X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf!!!!!

Comment

I have all bsg episodes on my ipod except the new ones I also have sg1 heroes

Comment

I think it was a nice episode! I loved to see the Old Cylons!
        (It would be cool to see a Cylon civil war : Old Centiruons VS New Cylons) Hay hay hay!

Anyway I liked what I saw! On the DVD it's supposed to be an extended version? How many minutes? 10-20-30???

Isn't it beautiful?
        All good things must come to an end...
        Canada Rule!!!

Comment

16 minutes as far as I know. I don't think there'll be anything truly new, just some of the Razor preview clips edited into the story. The short broadcast included only 2 (and a half) of those.
          sigpic

Comment

it is about 20 and the extended scenes include:

Spoiler:
            cain as a little girl, and i think more to the main story. (if you remeber there's a bit where kendra tells starbuck she hears she likes being in hack. starbuck replies with 'you heard how i get there.' this wasn't in the broadcast version so i think it will be in this one. so there will be stuff to help flesh out the story.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Did anyone notice that there was a key characteristic about Lee Adama that he was supposed to be about 300 pounds during the present scenes? I mean this movie Razor was supposed to be taking place between season 2 and 3. If he was not fat right after season 2 he sure was at the beginnning of season 3. What's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Balls View Post
                Did anyone notice that there was a key characteristic about Lee Adama that he was supposed to be about 300 pounds during the present scenes? I mean this movie Razor was supposed to be taking place between season 2 and 3. If he was not fat right after season 2 he sure was at the beginnning of season 3. What's up with that?
                it wasn't between seasons 2 and 3. it was during season 2. very soon after the events of the captains hand as it was his first real mission as commander. He only put the weight on while they were at new caprica.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  it wasn't between seasons 2 and 3. it was during season 2. very soon after the events of the captains hand as it was his first real mission as commander. He only put the weight on while they were at new caprica.
                  Oh yeah, good point.

Comment

Apollo123 said "While I agree that Cain is a seriously flawed leader and was essentially a monster, not much different than Hitler, I don't know if I agree with your reasoning. Whatever military or civilian laws they had are pretty much out the window the day the human race was annihilated. Pegasus, as far as they knew, was the last ship of the entire military. They were humankind's last hope. They *are* the law, or at least they should be, if they have any hope of surviving. Also, many of your examples use 20th century American military laws and customs, which may or may not apply to the military on BSG. I mean Apollo is married to Dee, who was his XO! That's way worse than having a relationship with some girl in engineering."

With a war that nearly wipes out the entire race leadership automatically would fall upon the militaries shoulders...simply cause the president was killed and they had to find another. War for sure puts us under different rules and during a war that is trying to eradicate your entire race, you wouldnt want anyone but the military in charge...now that doesnt mean they are perfect or wont make mistakes...but I would rather have a guy with a gun that has some character (Adama) leading than a politician with no ability to protect! Now one thing I do find interesting is CAIN is exactly what we dont want. A leader with a gun with no CHARACTER! That becomes a dictatorship!

Now to the second point Apollo is married to Dee.

First when confronted with the possbility of the entire human race being wiped out eventually the military model has to give way in order to pro-create. It is obvious that ADM Cain and 6 were going to reproduce! Now to the next. I am a civilian contractor much like 6 was portrayed to be. Inside the scope of my job there are certain things that are allowed and not allowed. For example my boss is a Col. We have professional standards even though I am not in the military. It is the same situation here. Even though 6 wasnt in the Fleet she was for lack of the BSG term a contractor and therefore subject to many of the same laws anyone else in the fleet would of been subject too.

Bottomline RAZOR showed us in many regards why CAIN was unfit to lead.
                    "BRINGING GRACE TO A LOST WORLD"

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Can't really argue with any particular point there. except the last one. keep in mind that gina wasn't under her chain of command. she was only there to do the refit or whatever it was on pegasus.
                      See reply to Apollo123's post. Gina was in her chain of command but as a independent contractor, which are still held to the same standard as the military.
                      "BRINGING GRACE TO A LOST WORLD"

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
                        Apollo123 said "While I agree that Cain is a seriously flawed leader and was essentially a monster, not much different than Hitler, I don't know if I agree with your reasoning. Whatever military or civilian laws they had are pretty much out the window the day the human race was annihilated. Pegasus, as far as they knew, was the last ship of the entire military. They were humankind's last hope. They *are* the law, or at least they should be, if they have any hope of surviving. Also, many of your examples use 20th century American military laws and customs, which may or may not apply to the military on BSG. I mean Apollo is married to Dee, who was his XO! That's way worse than having a relationship with some girl in engineering."

