Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anise wasn't that wonderful of a character, but her costuming wasn't really that bad. Compare and contrast with just about any other show on television, especially in terms of clevage shown.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      Anise wasn't that wonderful of a character, but her costuming wasn't really that bad. Compare and contrast with just about any other show on television, especially in terms of clevage shown.
      Character-wise, it might have worked with a better actor. The costuming wasn't that good either it was designed for sex appeal. When you watch the show with a guy who says 'she was hired for her assets, right?' you know what they're aiming for

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
        If the network has never asked for scantily clad large breasted women, then wouldn't the logical conclusion be that TPTB put them there, on their own initative?
        I'd have to say, uh, yes. After all, when they write scripts, they write in descriptions and the producers are involved in the casting to a degree....

Comment

February 7, 2007

Peter writes: "...if it isn't that much of a chore, could you please inform Martin Gero that he is a God?"

Answer: I don't need to tell Martin because HE reminds US of this fact every day.
          [...]
          Bugguy writes: "When will the next season air? Either on Sky, Scifi, or Movie Central/Network?"

Answer: Season four should air on all of the above. As for when - that has yet to be decided.

Anonymous writes: "...what are a couple of your favorite scenes from the episodes in the latter two seasons?"

Answer: Loved the ending or Prototype where Mitchell and Daniel take out Khalek. The last scene of Camelot where Vala looks out the window of the Ori ship and surveys the destruction wrought. The Fraiser/Landry scene in Ripple Effect in which Fraiser questions why Landry's reality should be any more important than hers. Vala's rorschach test in Morpheus. The Mitchell/Landry scene in Uninvited in which Landry shows off his birdcalling abilities - much to Mitchell's horror. The Farscape take-of in 200. The, uh, not so subtle broadside at a certain show's premature cancellation in Family Ties - numerous times. A couple of scenes in Unending that I can't reveal without spoiling it for everyone.

D writes: "...will there be any great scene(s) between Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c in the last episode?"

Answer: There will be a multitude of great scenes between various characters in the season 10 finale.

Anonymous writes: "Do you know if the season will ever be release in HD?"

Answer: It should be. Unfortunately, I'm not privy to the DVD release dates.

Marla writes: "I could have sworn that Michael Shanks said in either a convention appearance or a magazine interview that his youngest daughter Mia had a small part in a season 10 episode. If this is correct and I am remembering rightly could you tell us which episode that is and if it's been aired yet either in the UK or the USA?"

Answer: To be perfectly honest, I have no idea.

Majorsal writes: "...is there going to be a 'sam ep' in season 4?"

Answer: All of our characters will get a spotlight episode in the front half of season four.

February 6, 2007

Lynn writes: "What I've always wondered is when you're writing a scene that needs a specific effect, do you give ideas to the special effects expert, or see what they come up with? Are you familiar enough with what they do to give imput on the process, or do you just trust their expertise? On the same subject, have you ever been totally impressed with what they came up with, and it took your idea farther than you expected?"

Answer: We always have something in mind when we write the script, but are always surprised by how our visual effects team can take that initial thought, build upon it, and produce some of the best visual effects on television. The minute-long bomb-dropping sequence in First Strike is a great example. Martin told me what he envisioned for the sequence when he was working on the script, but I was truly amazed by what Mark Savela and co. came up with.

Jason writes: "Do you know if MGM is planning on selling the DVD movies separately or together as a package?"

Answer: I honestly don't know what MGM has planned regarding the release of the DVD movies. However, I'd imagine they would want to release them as soon as each became available rather than waiting for a double-release.
          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
            February 7, 2007

Anonymous writes: "Do you know if the season will ever be release in HD?"

Answer: It should be. Unfortunately, I'm not privy to the DVD release dates.
            I find it odd that the producers aren't privy to DVD release dates. They reallly should be interested as sales of these keep them employed.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              I find it odd that the producers aren't privy to DVD release dates. They reallly should be interested as sales of these keep them employed.
              Or are unaware that DVD does not equal HD

Actually, sicne the DVD release is compeltely in MGM/ Fox's hands, I don't see a reason why the studio should know the dates....
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                Or are unaware that DVD does not equal HD

Actually, sicne the DVD release is compeltely in MGM/ Fox's hands, I don't see a reason why the studio should know the dates....
                Heh

Since the studio makes the initial product, you'd someone would keep track of DVD release dates. Probably someone else at the studio.

Comment

Heh

Since the studio makes the initial product, you'd someone would keep track of DVD release dates. Probably someone else at the studio.
                  It's true that they're the ones making the product - but once the product is made, it's completely out of their hands. Jus tlike TPTB found out from Gateworld that the second half won't air on Skiffy this year til April, not from Skiffy themselves, it makes sense the distribution department in MGM doesn't bother giving them a cool

At any rate, as for season 10, which was the centre of the question, it's still premature at any rate, because they should just be finishing the special features and doing the audio commentary now, methinks.
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    It's true that they're the ones making the product - but once the product is made, it's completely out of their hands. Jus tlike TPTB found out from Gateworld that the second half won't air on Skiffy this year til April, not from Skiffy themselves, it makes sense the distribution department in MGM doesn't bother giving them a cool

At any rate, as for season 10, which was the centre of the question, it's still premature at any rate, because they should just be finishing the special features and doing the audio commentary now, methinks.
                    They could easily ask someone at MGm to let them know. It's not like they're fan or something. They're the producers of the show. Or maybe they just don't care when the DVDs come out.

Comment

They could easily ask someone at MGm to let them know. It's not like they're fan or something. They're the producers of the show. Or maybe they just don't care when the DVDs come out.
                      Well, most likely
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Well, my question got answered by Joe; it seems Atlantis returns to shooting in the first week of March.

I think we sort of knew that already, but it's good to have confirmation.

Comment

i just posted a comment but when i went to look in the list of comments it wasnt there does it take time to come up or something

edit: ok i just seen the blog comments are moderated

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            I'd forgotten about her but I was thinking more of the extras. I recall many episodes of very large breasted, braless women. There are too many of them for it to be random.

Comment

Originally posted by pattirose View Post
                              I'd forgotten about her but I was thinking more of the extras. I recall many episodes of very large breasted, braless women. There are too many of them for it to be random.
                              There are a higher percentage of silcone-enhanced ladies in show business than anywhere else, but that's mostly L.A. Don't know about Vancouver, but I'm sure they DO cast by appearance (do'h) and go 9 times out of 10 for women with obvious breasts than those who are average or less.

Comment

I don't know...I think Irresistable and Irresponsible really tipped the scale towards *that* direction. If you take them out, I think the extras are fairly normal.

Then again, I haven't watched Season 2 for a while now (saving it for the DVDs).

Comment

Working...
                                X