TV is like the light and it could kill us. Nice, isn't she.
                  Some say that he has only one ear.
                  And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                  All we know is he's called
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                    My mum saw this episode and now uses it as a reason why we shouldn't watch too much TV. Shes says TV is like the light and it could kill us. Nice, isn't she.
                    Interesting... Has she seen other SG-1 episodes?
                    sigpic
                    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                      i feel the same. depressing indeed. is this the first ep where an entire sg team dies? and sg1 again survives. not that i mind. they could have left at least 1 of the other sg team alive.
                      didn't a whole SG team die in S1's "Singularity"? not sure if there's more, but that one pops into my mind

also, interesting, I would have thought Jack to be the one to bet on Sam going instead of taking some time off, and Daniel to bet against her going, but since Jack lost the bet, it seems it was the other way around.

or at least Jack not to take the bet after Daniel bet on her going
                      --Signature is Currently Undergoing Invisibility Maintenance, Please Check Back Later or Leave a Message after The Beep--

*Beep*

Comment

I liked this episode. It kinda went slowish but the young actor they had guest starring did a wonderful job. I love how carter and jack start screaming at eachother on the beach. And of course Dr. Jackson died. What was that? Death number 4? The music for the light makes me so freaking sleepy.

rating 5 out of 10

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                        Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Jack: What kind of dumbass question is that?

Comment

Pretty solid episode for me. Enjoyable and re-watchable.

Comment

same watchable re watchable episode. i like the light that is like a drug. fantastic
                              sigpic

Comment

That was great!! the psychidelic drug light that made you instantly addicted, course I wouldn't mind being in that situation. Nice big palace by the lake.... Nice!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X