With a war that nearly wipes out the entire race leadership automatically would fall upon the militaries shoulders...simply cause the president was killed and they had to find another. War for sure puts us under different rules and during a war that is trying to eradicate your entire race, you wouldnt want anyone but the military in charge...now that doesnt mean they are perfect or wont make mistakes...but I would rather have a guy with a gun that has some character (Adama) leading than a politician with no ability to protect! Now one thing I do find interesting is CAIN is exactly what we dont want. A leader with a gun with no CHARACTER! That becomes a dictatorship!

Now to the second point Apollo is married to Dee.

First when confronted with the possbility of the entire human race being wiped out eventually the military model has to give way in order to pro-create. It is obvious that ADM Cain and 6 were going to reproduce! Now to the next. I am a civilian contractor much like 6 was portrayed to be. Inside the scope of my job there are certain things that are allowed and not allowed. For example my boss is a Col. We have professional standards even though I am not in the military. It is the same situation here. Even though 6 wasnt in the Fleet she was for lack of the BSG term a contractor and therefore subject to many of the same laws anyone else in the fleet would of been subject too.

Bottomline RAZOR showed us in many regards why CAIN was unfit to lead.
                        the way i see it is that cain was a very good leader. I great military commander.......but she can only think of terms of being a soldier. She told kendra that she must find a way to become a razor and then when she needs too, when everything is over, to put the razor away. Cain is a razor......but she doesn't know how not to be. We saw that at the beginning with how she was happier staying on pegasus than going home or going with her friend to meet his family. So in the end she was the thing she only knew how to be, but she let her guard down just one time and that was for gina. Love has a way of making fools of us all.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
                          See reply to Apollo123's post. Gina was in her chain of command but as a independent contractor, which are still held to the same standard as the military.
                          except we're thinking of this as if it is in our modern day military whne really we have no idea what the nuances of the colonial military are other than what we see in the show.

Comment

Overall, i found it enjoyable. Although it did have a certain air of 'one huge honkin missing scene'. Something that does fill in the gaps of the previous two seasons, and answers some questions. But that also could be missed, you could pepper the s4 premiere with some snippits, and not miss anything.

i enjoyed it. I liked watching something where i know that there's no such thing as 'protected' character or someone tha's immune from ever dying. and i liked using the POV of the new girl to do it. cain was believable as she was nuts
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised no one noticed this big plothole:

Spoiler:

When Starbuck, Shaw etc are about to enter the room where they experimented on the humans, we hear the hybrid speech. He says, talking about the 7 human form cylons we know (except the ones revealed in the season three finale), "the seven, now six self-described machines", referring, presumably, to D'Anna Biers being "boxed"). However, this doesn't happen until way after RAZOR takes place, in the episode "Rapture" of season 3. Major goof imo.
                              Last edited by justinkb; 02 December 2007, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                Overall, i found it enjoyable. Although it did have a certain air of 'one huge honkin missing scene'. Something that does fill in the gaps of the previous two seasons, and answers some questions. But that also could be missed, you could pepper the s4 premiere with some snippits, and not miss anything.

i enjoyed it. I liked watching something where i know that there's no such thing as 'protected' character or someone tha's immune from ever dying. and i liked using the POV of the new girl to do it. cain was believable as she was nuts
                                Well to be honest Battle Galactica is not exactly original any more in that sense , as I feel Lost, Heroes, Spooks, Bionic women all seem to me to have not safe characters, I ill stay it probably lost that made it popular to kill of characters regularly and personally I love it when they or any other show does it.

I even get the feeling that Stargate is moving in the same direction, okay they to think of better ways to kill characters and more perminant ways to. but I have got a feeling we gonna see a lot more death of central characters in the future franchise.

But I think all shows now relies that audience have no loyalty why pretend we do and protect characters, and instead relies they keep shows fresh by killing characters off.

Comment

Working...
                                X