Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things in Farscape that are stupid and outrageous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
    1. Certain scenes and if there was any nudity (but these are nowhere near as bad as "SG"U or other shows and since the series was so good it was largely ignorable).
    Neither Farscape nor SGU had nudity.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Redstar2613 View Post
      But the clone DID get the infomation. Not for a weapon but it had completed it's task. It copied every bit of infomation John had locked away at the time. He couldn't build a weapon until Eistein gave him the knowledge in The Peacekeeper Wars.
      He did get the information because Jack gave it to him, during that mission. He never had it before and therefore the real (I say real because they'd not have killed the original) John never had it. He too had to be given it, this time from Einstein.
      Last edited by SaberBlade; 28 January 2011, 04:08 AM. Reason: huge mistake.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Which is a shame, as both shows had some damn fine women. Noranti, rawr.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Which is a shame, as both shows had some damn fine women. Noranti, rawr.
          Oh dear
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I seem to remember some.... "blue" uh... nudity.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              I seem to remember some.... "blue" uh... nudity.
              Well we saw the back of Zhaan, and Chiana on occasion. And to be honest if we compare the women of SGU and Farscape, the women on SGU were positively prudish in comparison. I don’t remember any of the characters in SGU having an orgasm on screen, or having Chiana’s sex drive.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                Well we saw the back of Zhaan, and Chiana on occasion. And to be honest if we compare the women of SGU and Farscape, the women on SGU were positively prudish in comparison. I don’t remember any of the characters in SGU having an orgasm on screen, or having Chiana’s sex drive.
                and yet all the women on farscape were actually intelligent and served a purpose!
                Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
                  and yet all the women on farscape were actually intelligent and served a purpose!
                  Jool in the long term doesn't seem to have much a purpose
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Jool in the long term doesn't seem to have much a purpose
                    I think, had there been a season 5, she would have played a role with the idolons but since that was a 5-10 minute chunk, there wasn't much she could do.

But which female in SGU has purpose?
                    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post

But which female in SGU has purpose?
                      Gee, I dunno there was the medic, the civilian leader, the Lieutenant and their continuing storylines.

To be honest I don't want to get into a SGU V Farscape debate, they're both good shows in their own way imo. However I was refuting something that someone in the thread said earlier, that Farscape was more restrained in showing sexuality than SGU. Which isn't true. Farscape often included sexuality in its storylines, often in weird ways. Who remembers the Natira and Scorpius sex scene? You never got anything like that on SGU.

Comment

55 Cycles and still no information just showed that the neural implant would never have gotten the information, as Crichton never had the real wormhole weapon knowledge that Scorpius wanted. In the middle of season three, one of the two John's did get the information to make a basic wormhole weapon but he died shortly after learning it. It wasn't until the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series that Crichton was able to get the full knowledge unlocked and put the fear of God into those seeking the technology. Crichton was basically limited to finding wormholes and using them to cross space, time and dimensions rather than weapons.

As for not taking control, could be anyone's guess. The nebula they were trapped in may have had something to do with it, or knowing that he couldn't escape just meant Harvey had no point in taking over.

As for not calling Scorpius the name Harvey, Harvey is from a James Stewart movie (called Harvey) about a guy who's best friend is a 6ft rabbit called Harvey who only he can see. His friends think he's either drunk or mad but eventually they all realise he's real. So the neural clone is called Harvey (because of the movie) and the real Scorpius is just whatever John feels like calling him.

1.I know where he took the name Harvey, but why didn't he call the CLONE Harvey in the alternate timeline when he did in the real one.
                        2. Harvey DID get the technology in the real timeline, why not in the alternate one?
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

He did get the information because Jack gave it to him, during that mission. He never had it before and therefore the real (I say real because they'd not have killed the original) John never had it. He too had to be given it, this time from Einstein.

Oh, dear. Have you watched Farscape? THERE WERE NO FALSE JOHNS!!! THEY GUY GOT TWINNED!!! BY THE TIME JOHN WAS IN THE "LOCKET" SITUATION, HE HAD MET JACK AND HAD GOTTEN THE INFO FROM HIM!!!!!!
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                            Gee, I dunno there was the medic, the civilian leader, the Lieutenant and their continuing storylines.

To be honest I don't want to get into a SGU V Farscape debate, they're both good shows in their own way imo. However I was refuting something that someone in the thread said earlier, that Farscape was more restrained in showing sexuality than SGU. Which isn't true. Farscape often included sexuality in its storylines, often in weird ways. Who remembers the Natira and Scorpius sex scene? You never got anything like that on SGU.
                            The Grayza and John scene was pretty disturbing too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                              The Grayza and John scene was pretty disturbing too.
                              Well it was rape, pure and simple, and was portrayed as such as well.

Farscape always had some pretty disturbing content, who remebers Scorpius making Grunchlk bite off his own fingers? Good Times.

Comment

One thing that does not make sense to me:
                                If Moya is a living ship, shouldn't she get her energy by eating ?
                                She gave birth like a mammal, so she doesn't seem to be a plant-life, so shouldn't get energy from the sun via photosynthesis. So a living thing would need to get some sustenance, but there is nothing about that in the show. She is flying through space, supplies oxygen and heat for the crew, but where does she get all the energy for that ?

Comment

Working...
                                X