Theory about the finale SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    First they invade Terra Nova, only after they are there, they learn that a fake story about the radiation leek has been put into place. Meaning that they did take over Hope Plaza while the Pilgrims where there. Though I would really love to know what was going on in 2149. Have they taken Hope Plaza hostage or did they force the others to play along and who are those Good Guys behind Hope Plaza anyway? Alot of Questions that I hope will be answered next Season.
    Yeah, I would like to see more stories taking place in hope plaza And thanks for the explanation!
    sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Comment

Thinking about it I don't think the bomb was related to the explosions we saw, but the scenery was blurred into one in the rush to convey so much info on screen in such a short space of time, plus tbh, I think most show writers/producers don't give the viewer enough credit to pick up on this stuff, The Moff is one of few the exceptions.

Ignoring the continuity errors, my Spock part of me says it went like this:

Jim arrives with bomb
      Jim arms and drops bomb into cooling duct(?) or safe hiding place.
      Jim shoots unidentified ducting when bad guys turn up (for second time)
      Jim runs for exit, several explosions get set off as a result of him shooting the duct.
      As Jim goes through the portal, or very shortly after, the Nuclear bomb goes off destroying Hope Plaza.

I think that sums it up best seeing as even the most simple couch potato knows you can't outrun a (thermal nuclear?) blast wave, and considering they made such a big fuss about Lucas and co needing to be outside of the blast area before setting the bomb off earlier in the episode, I think it's safe so assume they couldn't/didn't change it's yield, so it had to be on a timer and unrelated to the explosions we saw.

Would probably had been better to show Jim running for the portal, then a short 3 second shot of the bomb's countdown timer reaching 0, then a nice wide shot of Hope Plaza going up, then cut to the "did he get through the portal?" scene they showed, rather than the ambiguous way the did show it merging everything into one.

Comment

sigpic
        I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
        Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          Thinking about it I don't think the bomb was related to the explosions we saw, but the scenery was blurred into one in the rush to convey so much info on screen in such a short space of time, plus tbh, I think most show writers/producers don't give the viewer enough credit to pick up on this stuff, The Moff is one of few the exceptions.

Ignoring the continuity errors, my Spock part of me says it went like this:

Jim arrives with bomb
          Jim arms and drops bomb into cooling duct(?) or safe hiding place.
          Jim shoots unidentified ducting when bad guys turn up (for second time)
          Jim runs for exit, several explosions get set off as a result of him shooting the duct.
          As Jim goes through the portal, or very shortly after, the Nuclear bomb goes off destroying Hope Plaza.

I think that sums it up best seeing as even the most simple couch potato knows you can't outrun a (thermal nuclear?) blast wave, and considering they made such a big fuss about Lucas and co needing to be outside of the blast area before setting the bomb off earlier in the episode, I think it's safe so assume they couldn't/didn't change it's yield, so it had to be on a timer and unrelated to the explosions we saw.

Would probably had been better to show Jim running for the portal, then a short 3 second shot of the bomb's countdown timer reaching 0, then a nice wide shot of Hope Plaza going up, then cut to the "did he get through the portal?" scene they showed, rather than the ambiguous way the did show it merging everything into one.
          Yeah, I agree that they should have ended it like that, it would have given us a definitive answer and stop us frommm guessing - but then again maybe they want to leave it like that, so they can change their mind next season and say that it didn't explode etcetc

And yeah I forgot that the nuclear bomb had that sort of a radius

And did anyone else think the needle thing Jim's wife gave him was to kill a guard or person at Hope Plaza, not a dinosaur
          sigpic
          Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
            Yeah, I agree that they should have ended it like that, it would have given us a definitive answer and stop us frommm guessing - but then again maybe they want to leave it like that, so they can change their mind next season and say that it didn't explode etcetc

And yeah I forgot that the nuclear bomb had that sort of a radius

And did anyone else think the needle thing Jim's wife gave him was to kill a guard or person at Hope Plaza, not a dinosaur
            The way she said it sounded to me too as if whatever was in there is deadly and not something to wake up. Though I guess in a sufficiently high dose even adrenaline can kill you.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I assumed it was to wake Mr Dino up, I doubt they'd have got away with sending a concious Dino through the portal, it would either have made a noise, or a mess of Jim.

Comment

I assumed it was to wake Mr Dino up, I doubt they'd have got away with sending a concious Dino through the portal, it would either have made a noise, or a mess of Jim.
                Yeah, but we didnt know about the Dino at that point.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

That was not a nuclear explosive. I guess, it was a sort of thermobaric weapon which produces a tremendous amount of heat and an intense shock-wave - after all, it was intended to be used at the Terra Nova site to quickly cleanse resource-rich areas from life, and not to make it uninhabitable for centuries. Enough to definitely cripple Hope Plaza beyond hope. The damage it caused must have been immense. Building a new Hope Plaza facility somewhere seems more efficient than trying to repair the existing one.

Jim could have outran it, if the explosion took place deep inside the structure of the facility. It takes some time to propagate through the openings if the structural integrity of the building is high enough to withstand the pressure. When he dropped the device into that opening, it clearly sounded pretty damn deep.

Comment

The way she said it sounded to me too as if whatever was in there is deadly and not something to wake up. Though I guess in a sufficiently high dose even adrenaline can kill you.
                    I didn't think there was a creature with him in there, I just thought it was just the load the sixers were trying to get through the portal LOL

Originally posted by Varifold View Post
                    That was not a nuclear explosive. I guess, it was a sort of thermobaric weapon which produces a tremendous amount of heat and an intense shock-wave - after all, it was intended to be used at the Terra Nova site to quickly cleanse resource-rich areas from life, and not to make it uninhabitable for centuries. Enough to definitely cripple Hope Plaza beyond hope. The damage it caused must have been immense. Building a new Hope Plaza facility somewhere seems more efficient than trying to repair the existing one.

Jim could have outran it, if the explosion took place deep inside the structure of the facility. It takes some time to propagate through the openings if the structural integrity of the building is high enough to withstand the pressure. When he dropped the device into that opening, it clearly sounded pretty damn deep.
                    Ah yes, it can't be nuclear then - like you say they didn't want to scotch the earth, they wanted to get rid of dino's And yeah, it would take a little while for the explosion to take effect
                    sigpic
                    Indeed

Comment

Yeah, but we didnt know about the Dino at that point.
                      But they did, that was the whole plan, substitute the package for one of their own and send one person along to do the fine details, that's why they went to all the trouble of swapping over the carriage labels onto "their" package. Dino was the decoy that allowed Jim to plant the bomb, but to send him through on the quiet he had to be sedated, and Jim's little(ish) needle full of adrenaline was to wake him up at the destination, that's the way I understood it.

Comment

But they did, that was the whole plan, substitute the package for one of their own and send one person along to do the fine details, that's why they went to all the trouble of swapping over the carriage labels onto "their" package. Dino was the decoy that allowed Jim to plant the bomb, but to send him through on the quiet he had to be sedated, and Jim's little(ish) needle full of adrenaline was to wake him up at the destination, that's the way I understood it.
                        Okay, I might just have missed something, but I had no idea about the Dino till they actually opened the Cargo and then I was like "When the heck did they have time for this?!?"
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I could not take him as a leader. Just too unbelievable. And what about Mira she was not that believable either. Lucas was like he had PMS random screaming and then not, but that's not his fault it was the lousy script the actor was given. As for Mira she was just a jumble of over the top cliches IMHO......

They should dump that whole 6ers, bad guys army plot altogether, say they all got killed off in the badlands and explore that side of the story. Perhaps the badlands are like a cosmic junkyard where random things from different times get dumped and not just from Earth, but random parts of our galaxy, and random time periods. Maybe they can find a hole leading back to 2149 or just explore the badlands and the conditions there ..... All the other current B plots should be either wound up or dumped.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            I could not take him as a leader. Just too unbelievable. And what about Mira she was not that believable either. Lucas was like he had PMS random screaming and then not, but that's not his fault it was the lousy script the actor was given. As for Mira she was just a jumble of over the top cliches IMHO......

They should dump that whole 6ers, bad guys army plot altogether, say they all got killed off in the badlands and explore that side of the story. Perhaps the badlands are like a cosmic junkyard where random things from different times get dumped and not just from Earth, but random parts of our galaxy, and random time periods. Maybe they can find a hole leading back to 2149 or just explore the badlands and the conditions there ..... All the other current B plots should be either wound up or dumped.
                            For someone who wasn't going to watch the show...you sure know a lot about it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              For someone who wasn't going to watch the show...you sure know a lot about it.
                              I said the finale got me interested again. Why wasn't the whole series like this They only start getting good in the finale..... I like my idea about the badlands
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                I said the finale got me interested again. Why wasn't the whole series like this They only start getting good in the finale..... I like my idea about the badlands
                                BUT....if you weren't going to watch the show...like you vowed earlier...you wouldn't have seen the finale!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X